Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Europe: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Bad news for anyone who was considering going to LFCC the week after CE, they have changed the dates, it's now being held on Thursday 28th - Sunday 31st July 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan75 View Post
    Bad news for anyone who was considering going to LFCC the week after CE, they have changed the dates, it's now being held on Thursday 28th - Sunday 31st July 2016.
    yeah, that was my plan... :-/

We went to London and Paris last summer and I'd highly recommend the SW exhibit at Madame Tussaud's that's mentioned above. Then typical sightseeing things like Tower of London (buy tickets in advance - avoid the lines and walk right in), Covent Garden is neat for shopping/dining, walking around Buckingham Palace and Parliament/Big Ben, touring Westminster Abbey (again, tickets in advance), Piccadilly Circus, etc. I also enjoyed seeing the Sherlock Holmes Museum (easy walk from Madame Tussaud's) as well as the Natural History Museum (beautiful building). Warning on Sherlock Holmes - bit pricey and basically just some period flat rooms with furnishings. Don't go expecting to see the Basil Rathbone set or something from the BBC series.

This time we're going to arrive on Sunday - spend a couple of days in London and visit many of those places again - then train over to Scotland for two days - then back to London on Thursday night and do SW for three days - then back to the states on Monday.

We stayed not far from Parliament and took the subway all over London. It's extremely easy to get around and there are stops near most of the major attractions. We even stumbled into a great little Italian place one night near Westminster and it's the first place we're going when we go back. Every day/night started out around Parliament and I probably took 100 pictures of Big Ben. Just can't get over all the amazing historical buildings and the eye popping architecture all around you. It is truly one of my favorite cities.
    Last edited by SoonerSean; 09-16-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    All Things R2
    The place for current finds and just about everything R2D2 related.
    www.AllThingsR2.com

Has to be some sort of cantina after party on the Friday!

There's an amazing pre-show gig happening the night before Celebration at London's O2 arena. Take a look at tge following.

Can’t wait for Star Wars Celebration? Why not get the party started early with this incredible gig the night before!

#Cantina will happen at the Brooklyn Bowl in London’s iconic O2 arena on Thursday 14th July 2016.

This very special gig in aid of The Alzheimer's Society, will transport you, musically, to a galaxy far, far away. This really is the essential place to be pre-Celebration!

Luther Ingo Star Cruiser (okay, this is a fake name, for now, for these secret headliners. But I urge you to read the bio under BANDS on the website!!!)

Darth Elvis & The Imperials

Blues Harvest

All playing one very special night on Thursday 14th July at The Brooklyn Bowl inside the O2 in London.

Kick off Celebration in style and hang loose with some of the coolest bands this side of the Galaxy!

Tickets on sale WEDNESDAY APRIL 13th.

More info and surprises to follow...

Don't be like Luke at the end of The Force Awakens...SPREAD THE WORD!!!

www.thisiscantina.com

Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Phantom_Jedi View Post
    There's an amazing pre-show gig happening the night before Celebration at London's O2 arena. Take a look at tge following.

Can’t wait for Star Wars Celebration? Why not get the party started early with this incredible gig the night before!

#Cantina will happen at the Brooklyn Bowl in London’s iconic O2 arena on Thursday 14th July 2016.

This very special gig in aid of The Alzheimer's Society, will transport you, musically, to a galaxy far, far away. This really is the essential place to be pre-Celebration!

Luther Ingo Star Cruiser (okay, this is a fake name, for now, for these secret headliners. But I urge you to read the bio under BANDS on the website!!!)

Darth Elvis & The Imperials

Blues Harvest

All playing one very special night on Thursday 14th July at The Brooklyn Bowl inside the O2 in London.

Kick off Celebration in style and hang loose with some of the coolest bands this side of the Galaxy!

Tickets on sale WEDNESDAY APRIL 13th.

More info and surprises to follow...

Don't be like Luke at the end of The Force Awakens...SPREAD THE WORD!!!

www.thisiscantina.com
    Even though I usually dislike concerts (I know what kind of a young adult am I?!) I do have my tickets for this! A Star Wars concert must be fun!

For all you guys visiting from around the world, I have another suggestion for before/afterwards.
    How about some of the filming locations?
    May be a bit of a drive though...
    You have PuzzleWood, which was the filing location of some of the Takadona scenes and on the way past, why not detor to greenham common in Newbury to see where they filmed the outside shots of the rebel base from TFA?
    If you have enough time (and a bit more money, I would look into Skelig island in Ireland too.)
    I did puzzlewood and it was pretty cool - they haven't really picked up on promoting it so its just a nice walk for normal people, but something really cool to those of us who know.
    If it helps, some Doctor who was filmed there too.
    Jon
    Last edited by uktrooper; 06-23-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Greenham is closed as they are converting it to storage. Skellig is all booked for the summer. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by uktrooper View Post
    For all you guys visiting from around the world, I have another suggestion for before/afterwards.
    How about some of the filming locations?
    May be a bit of a drive though...
    You have PuzzleWood, which was the filing location of some of the Takadona scenes and on the way past, why not detor to greenham common in Newbury to see where they filmed the outside shots of the rebel base from TFA?
    If you have enough time (and a bit more money, I would look into Skelig island in Ireland too.)
    I did puzzlewood and it was pretty cool - they haven't really picked up on promoting it so its just a nice walk for normal people, but something really cool to those of us who know.
    If it helps, some Doctor who was filmed there too.
    Jon
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Anyone using the underground (subway) visit the Canary Wharf station on the jubilee line which was seen in the chase sequence in the rogue one trailer.
    if you like museums visit the British museum by far the best, if you like war perhaps the imperial war museum (not that empire).

Also visit Camden market if you want to see a bit culture & shopping

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast