Page 234 of 235 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235 LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2342

Thread: Elite Series - Die Cast Action Figures

I agree. If they're done, at least they went out on a high note with the droids.

I hope the line isn't done though and hope they'll release a few figures for special occasions.
    Wants: Star Wars Celebration Exclusive TBS6 Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Trade Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=887973

I was at my local Disney store in the mall and I noticed they had the GNK droid marked down to $14.99. They had about 4 left. The other die-cast figures that were there about a month ago were gone now.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I was at my local Disney store in the mall and I noticed they had the GNK droid marked down to $14.99. They had about 4 left. The other die-cast figures that were there about a month ago were gone now.
    One of my local stores said they took the other Elite figures off the floor and put them in the back because they weren't selling and the price hadn't been reduced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Trooper View Post
    I agree. If they're done, at least they went out on a high note with the droids.

Those droids sadly showed the full potential of this line again. Troopers and droids, with some occasionally human and alien characters would have been a bright future.

I did not bury my hopes yet, as I did before, and each time, they came back. Still, if May the 4th goes without any sign, that would be the clearest sign of its death yet.

So Disney did... nothing today? Thats a bit sad... it would have been easy to throw their fans something, but their online stores only mention May the 4th for some discounts on old stock. Thats a bit disappointing.

Very sad indeed. I have been a fan of all the trooper and droid releases from this line, heck even Chewie was well done. As a MIB collector this is the perfect line for me.

I understand there have been issues from openers, but I gave a bunch of TFA Elite figures away to a charity auction at my old job and the Mom who won them told me her kids LOVED them. So I assume only collectors who are openers had issues with this line? Regardless, I have never been disappointed in any of my purchases and honestly if this is the end I will probably start filling in the holes on ebay for ones I either didn't buy or missed. Outside of the original '70s-'80s releases (mostly due to childhood nostalgia) to me this is the definitive SW toy line out there.
    He's no good to me dead!

I'm hoping they will still do selective releases like the Anniversary Vader and a few key characters here and there rather than try to make figures tied to a particular movie. The Last Jedi Line didn't sell very well which isn't surprising; I think I only bought 3 of the releases from that film.

Droids and Troopers
    Droids and Troopers
    Droids and Troopers

One of the only human characters I have in the Elite Series is Bodhi Rook because of the lack of him in other formats.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Trooper View Post
    I'm hoping they will still do selective releases like the Anniversary Vader and a few key characters here and there rather than try to make figures tied to a particular movie. The Last Jedi Line didn't sell very well which isn't surprising; I think I only bought 3 of the releases from that film.
    TLJ didn't sell well in any form for a reason haha. So I hope Disney did not use that as their rationale to cancel the line. I know the Elite Vader ROTJ and Droids sold well overall. The older exclusives when initially released of Vader, Maul, Stormtrooper, Boba, Grievous all sold out instantly. So who knows what the logic was?

I agree with you, selective releases make sense and I believe will always sell out if related to OT or PT characters who are not human. I'm still holding out hope for Jango Fett, Snowtrooper OT, AT AT Driver or any Clone Commander someday. But I dream...
    He's no good to me dead!

picked up the Elite Series R2-D2 last night at my Disney Store for $9.99
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Page 234 of 235 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235 LastLast