Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by epsilonjedi View Post
    No one wants to pay $20 for 30 more seconds of footage or sit through a 3 hour mediocre movie again.
    They probably wouldn't pay for a mediocre movie, no. However, I know if Endgame was re-released here in the UK I for one would absolutely go and see it again on the big screen. Such a great blockbuster film.

With a worldwide take of 2 billion, 766 million dollars, PLENTY of people "sat through" it more than once, Epsilon! I just want to see it break that final record, and it only needs about 0.8% more of its current take to do it!

Edit: but I agree with you that 30 extra seconds (or however much more it was, even a minute or two) is not worth upwards of $20. It's actually a missed opportunity to not add in a substantial teaser like the X-Men or some other major revelation.
    Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 07-04-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

If it weren't so long, I would have considered watching again, even w/o the extra stuff. Personally, some of these movies are just too long these days for multiple viewings. Especially with the slow filler they like to trow in. I'd rather wait it out and be able to watch at home with the FF button.

Honestly, it's not worth it to me to waste the $20 just to try and make it top Avatar. I've got bigger worries in life.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I've got bigger worries in life.
    Yeah, me too, and probably most everybody else on the planet! But it would be cool to see a once-unheard-of possibility (a comic book movie) being the highest grossing movie ever. And the reason I've mentioned it a few times is because it's (figuratively) pennies away from doing so, compared to what it's made already. I'm not wringing my hands waiting for it to happen LOL (nor would I want anyone to spend money just to break a record), and if it doesn't, no sweat- but it's fun to watch it get close
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Honestly, it's not worth it to me to waste the $20 just to try and make it top Avatar. I've got bigger worries in life.
    I'm with you there. I was actually interested in going to see it again anyway. The extra footage peaked my interest, but now that I know what the footage is I lost interest. I did like the movie, but as you said... not a top priority.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

I did kind of wanted to go see it again, but it just never worked out. I live so far away form a decent theater, with a screen you'd actually want to see movies like this on. That it's quite an undertaking.

Most people drive about 20 minutes(?) and maybe buy drinks/food etc. at the theater. But I have to drive 80 miles, which means a very long road trip that includes having to eat either lunch or dinner. In addition to gas, a $5 bottle of water at theater. Then drive that 80 miles back home. So it's not just $20 for me to hop over and see a Movie.

Now a movie that i don't care much about XD or an old screen with tears and lines down it, such as Jumangi NextGen. I simply drive about 3 miles and pay about $8. Trade-offs.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

pre-ordered my copy of Endgame. can't wait to watch both Infinity War and Endgame back to back
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Based on the info from this website, it looks like it is #1 now.
    https://www.the-numbers.com/box-offi...ative/all-time
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Hm….still showing as #2 on BoxOfficeMojo (my go-to source).

For some reason The Numbers website has a lower gross for Avatar than Box Office Mojo. I think The Numbers is wrong.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast