Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gentle Giant Jumbo Villians 3 pack

I would buy this when and if they "clearance" it at AFX for $120 or less, just like the last one.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

I think this was a missed opportunity for GG to have 'fixed' Vader's scale. I'm sure a lot more of these would have sold if we were given a new and correctly scaled Vader. And instead of giving us the Death Squad Commander again, how about an Imperial Commander or even an AT-AT Commander.....making this set an 'exclusive' way of getting one of these "new" figures? Personally I don't see the need to remain faithful to the actual vintage three pack variations that existed....but instead use them as a means to give the fans something MORE!

There's gotta be a contingent like me out there that's notably excited about this release? Right?

I haven't been able to get into this line because by the time I thought maybe I'd pay 70 bucks a figure, all my favorite figures climbed too high in price.

I thought I'd have the last laugh with the appearance of the 6-inch vintage Boba Fett, because I thought that meant a 6-inch version of this line was inevitable---and, soon! Heck, I insist on displaying loose and dislike too large a scale figure anyway (8-inch is the height limit for me), so, at 6-inches, these figures would not only be cheaper, I could feel less guilty trashing their packaging.

But, it looks like 6-inch Jumbos ain't gonna happen any time soon, if at all.

So, even though these 12-inch scale Jumbo figs are a bit too pricey for me, and, frankly too large for what I usually take into my collection, I really want large scale vintage figures to display---probably at least about 30 characters, most of which have already been released.

To think this 3-pack is coming out---it makes me think I can grab one for $130 new from the right vendor---but I'd pay a bit more just to have 3 of the original 12 vintage figures to display in jumbo size.

I'm a big "original 12" lover when it comes to vintage, and those are my most desired Jumbos----so, that would leave 9 more figures for me to track down. And, if they can eek out one more like it---then it's down to only SIX!

This news gives me a lot of hope.
    Last edited by BosskHasManners; 04-10-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Daigo-Bah had it right. Eventually some vendor will have it marked down. I got the Droids 3 pack for $120 from Action Figure Express as well.

I wouldn't mind collecting these, except they take up so much room. I have one - the Rocket Firing Boba Fett.

I'd like to see some of my favorite POTF figures releases. A jumbo sized Amanaman would be awesome!
    WTB: Star Wars and ESB foreign 12" in original boxes & Foreign Trading Cards/Stickers
    Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by BosskHasManners View Post
    There's gotta be a contingent like me out there that's notably excited about this release? Right?

I haven't been able to get into this line because by the time I thought maybe I'd pay 70 bucks a figure, all my favorite figures climbed too high in price.

I thought I'd have the last laugh with the appearance of the 6-inch vintage Boba Fett, because I thought that meant a 6-inch version of this line was inevitable---and, soon! Heck, I insist on displaying loose and dislike too large a scale figure anyway (8-inch is the height limit for me), so, at 6-inches, these figures would not only be cheaper, I could feel less guilty trashing their packaging.

But, it looks like 6-inch Jumbos ain't gonna happen any time soon, if at all.

So, even though these 12-inch scale Jumbo figs are a bit too pricey for me, and, frankly too large for what I usually take into my collection, I really want large scale vintage figures to display---probably at least about 30 characters, most of which have already been released.

To think this 3-pack is coming out---it makes me think I can grab one for $130 new from the right vendor---but I'd pay a bit more just to have 3 of the original 12 vintage figures to display in jumbo size.

I'm a big "original 12" lover when it comes to vintage, and those are my most desired Jumbos----so, that would leave 9 more figures for me to track down. And, if they can eek out one more like it---then it's down to only SIX!

This news gives me a lot of hope.
    I think... this is a great line to collect, all you have to do is be patient. I do this, after learning by experience-

1- I buy the ones I like and those are the ones i gather data on.

2- I start compiling auctions on ebay on the ones I like.

3- once I have enough data to make valid average, I calculate if the price on the secondary market is rising, and I use ebay auctions for that.

If the prices are dropping in auctions on ebay, 90% of the time, the jumbo figure will be dropping even more over time, whether by dealers or ebay auctions.

4- if prices are rising on ebay, its a sure but again 90% of the time, that this jumbo figure is popular and prices will continue to grind higher.

By doing this, I have gotten some great bargains on Jumbos that went for 40-50% less their original retail and on the flip side, when I wanted some that were higher priced, I learned why and then was able to make a purchase that was with a fair market price.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth_My_Fav View Post
    I think... this is a great line to collect, all you have to do is be patient. I do this, after learning by experience-

3- once I have enough data to make valid average, I calculate if the price on the secondary market is rising, and I use ebay auctions for that.

If the prices are dropping in auctions on ebay, 90% of the time, the jumbo figure will be dropping even more over time, whether by dealers or ebay auctions.

4- if prices are rising on ebay, its a sure but again 90% of the time, that this jumbo figure is popular and prices will continue to grind higher.

By doing this, I have gotten some great bargains on Jumbos that went for 40-50% less their original retail and on the flip side, when I wanted some that were higher priced, I learned why and then was able to make a purchase that was with a fair market price.

That is a good idea. But the real problems are the Jumbo figures. You can almost find something wrong with every single one released so far. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMickeyMoose View Post
    That is a good idea. But the real problems are the Jumbo figures. You can almost find something wrong with every single one released so far. It's a shame.
    Well, I know that folks have issues with the production issues. As an example we could talk about the cape on the Sand People figure. Yet, despite this issue with the color of the cape, this sucker still commands a premium on the secondary market which I find very intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth_My_Fav View Post

Thanks for the advice and the encouragement. I've been really chomping at the bit over these things...

Was at Anaheim this past weekend... swung a deal for all 6 Bounty Hunters at $70 piece---funny how that worked out, as that's the total I've been imagining these begin at (although its maybe closer to $60, but I've been thinking $70 for the longest time).

Of course the figure that made the Anaheim 6 figure deal make any sense at all was the RF Boba inclusion.

Anyways---ripped 'em open, kept the backers to putty onto the wall, and lined those 6 suckers up!

So, regardless of any financial questionability---I'M IN! (That's worth the $ right there!)

The hunt begins!
    Last edited by BosskHasManners; 04-20-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Nice. This may be a good way for me to get a Vader.

I don't really care about the other two, but the asking price for the three pack is about the same as what the single carded Vader is going for these days!

I'll be keeping my eye out for a deal...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast