Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271
Results 2,701 to 2,708 of 2708

Thread: Micro Machines (2015+)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJediWanderer View Post
    What statistics is that based on though? I mean where are the numbers, and market research that prove people wouldn't buy figure packs.

I saw plenty of excitement on this forum and other places for the figures, and the prices some of the figures go for is incredible (Naboo security for one)

I reckon if Hasbro brought out good packs of figures, like say a pack of 9 Jedi masters in different poses (and they were well sculpted and painted, which is way easier in this digital print age). They would sell like hot cakes.

Last time hasbro brought out figure packs, they did Gungans and Battle droids, and then the rare limited released of Naboo guards.

So between the 90s and now I would say there isn't much else to go by.

PS this is an arguement for figure packs and not against you as to be honest the thoughts of the possibilities of what they could release - excites me too. Just look at the figures Micromachines guy is making on Facebook for an example of how amazing it could be. His Solo figures he just made are immense!
    You'll be hard pressed to find stats, lol - Hasbro doesn't release that type of sales data. You can probably dig up the Q&A sessions over the last several years if you're interested in a confirmation. Unfortunately, you'll also see how they said the entire MM line has underperformed at retail. That's why I'm not convinced it will be returning for the SW brand. The last time they did figure packs was for TPM as you mentioned...that was 20 years ago. I do remember those Gungan & Battle Droid sets on the pegs, and I also remember them being 99 cents on clearance. I think if solid figure sets were viable, they would have returned for TFA. As I've said though, I'm all for the line returning and expanding - doing separate figure and vehicle packs is fine by me, but Hasbro will have to judge whether they'll sell sufficiently.

I'd agree with figure packs - especially as they're essentially statutes, I can't see them doing well at retail, especially with parents purchasing for their kids.

What I'm curious about is the licensing arrangement. Sounds like Hasbro is licensing the brand to this other company, I'd wonder how the SW license would be structured - Hasbro might not even be able to sub-license to this other company. So it may be that the legalities would prevent the new company making SW Micro's anyway, regardless of interest.
    And when he gets to heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

We should have read the press release in detail - its not Hasbro bringing them back, its another company. Hasbro owns what was once Galoob, and their respective trademarks and brands - but a license from Disney / LFL would be needed for another company to produce SW MM (or micros based on another media franchise). That's a critical detail that's been glossed over. The license to produce in every case that I'm aware comes from Disney / LFL directly and isn't sub-licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to find stats, lol - Hasbro doesn't release that type of sales data. You can probably dig up the Q&A sessions over the last several years if you're interested in a confirmation. Unfortunately, you'll also see how they said the entire MM line has underperformed at retail. That's why I'm not convinced it will be returning for the SW brand. The last time they did figure packs was for TPM as you mentioned...that was 20 years ago. I do remember those Gungan & Battle Droid sets on the pegs, and I also remember them being 99 cents on clearance. I think if solid figure sets were viable, they would have returned for TFA. As I've said though, I'm all for the line returning and expanding - doing separate figure and vehicle packs is fine by me, but Hasbro will have to judge whether they'll sell sufficiently.
    True haha, but it's the stats that make the reality. Whenever I see these press releases from Hasbro saying people just don't want this, I am like "says who". As underperformance of sales just means that the offering given didn't perform. Like playsets from TFA, a representative from Hasbro could just say "Playsets don't sell". Whereas as many people on this forum (I think including yourself) have pointed out, those sets were weak on features, and had only 1 figure and 1 vehicle. Yet had a high price point. Distribution can also play a major factor - when they hit the shelves, where they hit the shelves etc.

But yeh I am hopeful, but won't hold my breath about them making a return next year. But I do think they will ultimately surface again at some time. And same, I saw those gungans and droids in the 1 shop back in like 2000. But going even further back, when I was a kid - I recall looking everywhere for the Ewok and stormtrooper packs, but all I could find was Jawas, Sand people, rebel pilots with blasters, tie pilots with blasters. All of which were actually pretty poor sets when you think about it, as none of those last 4 sets would recreate armies from the movies. Meanwhile the stormtroopers and ewoks which would have, were harder to find (for me at least)

I don't think there is any data Hasbro could have that would allow them insights on what would sell. As if there were, the data would have lead to the sales they wanted the last time around.

Like did a Hasbro internal guideline state "Playsets with zero features, 1 figure and high price point will make us a fortune" XD for me that shows that they don't have the right people on the decision making.

Realistically a pack with 9 first order troopers, then those snowspeeders (which we did get), some blind bag specials like a heavy gunner, Speederbikes and other army building things that micro machines already does at the same scale, with some cool trench playset - coupled with an advertisement of a kid going, "Bringing the army together to fight the resistance" That would have been fire.

Then same, the resistance speeder, a 9 pack of resistance troopers, some blind bag specials. etc etc, things that bolt together, like you are using your own efforts to assemble a cool scene. That is connecting to human nature. (It's why the build a figure parts work so well for Marvel Legends)

For the OG trilogy, and Prequel trilogy... it's going to appeal to long term fans, but for the majority it could need a reason for it to stick... so why not put together Battlefront video game relevant packs. Vehicles and then figures of each class from the game, (or close approximates possible from the existing license) - Again that would be fire for anyone that plays/played the game (making a recent connection for those that might not have watched the older movies recently)

They could also target table top gamers. I have sold some of my doubles on Ebay and quite a few sold to people who use them for gaming as a cheaper alternative to the true Star wars gaming ships. (This is a massive opportunity for Hasbro that has been missed)

Instead the packs that were released - were good for us collectors to fill gaps of ships/vehicles/creatures we didn't have. But for a new collector there wasn't much in the way of assembling bundles of coherant armies/fleets.

Like an invisible hand, without a lucrehulk, without a republic star destroyer etc to make a fleet scene etc etc just leaves an odd invisible hand that is only good for collectors.

Same for the bundling (which has already been mentioned on this thread) analysing it, it wasn't keyed for army building. Like there is a super star destroyer, tie bomber and then millenium falcon pack. Why couldn't the millenium falcon have been a Tie fighter. Same... Two First order tie fighters and a millenium falcon... so anyone army building ends up with multiple useless millenium falcons. I believe they were trying to make self contained sets. But 1 set wouldn't realistically be enough to play properly anyway. So they concept is akin to packaging all Storm trooper 3.75" figures with a Hansolo... so everyone can atleast have him to battle their stormtrooper. But if anyone wants multiple storm troopers and don't want hansolo... then oh weeelll xD

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Windu_au View Post
    I'd agree with figure packs - especially as they're essentially statutes, I can't see them doing well at retail, especially with parents purchasing for their kids.
    But you say figure packs wouldn't do well at retail, especially because they are essentially statues. But tell that to Jada with their nano metal figures... I went into Asda/Walmart some time ago and the display (which was huge) for those toys was stripped bare, it had nearly sold out.

Hasbro actually already sold something called Star Wars micro force, Gi Joe Micro force etc, which are dumb little statues, so it's sad that they chose to launch lines such as those instead of refine and stabilise the Micro machines brand.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJediWanderer View Post
    What statistics is that based on though? I mean where are the numbers, and market research that prove people wouldn't buy figure packs.

I saw plenty of excitement on this forum and other places for the figures, and the prices some of the figures go for is incredible (Naboo security for one)

I reckon if Hasbro brought out good packs of figures, like say a pack of 9 Jedi masters in different poses (and they were well sculpted and painted, which is way easier in this digital print age). They would sell like hot cakes.

PS this is an arguement for figure packs and not against you as to be honest the thoughts of the possibilities of what they could release - excites me too. Just look at the figures Micromachines guy is making on Facebook for an example of how amazing it could be. His Solo figures he just made are immense!
    I'd love to see a set of Jedi Masters from Episode I-III that would be awesome.... I'd even go for a miniature version of the Hasbro Jedi Council Chambers set as an MM playset. I'd love to see a re-release of some of the HTF MM Star Wars sets like the Naboo Guards (the only 1 I'm missing as well as the 3 Epic Collections sets that are HTF)

Micromachines guy is making just awesome stuff... I'm contacting him soon as I want to get a Solo set as well as some of the figures he's made for Clone Wars, and I'd be curious if he could make a TFA Luke Skywalker figure as well.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

We're likely to see just little packs of plastic micro ships that are out of scale with each other as usual, nothing spectacular. Hot Wheels will hopefully continue with it's successful die cast SW ships as a separate thing they seem to do well so far.

Otherwise I think the whole micro thing needs rethinking, and figures need context to sell. Like why did we buy them in the first place? To fit in our ships?
    I liked the original Galoob Battlepacks because they usually had some little speeder, beast, or escape pod in with the figures. The set with Jabba and friends I bought to fit in my Action Fleet sail barge (I was one of the lucky ones to find one)

I think that if Hasbro really wanted to expand the Star Wars universe they would start making figures and especially highly detailed ships to go with them in micro machine Action Fleet size for small ships and fighters and larger for others. Instead of going bigger with 6 inch figures or even trying to make ships which are very large for 3.75 figures they could go the opposite way and make say a Naboo Cruiser or Gunship in scale with micro figures and more figures you could buy later. Except for capital ships the whole line could be redone with figures and ships and we start all over again with more realistic approach but smaller. Who is the targeted buyer?... why it's kids, but importantly it's adults. There would be less articulation, but you could buy them sitting standing or fighting. You could make a whole Geonosis arena more in scale and buy the figures, beasts etc. later. Same with the Falcon or anything else. Make a whole section of Mom Isley spaceport/ city with cantina, figures etc...

Anyways... that's my Action Fleet pipe dream.

Hope to see more SW Micro Machines next year.

After reading the last few posts on microfigures I did not realize that TPM only had three microfigure paks!! That's crazy.

Gungans
    Battle Droids
    Naboo Security

Galoob had around 14 different microfigure paks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I'd love to see a set of Jedi Masters from Episode I-III that would be awesome.... I'd even go for a miniature version of the Hasbro Jedi Council Chambers set as an MM playset. I'd love to see a re-release of some of the HTF MM Star Wars sets like the Naboo Guards (the only 1 I'm missing as well as the 3 Epic Collections sets that are HTF)

Micromachines guy is making just awesome stuff... I'm contacting him soon as I want to get a Solo set as well as some of the figures he's made for Clone Wars, and I'd be curious if he could make a TFA Luke Skywalker figure as well.

I'd definitely love that and infact they could probably do a few sets of Jedi and of clones (blue, red, arc troopers etc) sell them quite well as Jedis and clones are fan favourites.

And yes the last 3 epic collections is really annoying... I have the image of them in a folder titled "probably never get" xD other hard to get ones are the regular beige droid fighter ( I hadn't realised that was even in the galactic dogfight set as an exclusive) And then the holographic Naboo ship. Although the latter two aren't anywhere near as rare as the epics.

Yes, he used to have a shop, it would be cool if he started releasing them again. Maybe selling some of his older stuff so his newer stuff can still be the draw in for his channel

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th View Post
    We're likely to see just little packs of plastic micro ships that are out of scale with each other as usual, nothing spectacular. Hot Wheels will hopefully continue with it's successful die cast SW ships as a separate thing they seem to do well so far.

Otherwise I think the whole micro thing needs rethinking, and figures need context to sell. Like why did we buy them in the first place? To fit in our ships?
    I liked the original Galoob Battlepacks because they usually had some little speeder, beast, or escape pod in with the figures. The set with Jabba and friends I bought to fit in my Action Fleet sail barge (I was one of the lucky ones to find one)

I think that if Hasbro really wanted to expand the Star Wars universe they would start making figures and especially highly detailed ships to go with them in micro machine Action Fleet size for small ships and fighters and larger for others. Instead of going bigger with 6 inch figures or even trying to make ships which are very large for 3.75 figures they could go the opposite way and make say a Naboo Cruiser or Gunship in scale with micro figures and more figures you could buy later. Except for capital ships the whole line could be redone with figures and ships and we start all over again with more realistic approach but smaller. Who is the targeted buyer?... why it's kids, but importantly it's adults. There would be less articulation, but you could buy them sitting standing or fighting. You could make a whole Geonosis arena more in scale and buy the figures, beasts etc. later. Same with the Falcon or anything else. Make a whole section of Mom Isley spaceport/ city with cantina, figures etc...

Anyways... that's my Action Fleet pipe dream. [IMG]file:///CUsers\Geo\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_ image001.gif[/IMG]
    You're totally right, I am so used to them being released that way that I didn't really think about the combination of the figures to the ships. I guess Galoob did a lot in the way of playsets, which did kind of bridge the gap between them. Like the cloud city with the figures inside and the twin pod cloud car on the landing platform.

I hope they stick to that format though, the bigger stuff would excite me... but I just wouldn't have the room to store it xD Just started recollecting Action fleet to finish my original collection from the 90s and that's already taking up a lot of room.

But you totally have the concept that would sell! It's same as I said above for the Force awakens packs. You could have a Genosis themed pack of mini vehicles

(clone on barc speeder, SPHA walker, acclamator destroyer)

then

(geonosian on beast, geonosian starfighter, Geonosian cannon - with figure attached)

Then some well sculpted figure packs for each faction

Then put reek, acklay etc into blind bags, and other cool stuff that can add to those main packs

Then have some kind of playset that would infold to make a part of the arena, with loose pieces like the columns that can be spread out to extend the playset area

Stuff like that should be familiar for people who play/played battlefront 2 - extending the potential customers

And I am jealous of your action fleet sail barge.. neeed xD I saw one on Ebay years ago at a good price, but was hessitant to start collecting again. So kind of regret that decision.

I do like all those ideas... but the money, think of the money hahaha I wouldn't want to start from scratch, that would kill my bank account, and these existing collections (hot wheels, micro machines, action fleet, 3:75" ) are already bad enough for making my pockets bleed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jedi_ View Post
    Hope to see more SW Micro Machines next year.

After reading the last few posts on microfigures I did not realize that TPM only had three microfigure paks!! That's crazy.

Gungans
    Battle Droids
    Naboo Security

Galoob had around 14 different microfigure paks.
    Yup only 3, although might as well say 2 really for the most part as the Naboo security were like the holy grail to find lol

Btw for those who collect Hot wheels Star Wars too, some of the micro machines scale up really nicely to them

MM A-wing is to scale with HW X-wing (I think)
    MM Skiff scales nicely to the HW sail barge
    MM X-wing, Y-wing, B-wing etc scale up to the HW Millenium Falcon
    MM Rebel ships as above to the HW Ghost
    MM Snowspeeders to HW At-At
    MM At-st to HW At-At
    MM Jedi Star fighters to the HW Arc-170
    MM Rebel transport to HW Tantive V (paint them to make other corvettes too)
    MM rebels imperial ground tansport to HW At-At
    MM Tie fighters to HW Imperial Shuttle
    MM resistance X-wings and first order tie fighters to HW resistance bomber

Some Hot wheels also scales nicely to Action fleet

HW Millenium falcon to AF Tantive V

HW Jedi starfighters to Titanium Ultra Arc-170 (Af Yoda scales nicely to his HW starfighter)

HW A-wing are perhaps the right scale for AF X-wing (as they are a way smaller ship in diagrams)

HW X-wings to AF Millenium Falcon

Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271