Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifth Brother

I'm guessing he will be in a two pack with yet another Kanan.
    Also that Rex will be in a two pack with still another of the same Kanan figure.

I think he should be in a pack with the female Inquisitor

Quote Originally Posted by Kareth View Post
    Random question. Does anyone think season 2 will have a more realistic style or will we stay with cartoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obviously, they are going to stick with the animated styling. Have you not watched the season two trailer?

I love the animated style of the series, but I've always been a person who prefers animated films over live action anyway.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Obviously, they are going to stick with the animated styling. Have you not watched the season two trailer?

I love the animated style of the series, but I've always been a person who prefers animated films over live action anyway.
    I find that I too am prefering animated style especially with 5poa. The 5poa just seems to lend it self more to animated style in my mind for some reason.

I thought hasbro said they were going to stop animated style. Forget where I heard that. I know the show will be animated style

The Rebels figures will remain animated (we've already seen season 2 figure previews) - perhaps you're thinking of CW characters? All CW characters will be realistic, but the same is not true for Rebels (though they may release some over time).

Wishful thinking on my part! Must have confused tcw with rebels

Quote Originally Posted by deskvader1 View Post
    I find that I too am prefering animated style especially with 5poa. The 5poa just seems to lend it self more to animated style in my mind for some reason.
    I've loved the idea of animated styled Star Wars figures going all the way back to 1985, with the original Ewoks and Droids cartoon lines. And I agree about the style lending itself better to 5POA. The super-articulated Clone Wars figures never really captured my interest that much, but that could have just been because I was never a huge fan of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareth View Post
    I thought hasbro said they were going to stop animated style. Forget where I heard that. I know the show will be animated style
    Sounds made up. Like something that somebody fabricated themselves and posted on the internet in the hopes that it would somehow come true. Or someone twisted a comment from Hasbro to make it say what they wanted them to say. Unless you have a link to an actual quote from Hasbro, then I don't believe it.

I definitely would NOT be okay with the idea of them switching to a realistic styling for Rebels figures. I want the toys to reflect how they characters actually look in the TV show, not some Hasbro sculptor's interpretation of how they might like if they were live action. Plus, if they did that, then they'd have to go back and redo every figure from scratch. So intead of building on the figures we might already own, they'd just be offering those exact same figures up for sale yet again in a different form.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

I've loved the idea of animated styled Star Wars figures going all the way back to 1985, with the original Ewoks and Droids cartoon lines. And I agree about the style lending itself better to 5POA. The super-articulated Clone Wars figures never really captured my interest that much, but that could have just been because I was never a huge fan of the show.

Sounds made up. Like something that somebody fabricated themselves and posted on the internet in the hopes that it would somehow come true. Or someone twisted a comment from Hasbro to make it say what they wanted them to say. Unless you have a link to an actual quote from Hasbro, then I don't believe it.

I definitely would NOT be okay with the idea of them switching to a realistic styling for Rebels figures. I want the toys to reflect how they characters actually look in the TV show, not some Hasbro sculptor's interpretation of how they might like if they were live action. Plus, if they did that, then they'd have to go back and redo every figure from scratch. So intead of building on the figures we might already own, they'd just be offering those exact same figures up for sale yet again in a different form.
    agreed. I prefer the interpretation as seen on tv/movies. The whining about figires being realistic got almost as bad as the SA/5poa debate

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast