Page 236 of 237 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2361

Thread: Elite Series - Die Cast Action Figures

Quote Originally Posted by Twilly View Post
    Its too bad this doesnt differentiate between the first release vader and the subsequent release vader.
    Doesn't it? There is the OG Vader from 2015 and later the Vader unmasked with a 2018 release...

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeLuke View Post
    Doesn't it? There is the OG Vader from 2015 and later the Vader unmasked with a 2018 release...
    No, there was the pre-release (or whatever the initial 6 figures were called) 2015 vader for empire strikes back, and then they re-released vader in 2016.

They used the same sculpt, but the manufacturing stamp on the packaging shows the different date.

The vader unmasked was the third release of vader.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Twilly; 09-10-2019 at 09:52 PM.

No, there was the pre-release (or whatever the initial 6 figures were called) 2015 vader for empire strikes back, and then they re-released vader in 2016.

They used the same sculpt, but the manufacturing stamp on the packaging shows the different date.

The vader unmasked was the third release of vader.

Ah okay, you mean the original D23 set Vader? Yes, I do not distinguish between production stamps if the figures have the same molds and all. Otherwise, I mention variants if they are noteworthy (e.g. different paint jobs, ...).

By the way, both Vaders are from 2016, with the unmasked Vader being from 2018.

So who thinks that this line will make a comeback for TROS?

- ASH
    Star Wars centric News, Entertainment, Reviews & Collecting page.

Like My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheJournalOfTheWhills
    Follow My Instagram: @TheWhills

I have a love hate relationship with them. I am missing a bunch of TLJ ones because either you pay full price or regret that you did. I didn't get unmasked vader either so i just stopped. The droid wave was awesome but came and went in the blink of an eye. I have boxloads of them and they are also cumbersome to display. But I love them too. See love hate... I dont think they will return but would not be surprised if they did.

Yeah they are only really suited to be being displayed in their boxes, so they do take up quite a bit of space.
    I think I collected all of them apart from Grevious and Maul, as initially I was unsure on whether they were worth collecting as well as TBS 6”. I quickly got hooked, especially with the limited releases and occasion tie-in’s, they felt more ‘special’ and collectible than TBS 6”. Plus, I open all of my TBS 6“ to display so these were to be displayed in their box.

I feel 50/50 certain about their return for TROS, I feel as if they might release them as the line hasn’t ever officially ended, although none were released to support SOLO - however Disney Store merch to support SOLO was minimal anyway.

Fingers crossed!

- ASH
    Star Wars centric News, Entertainment, Reviews & Collecting page.

Like My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheJournalOfTheWhills
    Follow My Instagram: @TheWhills

Ah okay, you mean the original D23 set Vader? Yes, I do not distinguish between production stamps if the figures have the same molds and all. Otherwise, I mention variants if they are noteworthy (e.g. different paint jobs, ...).

By the way, both Vaders are from 2016, with the unmasked Vader being from 2018.
    So, no, i dont think we're talking about the same thing...

The D23 vader was released in early 2016 as an 8-character collectors set, which included c-3po and r2d2.

They then released those 6 figures again (no c-3po/r2d2, though), for limited times in-stores, and packaged individually rather than as a set, prior to the release of the force awakens in 2016.

There was then ANOTHER wave of vaders in 2017 that looked identical to the pre-TFA masked vaders... At least, there was in the Disney store near me. They had tons of them for about 3 to 5 months.

Then in 2018, they released the vader unmasked.

Does anyone else remember this, or have i just been teleported from a different timeline or something?

So, no, i dont think we're talking about the same thing...

The D23 vader was released in early 2016 as an 8-character collectors set, which included c-3po and r2d2.

They then released those 6 figures again (no c-3po/r2d2, though), for limited times in-stores, and packaged individually rather than as a set, prior to the release of the force awakens in 2016.

There was then ANOTHER wave of vaders in 2017 that looked identical to the pre-TFA masked vaders... At least, there was in the Disney store near me. They had tons of them for about 3 to 5 months.

Then in 2018, they released the vader unmasked.

Does anyone else remember this, or have i just been teleported from a different timeline or something?

I remember it as the D23 set Vader and then a single release that came out at some point AFTER Force Friday 2015 but before TFA. That figure would go in and out of stock on the Disney site as well as Disney Stores throughout 2016- 2017. Then unmasked Vader comes out in 2018.
    Last edited by hothandcold; 09-19-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hothandcold View Post
    I remember it as the D23 set Vader and then a single release that came out at some point AFTER Force Friday 2015 but before TFA. That figure would go in and out of stock on the Disney site as well as Disney Stores throughout 2016- 2017. Then unmasked Vader comes out in 2018.

That is my timeline as well.
    - D23 set in 2015 (before Force Friday)
    - Single Vader after (not on!) Force Friday on Nov 23, with turbulent availabilty throughout the web and stores, but being the same figure
    - unmasked Vader in 2018

That is my timeline as well.
    - D23 set in 2015 (before Force Friday)
    - Single Vader after (not on!) Force Friday on Nov 23, with turbulent availabilty throughout the web and stores, but being the same figure
    - unmasked Vader in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by hothandcold View Post
    Hmmm ok.

Maybe we're saying the same thing, but differently..?

I remeber d23 set.

Then i remember six of those figures being released one-at-a-time and one per week in the 6 weeks or so leading up to the release of the force awakens. One to commemorate each movie released leading up to TFA: maul for TPM, anakin for TCW, grievous for RotS, stormtrooper for ANH, Vader for ESB, and Fett for RotJ (or something like that).

At least in my local disney stores, once TFA was released, they shifted to only sell figures from TFA. Then after 6 months or so, when it seemed like interest in the Elite Series figures was starting to slow down a little, they started selling a vader again that was otherwise identical to the ESB early release vader described above. That guy stayed in my local Disney store, in surprisingly high numbers, for at least 3 months. I probably should have bought one (or more) at the time.

Again, maybe we're saying the same thing. I unfortunately didnt take much notice of force Friday back then, so the timing of that really isnt something i remember - which could also be throwing off my description of events.

..or maybe my Disney store wasnt very good at managing their inventory or something, and when i asked what was going on they spun some tall tale that was complete BS.

Page 236 of 237 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237 LastLast