Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Europe: Tips & Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by KyloDameron View Post
    Thank you! That was really helpful.
    There seems to be nothing official on the webpage about collecting tickets prior to the event or what to do on the day in terms of gaining access to panels etc.
    I work close to the Excel so I will pick up my tickets a day or so beforehand.
    The pick-up times are shown on the site:

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/e...ous-Schedule/#

I think i've read something about wristbands being handed out in the morning queue for certain events, but i can't remember where i read it..
    "If you're going to have to admit to carrying a hold-out blaster, carry two and admit to one."

My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1039041/

This was posted on the Jedi Council Forums about getting wristbands:

"FYI: This is how panels on the Celebration Stage will work (as of right now):

Step 1: In the morning, the queue hall will open to badged individuals. There will be chutes ("queues") for getting wristbands for each Celebration Stage panel. At some time early in the morning (6 am+), wristbands will start to be given out to people waiting in the chutes. Each person will get one wristband affixed to them (so no "i want one for my buddy" stuff, except for medical badge companions). Chute 1 wristbands will correspond to the 1st panel of the day at the Celebration stage. Chute 2 wristbands will correspond to the 2nd panel on the Celebration stage. After you get one wristband, you can get a second wristband for a different panel that day - but no more than two panel wristbands.

Step 2: Get in the Show Floor Queue in the Queue Hall. This is the line for people to wait in until they are admitted into the show floor. At 10 am, the show floor will open, and you can proceed.

Step 3: At some point in time, get in line at the Celebration Stage Queue. The Celebration Stage Queue is located on the Ground Floor (which is below Level 1 where the Registration Hall is located), across from the Celebration Stage. There will be separate chutes there for the different panels that day."

Floor plan is available here:
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/.../docs/SWC-Floor-Plan.pdf?v=636015113142977811

This is for the celebration stage panels/talks only, so i'm assuming for all others panels you just get in line
    Last edited by Mark_the_Wookiee; 07-05-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    "If you're going to have to admit to carrying a hold-out blaster, carry two and admit to one."

My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1039041/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_the_Wookiee View Post
    Registration basically means you go to the registration desk to pick-up your ticket, this is through entrance S5 on level 1.
    Pick-up times are:

Wednesday 8am - 5pm
    Thursday 8am - Sunday 4pm, so it's open 24 hours a day from Thursday morning

I don't know how to get the wristbands, i'm assuming they will only be for the big panels/talks on the ce;ebration stage
    We don't know the autograph fees yet, only the photoshoots...many assume the prices will be the same, but we'll just have to wait and see

Enjoy!!
    Yeah thanks for post this.
    So it opens at 10am but what time is the recommended arrival time before that to pick up tickets and such?
    We're traveling down that morning and I'm stating to wish we were stopping over the night before now.
    Closure for the EU - Release The Sword of the Jedi Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    So it opens at 10am but what time is the recommended arrival time before that to pick up tickets and such?
    We're traveling down that morning and I'm stating to wish we were stopping over the night before now.
    I know I'm wondering about the same thing. If wristbands are getting handed out at 6am then what time will people likely be arriving? 4am?! I don't know whether to give up on the idea of watching one of the main panels or just hope there's wristbands left at a more reasonable hour like 7/8am.
    Hotels in the nearby area are 400+ for the 3 days over Celebration :-/

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'm travelling up on the same day too... 7:30 train from Brighton, and hopefully 1hr 45mins later get to Excel.. Then... stand in the queue. I'm just praying that Excel have many lines open for the ticket collection/registration so people can get in quickly and make the most of the day(s) there. Not fussed myself on the panels & celebs.. just want to walk around and check out the stalls.

At Celebration Anaheim they started live-streaming (or close to it) most of the main events panels. This was extraordinary for many many reasons and I hope they continue doing this. I remember waiting in line for one panel and watching another while I waited. Brilliant!
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LandoInDisguise View Post
    Since Celebration went Europe-side this time around, I bought two tickets as soon as they became available, because I had heard about it, but decided it was time to experience it myself. Of course I've been reading about it online, but I have a hard time finding out what I am to expect exactly, so I was hoping some more experienced visitors could share their experiences. I'd hate to miss out on things, or come with the wrong expectations. I have tickets for all three days, is there enough to do for all three days? What are the things you shouldn't miss? I am with my brother who just tagged along for fun, and I don't want to put him through too much hardcore waiting lines and such.
    I collect vintage star wars myself, is there usually a large supply available? How many dealers in general, modern and vintage? What are prices like at celebration? Will it be extremely crowded, or is the venue large enough for everybody? Questions, questions, I really don't know where to start, so maybe people can just describe the way they like to spend their days at celebration and share some tricks and tips. It would really help me get properly prepared.
    I went to CE 1 in London in 2007, but only one day. The other days I spent sight seeing in London and hanging out with my buddy, who likes Star Wars, but not enough to spend three days walking at a SW con. One day of CE though, is way too short.

So, in 2013 I went to CE 2 in Essen and was accompanied by Thrawnlover, who flew in from Chicago. He's a Celebration veteran and this was his first European Celebration. It was great, really great. I remember us immediately racing towards the Hasbro booth for that Boba Fett/Han in Carbonite exclusive, which proved completely unnecessary. TL rightfully remarked the European people were apparently much more relaxed. I don't recall being bored for one second. I love taking photographs, I had a tattoo done on Sunday (took 3 hours ), attended a lot of panels, did some bounty hunting for art cards.... Yeah there's plenty to do during Celebration.

You could also spend a part of the Saturday at Celebration and then head out to London for some sight seeing, catch a movie, have a few drinks....

As for pricing on vintage items.... Not sure, haven't really paid attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by IncomT65 View Post
    I went to CE 1 in London in 2007, but only one day. The other days I spent sight seeing in London and hanging out with my buddy, who likes Star Wars, but not enough to spend three days walking at a SW con. One day of CE though, is way too short.

So, in 2013 I went to CE 2 in Essen and was accompanied by Thrawnlover, who flew in from Chicago. He's a Celebration veteran and this was his first European Celebration. It was great, really great. I remember us immediately racing towards the Hasbro booth for that Boba Fett/Han in Carbonite exclusive, which proved completely unnecessary. TL rightfully remarked the European people were apparently much more relaxed. I don't recall being bored for one second. I love taking photographs, I had a tattoo done on Sunday (took 3 hours ), attended a lot of panels, did some bounty hunting for art cards.... Yeah there's plenty to do during Celebration.

You could also spend a part of the Saturday at Celebration and then head out to London for some sight seeing, catch a movie, have a few drinks....

As for pricing on vintage items.... Not sure, haven't really paid attention to that.
    Where's that like button....

Stupid question from an American; is the VAT tax added to the cost of merchandise already or is it added at the register, also is it really 20%? I'm trying to prepare myself for the idea that 100 is going to ring up as 120. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrawnLover View Post
    Stupid question from an American; is the VAT tax added to the cost of merchandise already or is it added at the register, also is it really 20%? I'm trying to prepare myself for the idea that 100 is going to ring up as 120. Thanks for the info.
    I have the same question too...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast