Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Anaheim: Tattoo Pavilion

Celebration Anaheim: Tattoo Pavilion

Marc Draven and our very own Shane Turgeon are bringing the Tattoo Pavilion back to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim. Anyone planning to partake?
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Wish I could. Most of the artists haven't been answering messages at all. There's been a lot of talk about this on Facebook. People are pretty frustrated and rightfully so. It's really unprofessional.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

I was thinking about it but all the artists that I might have been interested in are all full for the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by my_kind_of_scum View Post
    Wish I could. Most of the artists haven't been answering messages at all. There's been a lot of talk about this on Facebook. People are pretty frustrated and rightfully so. It's really unprofessional.
    @my_kind_of_scum, would you be so kind as to point out where on Facebook this is being discussed?

To the best of my knowledge, most of the artists are communicating to the requests their getting but there may be a problem with the requests getting through from the official Celebration site. There have been a number of technical issues with the tattoo pavilion portion of the site since it went live and numerous attempts on our end to have it corrected by those in power hasn't been happening.

I would suggest tracking down the artist you might be interested in on Facebook and contacting them directly through there.

Do note that some of them are booked up already.
    Last edited by Shane Turgeon; 03-25-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    Shane Turgeon
    Author: The Force in the Flesh
    www.theforceintheflesh.com
    www.tattoosandtoys.com

Going to get a huge tattoo of Jar Jar on my back.
    Lego ISD "Avenger"
    "Don't under estimate the power of the Dark Side"

It was in the Star Wars Celebration unofficial discussion group on Facebook - I'll see if I can dig up some of the discussion threads and PM you links. My personal contact attempts were mostly made through the official site. Many of the people were contacting the artists directly through facebook, though, and still not receiving replies.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, BD-3000 "Betty droid".
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

I had Needles do a piece for me at CVI and already have him booked for another in Anaheim. I know he still has a few spots open but he is booking up quickly too... You can reach him at darthneedles@yahoo.com if you are interested...

I finally booked my spot this past Monday! This will be my first tattoo and I am pretty excited about it!

The first two artists I contacted (both through email and facebook/twitter) took a long while to reply back to me (one was over a week), I think the issue was working other conventions and life which is very understandable to me.

The third artists that I contacted (through email again) got back to me that same day (within an hour actually!) and that is who I have appointment with now.
    Last edited by spectrumofpain; 03-26-2015 at 11:20 AM.

The only advice I could give is, now that a big part of the schedule is out try to book your slot where it doesn't over lap any panels or shows you are interested in... At CVI my tattoo ended up taking 5 hours so plan your slot wisely!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrumofpain View Post
    I finally booked my spot this past Monday! This will be my first tattoo and I am pretty excited about it!

The first two artists I contacted (both through email and facebook/twitter) took a long while to reply back to me (one was over a week), I think the issue was working other conventions and life which is very understandable to me.

The third artists that I contacted (through email again) got back to me that same day (within an hour actually!) and that is who I have appointment with now.

I will have 25 (per day) of these pins to give out at my booth in the Tattoo Pavilion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast