Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celebration Europe: Tips & Tricks

Everything we've purchased the stated price has included the VAT. Like a souvenir item priced at 5 was that much at the register - no additional taxes/charges.
    All Things R2
    The place for current finds and just about everything R2D2 related.
    www.AllThingsR2.com

Anyone have any idea how air-conditioned the Excel Centre is? I'm pretty bad with overheating, especially when I am in costume! I'd like to know if I should even bring the stuff I was hoping to cosplay as with me :/ Not worth it potentially getting battered on the trains in to then not wear it...
    'It was a silent trip. We all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but no one said a word.
    Not on the flight back to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi Temple. Not a word.'

On the first day at CE2 I quickly learned the prices of the food and drinks at the convention center were quite steep. So, the next day I er.... confiscated some buns from the hotel breakfast and bought drinks at a grocery store nearby. Much cheaper and this way I save money for what's much more important: to buy SW goodies
    Last edited by IncomT65; 07-13-2016 at 01:51 AM.

By the way, there will a substantial reward for anyone who finds any Pokemon Go players at Celebration. You are free to use any methods necessary but I want them alive, no disintegrations

hi all, I have checked with the London excel customer services and its free wi fi at the location you have to connect through your profile facebook to activate!

This is my first Celebration, what's the queuing for the main stage panels going to be like?

I know you can start queuing from 8pm tonight, but they don't start putting wristbands on until 6am.

If we turn up at 7/8am, have we got much chance of getting a wristband?

And how packed will the non-wristband stages be?

Is it busier on some days, quieter on others?

Also, are there any panels that are notoriously bad?

Edit: another thing, all the non-wristband stages seem to have queues too, so it doesn't seem like it'll be that easy to watch the streams of the big panels...
    Last edited by PongKrell; 07-14-2016 at 11:13 AM.

By far the coolest stand I went to was run by Nick maley. Amazing inspiring guy had a full on yoda animatronic and was such a great guy to talk to, so many stories from so many movies!

if your going Sunday you should go see him the guy is a legend!

For those who attended, how did the wristband thing work out? I'm afraid they're going to do this at next year's Celebration and I'm not sure I like the sound of lining up early in the morning to get a wristband for each major panel.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthWaller View Post
    For those who attended, how did the wristband thing work out? I'm afraid they're going to do this at next year's Celebration and I'm not sure I like the sound of lining up early in the morning to get a wristband for each major panel.
    Well the whole 'queuing begins at 8pm the day before the panel' thing was as expected a huge waste of time and i'm glad I didn't do it. Even for the biggest panels like Rogue One and Mark Hamill, wristbands didn't really sell out until 7-8am, and being earlier in the queue didn't give you any advantage or better seating at all. The writstband system does work, but needs a bit of tweaking to make supply/demand a bit more obvious so you don't get people showing up at 4am out of fear of missing out.

They should adopt some kind of lottery or something. You enter online and they pick X number at random and then communicate to the winners. Then you take your confirmation email to a pick up spot and get your entry bracelet. That would give folks that are traveling a fair shot.

So you didn't need to camp out the night before but anyone arriving Friday morning after 7-8AM were out of luck.

I dont attend tend the big panels so it doesn't really matter to me. But there should be a quick and easy way of handling things to avoid any real lines while also being fair to each and every attendee.
    All Things R2
    The place for current finds and just about everything R2D2 related.
    www.AllThingsR2.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123