Thread: Mego Buck Rogers 3.75 Custom Playset

Mego Buck Rogers 3.75 Custom Playset

I've been wanting to display my 3 3/4" Buck Rogers collection for a long time. I originally had them set up in the display I made for the 8" Zica BR figures, but the setup with the ships didn't look quite right since the scale is so different. Since I built the design using a 3D graphics program, I just adjusted the scene so that the scale was more appropriate for the 3 3/4" size of the figures and ships and then changed the views so that they are direct forward shots, instead of perspective views - more typical of Mego playsets. I'm really pleased at how well the Didas work with the 3 3/4" scale. Now I have some ideas for diorama designs for my Star Wars collection.

One side of the set features the New Chicago hangar
    [IMG] 3_75 Buck Rogers New Chicago Display by megomike, on Flickr[/IMG]

The reverse side has the Draconian flight deck with the missles Buck plugs into the Draconian Marauder
    [IMG] 3_75 Buck Rogers Draconian Hangar Display by megomike, on Flickr[/IMG]

The glare from the lighting washes out the artwork, so here's the actual 3D designs
    [IMG] 3_75 Buck Rogers New Chicago Design by megomike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG] 3_75 Buck Rogers Draconian Hangar Design by megomike, on Flickr[/IMG]

Very very cool. I have always wanted the ships, but I can never seem to catch them in good enough condition for a good price. I have all the figures though.
    Don't become dependent on others for your own happiness.

Sharp! Man, I'd forgotten about Buck Rogers--that was a surprisingly good toy line.

Great stuff! I remember watching the show, but never had the toys. Your displays look really cool.

It reminds me of DAPOL's Doctor Who TARDIS playset.