Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration Europe: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Celebration Europe: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

With so many fans traveling from outside of Europe, it's inevitable that many will make this into a vacation. What are your plans before the show starts, after the show wraps each day and after the event is over?
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

This will be my 4th time in London. Trying to decide whether to do sightseeing before or after the con. In Anaheim we did the vacation prior to the con and I was a little run down before the con started so thinking about doing the sightseeing afterward this time.

Checking out the SW exhibition at Madamme Tussauds is a must. Buying an online cross promotional ticket for Madamme Tussauds and then something like the London Eye and London Dungeons can save a lot of money. It's also fairly easy to get discount codes for these things too.
    Lots of great free things to do:

Dinosaurs at The National History Museum
    The Science Museum
    The British Museum is pretty poor although The Rosetta Stone is worth seeing
    Covent Garden
    Camden Market
    House of Parliament and Visiting Buckingham Palace

and many other things to do but get vouchers!

Ripley's Believe it or Not
    Wembley or Arsenal :-) Stadium Tours
    Many West End Shows
    The film museum (which is currently James Bond)
    Last edited by Richard_H; 07-06-2015 at 11:21 AM.
    1 - 0 to the Arsenal!
    member of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast
    Used to be cc4rhu but changed to avoid "confusion for no reason."

High on the list for anyone has got to be Madame Tussauds new Star Wars exhibition https://www.madametussauds.com/London/ I haven't been myself yet but do plan to visit before then.

Also if you can afford the extra time in London and haven't had enough of crowds then London Film and Comic Con will be on the following weekend!!

Also been looking at the London Film and Comic Con for a couple of years now. Does the show generally fall around the same time every July? It was July 1-19 this year. It would be great if next years show fell near the time of Celebration. They have a fantastic line-up of guests. A lot of SW guests as well. Maybe an idea of some of the guests London will get next year (SW wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Navarr View Post
    Also been looking at the London Film and Comic Con for a couple of years now. Does the show generally fall around the same time every July? It was July 1-19 this year. It would be great if next years show fell near the time of Celebration. They have a fantastic line-up of guests. A lot of SW guests as well. Maybe an idea of some of the guests London will get next year (SW wise).
    Yes it usually falls on the weekend that CE is next year, in fact it was last weekend (I've just about recovered from it!). As CE is on that date obviously they don't want a clash, so next years LFCC is on the weekend of 23rd-24th July, they announced yesterday that next years will have a 3 full days Friday to Sunday as well as a preview evening on the Thursday. In the past the preview evening has been around 3-4 hours and tends to have a few of the weekend guests but not always the headliner guests.

This wont be good for me

Thanks for the info, I was looking last night to find next years date. I am seriously think of doing this show the next weekend after CE. Will need to clear it with the wife and stepdaughter. I'm sure they wont mind more time in London since I'm paying

Quote Originally Posted by Navarr View Post
    This wont be good for me

Thanks for the info, I was looking last night to find next years date. I am seriously think of doing this show the next weekend after CE. Will need to clear it with the wife and stepdaughter. I'm sure they wont mind more time in London since I'm paying
    It's funny as I go LFCC every year and I'm thinking that I may have to choose between the 2 on which to attend, and as CE has only been in London once before, then that has preference, then I see some of you guys coming over here are considering going to both!! If you want to meet Dave Prowse then he has more chance of being at LFCC than CE, so for some of you it might be worth it.

I'd recommend if you was staying longer to maybe see if you can rent an apartment for a couple of weeks, it's got to be cheaper then hotels in London for the same duration. At least have a look into it anyway as money saved on accommodation can get you more graphs and exclusives!!
    Last edited by GMan75; 07-24-2015 at 02:26 PM.

If they are aware of the cons then they may raise the rates on apartments. I am on a thread for DragonCon in Atlanta. Several people had rented houses/apartments and had them cancelled in the past few days and then the owners immediately relisted them at higher prices. Apparently they had just realized DC was in town that weekend. I just spent 10 days in Anaheim this past April for a combined vacation so am saving money for this as well. We were planning on staying on London anyway for a period before or after CE so now LFCC solidifies my schedule now.

We were in London last month. The Madame Tussaud's exhibit was pretty neat. It's not all that large and you have to go through the full "museum" to get to it. But it was cool and when we were there - oddly not crowded at all. We took minutes to pose with various figures and didn't have anyone waiting behind us. I would suggest buying tickets in advance. We didn't and waited about 45 minutes in the line/queue for walk up guests.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast