Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo

I think it has more to do with the cost of doing business than just Hasbro.
    “What’s a Star War?”

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    So somewhere around $100-$120 for 8 figures?
    With Mission Series, it'd be $40 for 8 figures or $48 with the current Saga Legends pricing. That's a much more inviting entry level pricepoint than what we're currently seeing with the super-articulated lines.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    With Mission Series, it'd be $40 for 8 figures or $48 with the current Saga Legends pricing. That's a much more inviting entry level pricepoint than what we're currently seeing with the super-articulated lines.
    Exactly. SA as the only option would kill the movie figures. New fans aren't going to drop that kind of money.
    “What’s a Star War?”

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Your assuming a $5-6 Price in the US. I'm think the 5 POA TFA line will have an MSRP US Price of $7.99 to start (normal figures just like they are now, with no added accessories). Outside the US, a much higher starting price.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Your assuming a $5-6 Price in the US. I'm think the 5 POA TFA line will have an MSRP US Price of $7.99 to start (normal figures just like they are now, with no added accessories). Outside the US, a much higher starting price.
    Yeah, I'm kind of expecting a price hike across the board for TFA merchandise, but that's not a guarantee. Remember that prices actually went down in 2002 when Ep2 figures premiered, from $7 per figure to $5 per figure. Maybe Hasbro is considering something similar for TFA. Since they won't talk about their Fall 2015 plans, it's all speculation at this point.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Since the volume of figures will be much higher, a Price drop is actually possible. I guess it depends on how much the stores think they can make off These figures. Hasbro might have an MSRP like you mentioned, but the stores may try to go higher. They might do that with the Intention of having a number of sales later on anyway.

It would be nice to see some nice bigger accessories packed with the figures, but we'll have to wait and see if that happens.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    It would be nice to see some nice bigger accessories packed with the figures, but we'll have to wait and see if that happens.
    It sounds like they plan on doing something like that with the Armored assortment. It's probably a cheesy pack-in though.
    “What’s a Star War?”

After the most recent price increase on TBS, to $13. I seriously doubt they'll drop it just for the media tie-in. If anything, this is the "window" to raise SL price. Though at $7.99, I'll have even less incentive to buy them. $6 I can justify for a parts figure, that has a decent sculpt. But $8 is pushing it, for 5POA. IMO While some believe $13 is too much for TBS, I'm not outraged with it. It's a decent price for SA figures, as long as the paint apps and sculpt or good.

The reason i say this, is because I've always paid $1-2 more than everyone else(in the U.S.) anyways. In my area, I only had the local stores. Which charge higher prices for them. And if I couldn't find them here, I had to resort to ebay or online stores. Which again, charged more than retail. What truly makes it a tough swallow for the price now, is the constant rehashes. If they were new figures, or updates of figure's from Vintage or POTF. Than it wouldn't be so bad. But no, we have to endure updates of figures from two or three years ago... Who wants to pay $13 for a figure, that they just bought for $10 two seasons ago?

While some argue in favor, that 6" and 5POA are just the freshness the line needs. I can't help feel, that it leaves a large collecting base out in the cold.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast