Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Celebration Europe: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Have an extra Harrod's booking for 10 am if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthJet View Post
    Have an extra Harrod's booking for 10 am if anyone is interested.
    Have an extra Harrod's booking for Thursday 10 am if anyone is interested. 7/14

I could really use that spot! I'll be there at 10am also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthJet View Post
    Have an extra Harrod's booking for Thursday 10 am if anyone is interested. 7/14
    I could really use that slot. Will be there at 10am.

I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross_C View Post
    I could really use that slot. Will be there at 10am.

pm sent to you. Sorry so late. Didn't realize I forgot to pm

Hey guys, I'm surprised how few people used this sub to talk about the convention. I figured I'd post what I felt about the whole experience here.

I should mention that I've been to 5 of the conventions and I traveled from the US. Overall I had an amazing time. I thought there was a ton to do and in several ways it was much better organized than many of the US celebrations. The biggest fear for me is always the show store because it can be a nightmare and a all day time sink. I loved the introduction of the lightspeed pass. I hope they use it in the American shows from now on. I loved knowing when I could walk into the store and it let me go get other exclusives. Inside the store I also thought it was well organized, there was a man passing out pins so people couldn't go nuts. And most importantly the staff that was using the registers to check us out seemed well educated on the products and knew what they were doing so it went quite fast. Total time waiting in line to get the lightspeed pass in the morning was about 15 minutes. Total time waiting in line to get in the store was 0. Total time waiting in line to check out was about 15 minutes.

The wristband experience was new for celebration even though SDCC and NYCC have been using it for awhile. I gotta say I liked it and here's why: I didn't have to waste an entire day and night waiting in line to see one panel. I'm getting old enough to where I don't want to sleep on the floor or throw away a day at the con to see one thing. Depending on the show I was able to wake up at around 5 and go in line, get the wristband at 6, maybe get a second wristband for a 2nd panel and a third wristband for the Kylo Ren, and walk back to my hotel and fall back asleep until 10 when the show opened. Yes the system is not perfect but it is better than what they have been doing.

The pin trading went much better than at Anaheim. There were way more employees that had pins to trade, and they had more available in the store so you could get them to purchase. They even set up an official trading time everyday so you could have access to employees with hard to find pins. I kind of liked the introduction of chase pins to make the whole thing feel like hunting for exclusives.

The con overall was gigantic, the space was gigantic, the crowds were gigantic, the displays were gigantic, the Rogue One panel was gigantic, the security presence was gigantic, the food selection was gigantic. My last Celebration was in Essen Germany and this made that look like a private gathering of friends. Speaking of food selection I thought they had great options to choose from and they were well priced.

I was at the panel last year where they showed the "Chewie We're Home" trailer. Nothing is going to beat the feeling of seeing Han Solo for the first time in 35 years, but the Rogue One panel was a very close second. Gwendoline Christie as the emcee was a gigantic surprise and she was so amazing at it. Also seeing Director Krennic with a squad of troopers was incredible. The whole cast being there was insane because a lot of them are famous outside of the Star Wars movies. This was the first convention where they showed a trailer meant only for convention-goers to see and that was a treat, I also loved the free poster. I hope people realize they don't have to do any of this for us, it has to take a lot of work and money to get all these stars together in the same room and I really appreciate it. At celebration 2 and 3 there was nothing even close to that, no celebrities from the prequels, no special posters.

I was able to get every exclusive and there were not hour long lines to get them. Most days you could walk up to the Hot wheels, Funko or other booths and get whatever you wanted. Maybe this was because people weren't as interested in them, but it was a nice change to the US shows. Its a shame Gentle Giant was not there, but they aren't putting out products like they used to. It was also a shame that Hasbro wasn't there but I dont think they've ever done an overseas con. I was also a little disappointed that Lego didn't have any exclusive. Perhaps they were disappointed at how many people abused the give-away at Anaheim. There were plenty of other great booths to check out though, especially the ILM total immersive experience.

I'd like to thank all the European people that were so friendly and all the Londoners that put up with a clunky American tourist for 3 days. You gave me a great positive experience that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I'm actually worried that if I visited London in the future without a Celebration it would not be as good of an experience.

-Sorry for the gigantic post-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234