Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame

That's kind of what I was thinking. Go back in time (aka alternate reality) and bring back a Natasha same as Gamora.

That is interesting about the soul stone. I hadn't thought of that. How exactly was the soul stone put in Vormir in the first place, and is Captain America necessarily obligated to put it back in Vormir. Was Red Skull even the being that put the soul stone like that? I just assumed it was placed there by someone very powerful and Red Skull was put there as a kind of punishment. Inquiring minds want to know!
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    speaking of time-displaced Gamora, it would seem that the sacrifice she made to attain the stone CAN be undone, with just a little bit of time travel. we are told that Natasha's sacrifice CAN't be undone, because the sacrifice she made to attain the stone was permanent/everlasting/whatever... but Gamora made the exact same "Everlasting Sacrifice", to attain the exact same stone. and this WAS undone. so what's to stop Our Heroes from just going back in time and "displacing" a past version of Natasha, by bringing her forward to the future, so she can continue in the MCU? if Zoe Saldana can continue in the MCU after sacrificing her character to attain the stone, then why can't Scarlett Johansen be resurrected in the exact same way? this bargain doesn't seem very "permanent" or "everlasting" or whatever. all it takes is a little bit of time travel.

(and/or: Red Skull said the deal was "a soul for a soul". so when Cap goes back in time and takes the stone BACK to that same moment.. then wouldn't the same deal apply, "a soul for a soul"? when he returns the stone, then Natasha's bargain should be undone -- no harm, no foul).
    In defense of the Film. It was og Thanos that made the sacrifice & he was long dead by the time Gamora "returned" & not really the same Gamora. So if they were to bring Natasha back that would require the removal of everyone who sacrificed/loved her. Hawkeye, Hulk & Ironman. Ok that last one's off the list, but I like to think he was sacrificing himself knowing the cost.

It has been hinted at that all the stones have some kind of intelligence. Eternals or future movie might tell us if there are faces behind said intelligence. But since the stones are now destroyed, I am wondering if Loki's escape will really be a mission to save the stones in some form so that silly universe doesn't collapse on itself.
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Time travel is the worst cop out especially in major films/series like this. Literally anything that happened in previous movies becomes irrelevant because it can be undone. No stakes for anyone; waste of a franchise.

Well the worst cop out would have been if it was all a dream and none of it really happened, but I get your point. LOL!
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Actually as a time travel film nerd I like how they handled time travel even if the film makers don’t agree

Can’t change what happened in previous films.
    Cap was always with Peggy just using a different name & was likely still doing Cap stuff.
    My only compliant is the number of dead people who had future projects announced which does undercut the story
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970