Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gentle Giant Jumbo Villians 3 pack

Quote Originally Posted by TheLobot View Post
    Pretty decently lame. Should have been Vader, the Emperor, and an Imperial Dignitary
    I'd interested in seeing GG do a jumbo version of one of the unproduced ROTJ 3-pack special offer sets.

Rebel Set: Ackbar, Leia Boushh, Chief Chirpa
    Imperial Set: Biker Scout, Royal Guard, Bib Fortuna

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1057063/

This villain set is a pass for me; I might be tempted if they ever do the Android set.

Quote Originally Posted by wookncrook View Post
    I think it's a decent way to get Vader and the stormtrooper out there again at a decent price for those like me who were late to the Jumbo Vintage party.
    That would be me too. Vader was the one high priced figure I needed to track down. Now I can get him for less and with 2 additional figures. I already have the Crazy Toys Stormtrooper KO but I won't mind having the official GG version.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMickeyMoose View Post
    The first one sold horrible and went on sale Just months later at GG. Then it was dumped for even cheaper at EE and other sites. And they think another 3 pack is a good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Seriously;why? Why would they make another one of these sets? Wasn't the last one on clearance pretty much everywhere?
    The last set wasn't comprised of popular characters. I suspect that this is an attempt to get more people collecting the line. Giving people another shot at getting Darth Vader and Stormtrooper is a good way to draw in new collectors. If this set does well maybe they might release the Han, Leia, Obi Wan pack and the C3-PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca pack. Then they could release a single carded brown hair farmboy Luke. I think that would go a long way to get some new costumers. I know, I'm just dreaming. But a man can dream, can't he?

I don't think re-releasing characters is a good strategy for success in this line.

If the figures were priced at $19.99 or below it would make sense.

-Snags
    "I've got a bad feeling about this."

i think thats what they are attempting to do, do some 3 packs that have a popular mix of characters. I personally am not fond of this one they are offering. but if they started doing them with Hoth figures, even tho I already have some Hoth Jumbos, I would buy them again!

Really stupid of them offering this extremely overpriced 3-pack when the first one didn't sell well at all. The only reason they should ever offer one of these is if there was an opportunity for a repaint/variant of some kind to include in it. Perfect example: a Heroes 3-pack with a BROWN haired Farmboy Luke.
    Shabby Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMickeyMoose View Post
    The first one sold horrible and went on sale Just months later at GG. Then it was dumped for even cheaper at EE and other sites. And they think another 3 pack is a good idea?
    Yeah, I jumped on the first Jumbo 3 pack at 120 from Amazon last year. This one is a lot better seeing that 3 imperials in it.

You would think that if there was a one yr lead time on preorders they could produce closer to what actual demand is and not worry about prices dropping after actual release of figures.

The creature 3 pack would really interest me.
    Although I do own Greedo, it'd be good to have Hammerhead and Walrusman made available again.

After looking at this Imperial 3 Pack I had half expected Darth Vader to be remade at the correct height.
    They seem to have dug their heels in re: Stormtrooper brow trim.

No changes there.
    That paint app is still too thin.

Bring on the creatures, please GGLTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Lentz View Post
    This villain set is a pass for me; I might be tempted if they ever do the Android set.
    Is the Android Set: SAND PEOPLE, BOBA FETT + RED SNAGGLETOOTH, Kevin?

I just did a Google image search, and it's headed as another Villain Set.
    Any clarification would be good - I'm a novice when it comes to triple packs.
    Thanks.

For reference:

Complete Set of Three Packs

The "Android Set" is C3PO, R2D2, and um.... Chewbacca. Apparently Chewbacca is an android.
    Shabby Blue

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast