Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: jonthejedi's mancave 2.0

I like the adjective museumy, it fits. I like the variety of stuff that you have mixed in, some great icons. But more importantly, it's stuff you like and has sentimental value to you. Well done.
    Its called a tan. I live on a lava planet.
    Iím very good at backflips. I believe I overshot my target. And Iím on fire.

Thank you...your words pretty much summed up my intent. -Jon(AKA jedisquared; AKA jonthejedi)
    Quote Originally Posted by smiles_hope View Post
    I like the adjective museumy, it fits. I like the variety of stuff that you have mixed in, some great icons. But more importantly, it's stuff you like and has sentimental value to you. Well done.
    Last edited by jedisquared; 05-23-2015 at 09:03 AM. Reason: sp.

The most important thing Jon is that you did your collection room as you liked it. Not as someone else told you it should look, but how you thought it is best. There are members on this board who don't like cheaper items combined with high end, or don't like non-SW stuff mixed with SW stuff. But we shouldn't care as long as our space is made after our preference (within the budget, space, or display constraints and limits). You have a great collection and I love it.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

I think it's perfect.
    Always looking for more Yodas in great condition no matter the completeness! Also Amanaman's staff!!!!

NEVER REPOS! NEVER!

Thanx, RediNight!
    Quote Originally Posted by RediNight View Post
    I think it's perfect.

Here are some more closeup SW shots I didn't have time to post at the beginning:

More SW, my Florida carbon-freeze experience & my tribute to a hands-on special-effects artizan who predates Berg & Tippett.

...and lastly: a show I loved(for the 1st five episodes) before discovering the Enterprise & Falcon, my SSC Classic Apes shelf, and my all-time favorite action/macho man...captured recently in 1/6th scale glory from Star Ace.

Very nice. How big is that Lost in Space ship? Does it open up and has interior details?
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

The Jupiter 2 is a toy Trendmasters made in 1998. They made product from the 1997 remake as well as this ship & characters from the classic Irwin Allen 60's TV show. It's about 12" in diameter ; has a removable top with a play environment inside(control seats, robot cradle & suspended animation chambers), retractable landing gear & various red LED lights & sound effects(it came out around the time Hasbro produced the electronic Tantive IV & star destroyers, I believe). It's the only Jupiter 2 toy ever produced, even though Johnny Lightning did some die cast vehicles & Sears had a track Space Chariot play set with styrofoam Jupiter 2. As a kid, I loved all the Irwin Allen shows: Lost In Space, Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel & Land of the Giants. They have a Star Wars connection in that John Williams did the themes & scored some episodes(except Voyage).

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast