Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Hot Toys - 1/6 Emperor

Are there Eneloops sized for SSC stuff? I've only ever seen AA/AAA Eneloops.
    I changed my signature because Hasbro is never going to make Tikkes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikkes View Post
    Are there Eneloops sized for SSC stuff? I've only ever seen AA/AAA Eneloops.
    A lot of SSC stuff uses AA/AAA sized batteries. I would not use cell batteries anyway, and don't think you'd find Eneloops in that size.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Emperor and thrones arrived and the both are great. I like the throne, and I managed to fit him on the thrones in a way that feet touch the ground. The throne is better than SSC, even with its inaccuracies.

But the Emperor himself has some fraying and tearing damage on the right part of the chest robe under the clasp, it seems to be from the sewing of the clasp metal holder in the back, very hard to see but the damage is there and it is getting bigger when handling the figure. Contacted my distributor to get replacement robe, waiting now for the answer.

Fast shot:

COLLECTION
    Feedback

Sorry to hear that...I was nervous about trying to remove that clasp. Magnet, clasp? I even left the plastic piece on the neck, as I was afraid of probing around too much. I think I’m posing my Palpy sitting on the throne as well...I love the Force lightning look, but worried about the plastic snapping over time...due to the length & bendin factor.

I didn't open the clasp, the moment i removed the Emperor from its box I realized there were some loose threads under the clasp, looked closely and it was some damage from the sewing of the clasp to the robe. And handling it further made the damaged bigger. Don't get me wrong, I love the figure, but now I'm waiting for an answer regarding replacement robe. And I waited a long time already to get the figure (most collectors got theirs long ago), since the distributor also had to look through their thrones to find the ones without paint issues - and seems there were quite a few with that problem as well... Not sure what is going on with HT quality recently.
    One of the things I don't like is the Force lightning, I find it to be too fragile.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Emperor and thrones arrived and the both are great. I like the throne, and I managed to fit him on the thrones in a way that feet touch the ground. The throne is better than SSC, even with its inaccuracies.

But the Emperor himself has some fraying and tearing damage on the right part of the chest robe under the clasp, it seems to be from the sewing of the clasp metal holder in the back, very hard to see but the damage is there and it is getting bigger when handling the figure. Contacted my distributor to get replacement robe, waiting now for the answer.

Fast shot:

I like the Sideshow throne more.

It doesn't feel cheap like the Hot Toys one as it has a bit of weight to it.

I can live without the electronics as I never use them anyways on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_Gunner View Post
    I like the Sideshow throne more.

It doesn't feel cheap like the Hot Toys one as it has a bit of weight to it.

I can live without the electronics as I never use them anyways on these things.
    I totally prefer the HT throne over the SSC, it is more accurate and is not made of fragile resin - many SSC thrones got damaged because of that. And I don't collect pieces because of their weight. I agree with you on electronics though.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

I have moved my comment to a different thread.
    Last edited by LightSword; 03-07-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Ian McDiarmid playing with himself

COLLECTION
    Feedback

Finally the replacement robe for the Emperor arrived and now he feels very happy.
    I futzed the robe a bit, no water treatment for now, and cut the back and the two inside stitches, no need to the two in front.

COLLECTION
    Feedback

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122