Page 3 of 256 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Force Awakens - General Film Discussion Thread

While it was cool to see Han and Chewie again, I just hope that he can remember how to play the character. After all, it's been a very long time. And lately he seems to play the same type of characters in recent films.

Also, there are just a bit too many homage nods. Almost like they're forcing the issue.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by John_Solo View Post
    Flashback Luke.
    Aww yes. Perhaps it is the flashback of Luke's farewell to Artoo, before he goes into hiding.
    Half Man, Half Delorean

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Also, there are just a bit too many homage nods. Almost like they're forcing the issue.
    Almost as with Star Trek: The Wrath of... no wait, Into Darkness? From that director, huh, what was his name again...

Then again, so far I liked the "homages" in SW. I wouldn't even call them homage, since this is a sequel, and we would expect things from the past popping up. And what I have seen so far feels natural enough: two star destroyers crashed, stormtroopers in a newer outfit, TIEs... Let's wait how the whole movie plays out, there's not enough material yet to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    I've gone through and screen captured all the scenes from the trailer:

Nice picture of Ahsoka Tano graciously kneeling and handing Anakin's old lightsaber to Leia. I wonder how she managed to track it down. Perhaps it bonked an Ugnaught on the head at the bottom of the Bespin shaft? Maybe she was there, keeping tabs on her old master? Or maybe it called out to her from across the galaxy? Fitting of a Jedi to return a lightsaber to its rightful owners.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarv View Post
    Nice picture of Ahsoka Tano graciously kneeling and handing Anakin's old lightsaber to Leia. I wonder how she managed to track it down. Perhaps it bonked an Ugnaught on the head at the bottom of the Bespin shaft? Maybe she was there, keeping tabs on her old master? Or maybe it called out to her from across the galaxy? Fitting of a Jedi to return a lightsaber to its rightful owners.
    Isn't the idea that this is Ahsoka just speculation? I don't really put a lot of credence into rumor sites, but it would be interesting to see them actually tie Ahsoka's character into the Sequel Trilogy. That would help justify her existence in Clone Wars, but wouldn't she be pretty old by the time of Ep7?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Well she is in Rebels...
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

I'm pretty sure it's not Ahsoka.
    From spoilers I've read, it's a little alien "puppet" named Rose.(voiced by Lupita Nyongo)
    Ahsoka is not in TFA. But maybe one day she'll be in some live-action movie whether it be a future movie Episode, or a spin-off. I love Ahsoka. I hope she'll one day find her way to the big screen.
    Half Man, Half Delorean

I REALLY hope not. That is one objectionable character that really needed to die in TCW, but hopefully Vader will get the job done in Rebels.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Isn't the idea that this is Ahsoka just speculation? I don't really put a lot of credence into rumor sites, but it would be interesting to see them actually tie Ahsoka's character into the Sequel Trilogy. That would help justify her existence in Clone Wars, but wouldn't she be pretty old by the time of Ep7?
    I really don't understand why people think this is Ashoka. You can *see* the face, there is a weird pointy chin and giant black eyes. It looks absolutely nothing like Ashoka at all. Ashoka has a human face (in weird colors) and has those tail things coming down like long hair that would be in this shot.

Page 3 of 256 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast