Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO Star Wars 2016 News and Discussion

LEGO Star Wars 2016 News and Discussion

Hoth bricks has a list of expected sets due out January. BESPIN CARBON FREEZE CHAMBER! 6 micro fighters , 2 from tfa and 4 from rebels. Hero, villian, and battlefront army builders, hoth battle, droid escape pod, obi WANs E3 /starfighter. Two more bigger system sets from TFA. Looks good for 2016!

• 2 x SW TFA Microfighters
    • 1 x SW TFA Battle Pack (Hero)
    • 1 x SW TFA Battle Pack (Villain)
    • SW TFA Battle on Takodana
    • SW TFA The Pirate Transport
    Ces six sets seront accompagnés de quatre sets System basés sur les films existants (Trilogie Originale et Prélogie) :
    • Hoth Attack
    • Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber
    • Droid Escape Pod
    • Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor (ROTS)
    Quatre sets Microfighters seront basés sur la série animée Star Wars Rebels :
    • SW Rebels Microfighters : AT-DP
    • SW Rebels Microfighters : The Ghost
    • SW Rebels Microfighters : Tie Advanced Prototype
    • SW Rebels Microfighters : Wookie Gunship
    Last edited by INDY; 07-31-2015 at 05:23 PM.

I wonder in the new battle of hoth set in January means the talk of the UCS Hoth is really a TFA AT-AT!

Carbon freezing chamber! Yessss!

Quote Originally Posted by Montross View Post
    Carbon freezing chamber! Yessss!
    Ditto!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    Hoth bricks has a list of expected sets due out January. BESPIN CARBON FREEZE CHAMBER! 6 micro fighters , 2 from tfa and 4 from rebels. Hero, villian, and battlefront army builders, hoth battle, droid escape pod, obi WANs E3 /starfighter. Two more bigger system sets from TFA. Looks good for 2016!
    Ces six sets seront accompagnés de quatre sets System basés sur les films existants (Trilogie Originale et Prélogie) :
    • Hoth Attack
    • Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber
    • Droid Escape Pod
    • Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor (ROTS)

Not happy. Though I do like that we're still getting fresh OT sets in the midst of the TFA explosion.

1) Hoth Attack?!?, Really?, after we're getting a frankly unneeded and somewhat unwanted entire UCS Hoth Base this Fall? Unless this is based on the cut-scene of the Wampas attacking the rebel base... that i'd like.

2) Carbon Freeze Chamber... NOOOOO!... this drastically reduces that we'll ever see a UCS Cloud City in the same vein of the Death Star. Granted that's always been a fevered dream, but it would have been so awesome. I suppose it just would've been too expensive. But i'd say this set makes it dead in the water. Then again, maybe this will be a modular set that will combine with future sets?, kinds like Jabba's Palace. That would totally redeem TLG.

3) Droid Escape Pod... eh. Gotta have some low priced sets I suppose. How about a vacuum-metal R2 and 3PO, that would be cool.
    Last edited by jcecil; 07-31-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcecil View Post
    Not happy. Though I do like that we're still getting fresh OT sets in the midst of the TFA explosion.

2) Carbon Freeze Chamber... NOOOOO!... this drastically reduces that we'll ever see a UCS Cloud City in the same vein of the Death Star. Granted that's always been a fevered dream, but it would have been so awesome. I suppose it just would've been too expensive. But i'd say this set makes it dead in the water. Then again, maybe this will be a modular set that will combine with future sets?, kinds like Jabba's Palace. That would totally redeem TLG.
    Some people on other forums are hoping it will be a combination of sets that combine together ala rancor pit and Jabbas Palace like you mention.

Though, if I'm being honest with myself, the Carbon freeze chamber is really the only exciting piece of Cloud City that would make a good Lego set. The rest is just random rooms/hallways...I guess a landing platform would be an ok feature but they couldn't make it large enough to hold even a non-UCS falcon unless it was a severely under scaled version and I wouldn't want that.

The rest of what we see in cloud city makes for a pretty boring playset.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutt View Post
    Some people on other forums are hoping it will be a combination of sets that combine together ala rancor pit and Jabbas Palace like you mention.

Though, if I'm being honest with myself, the Carbon freeze chamber is really the only exciting piece of Cloud City that would make a good Lego set. The rest is just random rooms/hallways...I guess a landing platform would be an ok feature but they couldn't make it large enough to hold even a non-UCS falcon unless it was a severely under scaled version and I wouldn't want that.

The rest of what we see in cloud city makes for a pretty boring playset.
    Hopefully it has the torture chamber/prison cells and a gantry/window.
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

Very happy to see we are getting a Bespin set. A lot of people on this forum wanted Lego sets based on Bespin scenes. If it is just the freezing chamber, maybe Lego will make other Bespin sets later that can interlock with this one.

Either way, we wanted Lego Bespin and we are getting Lego Bespin.

Hey Hasbro…..Start taking notes

Hopefully the carbon freeze chamber is is at least 1000 pieces with 8-10 minifigs.
    At least it shows that Lego is thinking about Cloud City.
    Gorge, guzzle and wench, for tomorrow we get gutted.

I just want a battle pack with Lando, Vader, luke and A stormtrooper.

I know it won't happen but I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwig4190 View Post
    Very happy to see we are getting a Bespin set. A lot of people on this forum wanted Lego sets based on Bespin scenes. If it is just the freezing chamber, maybe Lego will make other Bespin sets later that can interlock with this one.

Either way, we wanted Lego Bespin and we are getting Lego Bespin.

Hey Hasbro…..Start taking notes
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast