Page 2 of 274 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Micro Machines (2015+)

Quote Originally Posted by Unreality View Post
    By Grabthar's hammer......what a savings.
    Cute, though in all seriousness, that last part remains to be seen. Given it is over a decade since MMs were last at retail, I predict we may experience a little sticker shock when we find out the pricing.

I meant to include lots of smileys in that post to make it clear I got the joke reference! It sounds awfully serious without them. Dang that no edit function.

Rev, you bring up a really good point. I hope no one is expecting the $4-5 price point that the old MM's ran. For the three ships I'm expecting something along the lines of $9.99 each. Many the single blind pack will be around $5. This is all speculation of course.

Yeah, those guesses sound about right to me, perhaps even a little more for the three-packs, depending on size and degree of finish. Still, compared to paying that for a single Fantasy Flight Games miniature, it may not feel too bad! I really hope Hasbro clarifies their plans surrounding these at New York Toy Fair this February. I appreciate we won't see anything, but just to get confirmation of the size and material they have in mind would be great.

I agree Rev. Remember how the Episode I Micro Machines went up a dollar AND only had 2 vehicles per pack? So yeah, I won't be surprised with an 8-10 dollar price point. But like you said, better than the FFG mini prices.

I think my fear surrounding this line centers around what exactly Hasbro considers a Micro Machine to be. Are they talking about the classic two inch long mini ships that we used to buy in the old days, or do they consider anything Titanium sized or smaller as a Micro Machine? I was having this conversation with a friend who brought up the notion that they could reuse the (admittedly excellent) Command molds, which are closer to Titanium scaling than what I would consider a true MM in the spirit of the originals. I'm hoping for the classic Galoob mini ships, myself, both for reasons of pricing and display consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendStrone View Post
    Yeah, those guesses sound about right to me, perhaps even a little more for the three-packs, depending on size and degree of finish. Still, compared to paying that for a single Fantasy Flight Games miniature, it may not feel too bad! I really hope Hasbro clarifies their plans surrounding these at New York Toy Fair this February. I appreciate we won't see anything, but just to get confirmation of the size and material they have in mind would be great.
    Sadly Rev, Hasbro have quashed any hope of displays at NY Toy Fair already, but we still might get news

Jedi News - Latest: Toy Fair NY 2015: No <i>The Force Awakens</i> Toys To Be Shown At Hasbro Brand Preview Day
    formerly Boris :shame:

Yeah, I had no expectation of actually seeing anything. All I am hoping for is some clarification of size, price, material, etc - what they imagine this sku to look like, without going into any design specifics. Here's hoping that isn't an unrealistic expectation, but I suppose much depends on what and how the various fan sites ask them.

Does Hasbro still answer fan questions monthly? I've been out of that loop for a long time but I thought they'd packed the Q&As in.
    Otherwise, thanks! The news is quite exciting and intriguing, though any mention of blind bags gives me the willies.

Maybe the competition from Hot Wheels is what finally convinced them to dust off MM. I always figured they would make them again, someday.

Page 2 of 274 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast