Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    IDK, the Barge was weak until the last days. And Unicron still has 9 of hem left. He has a big enough Fanbase that it just might pull through last minute.

If they both do fail, it might possibly tell them something...
    Unicron's got some time left but I honestly thought it would already have finished funding. Hopefully it gets a late rush and crosses the goal line. I was rooting for cookie monster just because of how big of ******s people were being about it.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I got tired of waiting for Pulse. BBTS has the Skiff in stock for a few bucks more, so I canceled my order with Pulse.
    Same here, a few weeks ago I cancelled both the Skiff and the guards' 3 pack. Ended up ordering them from Amazon and saved a few bucks in the process.
    Last edited by AaylaSecurasMan; 08-22-2019 at 10:27 PM.

One big reason why the Barge was successful was because they got a media blitz during their last days of funding. Many other reasons gave it a must-have factor. Will these items get a media blitz? Maybe Unicron will, but they need 8000 units. Even in my highest Transformers fandom moment, I couldn't see spending $575 on any item. I already had a Unicron that I think I picked up on clearance for $50-$60. (I hit TF fatigue many times and plan to sell 90% of the collection. I really only care about G1 Soundwave + tapes.)

I could see Unicron being more popular if he was never made before. I could also see it being successful just because I feel there is an incredible amount of fans for TF. I judge this based on how many 3rd party TFs are made. The supplemental 3rd party SW items pales in comparison. Making working TFs takes a lot more engineering design work than figures/set pieces unless they are straight clones.

Cookie Monster has a real demographics problem. I am unable to put myself in the shoes of a person who would want a life sized Cookie Monster. Maybe some select parents who think their kids are Cookie Monster fans? I'm sure most kids would love to spend that $300 in other ways. My mom once bought me dozens of Scooby Doo presents for xmas because she didn't know what else to get me and I had mentioned that Scooby Doo was cool at an amusement park. But I didn't want to own any Scooby Doo stuff. She was sweet, but it was a big miscommunication. That was the end of my prolonged childhood as I never got a toy for xmas again. I tried to promote Cookie Monster through my mom as she's a member of 6 doll/figure clubs. She didn't think anyone in her community would be interested.

So will Haslab go back to trying to do Star Wars if the above fail? I have seen some good ideas on here for Star War Haslab items. Most ideas would be easily successful if they were OT + TVC. I think further outside of this scope, there is more and more risk.
    Last edited by DeckOfficer; 08-22-2019 at 08:00 PM.

The sad part is Haslab was created as an outlet for ALL their brands to try and get products out there that would otherwise never get made. The barge was incredibly successful because there are a lot of diehard fans and collectors who have been dreaming about it since it was first teased all those years ago. They have had plans in place since right around the 30th Anniversary.

My fear with Haslab is if neither one of these projects get funded, they might just cancel the whole platform. Even if they did have another Star Wars project on deck, we might not even get to see it because they will assume the barge was just a fluke and nothing else will get funded.

I got a shipping notice for my skiff guards, but not the skiffs yet.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Uh, oh. Looks like they'll not have a ride in time for prom!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Got an email that my skiff guards and Relfector arrived, opened the door and there were also the skiffs! No email on those at all. Unfortunately it looks like an elephant sat on the box. Good thing I'm an opener when it comes to vehicles.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    Got an email that my skiff guards and Relfector arrived, opened the door and there were also the skiffs! No email on those at all. Unfortunately it looks like an elephant sat on the box. Good thing I'm an opener when it comes to vehicles.

yeah my skiff guards arrived in the same sat on condition a week or so ago. then on Friday my skiffs arrived beat up. I've ordered a figures from them one at a time, they all arrived in good condition. Was on the fence, but now i know i'm done ordering larger items, they clearly don't get it. Not surprised tho.

Man, their packing is the worse...never again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaSecurasMan View Post
    Same here, a few weeks ago I cancelled both the Skiff and the guards' 3 pack. Ended up ordering them from Amazon and saved a few bucks in the process.

Still no Skiff for me, even though they billed for both on the Holiday. Heck it's still listed as unfulfilled in my accounts page.

So I'll find out when it finally arrives, on the packaging situation.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast