Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: jonthejedi's mancave 2.0

jonthejedi's mancave 2.0

Post flood August, 2014...the new & improved pop culture mancave. I apologize for the poor quality of the digital photos...but hopefully you can enjoy the contents:

...I've cut back on 3.75 displayed & focusing now on 1/6th predominantly...75% Star Wars, but including other pop culture franchises I love.

...still more views to give you some idea:

You'll find both pop culture past & present(notice my tribute to iconic 80's heroes & anti-heroes:

...I made good use of the LED strip lights that Ikea sells. That shelf runs the length of 1 basement wall.

My rec room used to look like Ollie's(if you get the reference)...now I'm told it's museumy, which I take as a compliment.

...very economical setup; the cube organizers & end tables are Better Homes&Garden from WalMart; the mini-posters are from AllPosters.com & the vertical dust cases for the 1/6th figures are courtesy of Michael's.

Excellent! Very cool and variate collection!! I like the prints and autographs too!

But you need a better Stormie helmet
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Some final thoughts & images(sorry for the multiple posts, but couldn't upload them all at once). I am an only child who lost his Dad at age 10; met my wife indirectly(or directly?) because of Star Wars(I got into the video industry after seeing that movie in '77)...and we lost our special need child(who met George Lucas at Celebration III) at age 15 in 2011. This room is not just a narcotic release for me when stressed...it's a treasure trove of memories: from the 1st exposure I had to sci-fi/fantasy(watching Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea)...to watching Ray Harryhausen stop-motion classics on the floor with my son...to him giving guided tours when friends & family came to visit...to my mother taking me to see Planet of the Apes in 1968(and sitting stunned at the finale). It's all here, but mostly these characters are like old friends...so I invite you forumites, my new friends, over. Any questions or comments are appreciated...it's always a work in progress...like life itself.

You know it, Serg...your eagle eye on all things Imperial zeroed in on my old PVC Don Post stormie bucket. Shockingly...I'm still on disability leave following my spinal surgery last July; so I sold quite a bit of Hasbro to fund some of the newer pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Excellent! Very cool and variate collection!! I like the prints and autographs too!

But you need a better Stormie helmet

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast