Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1 View Post
    If you're someone who's followed this saga of 22 films, I can't wrap my head around not being absolutely bowled over by this movie. I'm still reeling and trying to wrap my head around what I just saw (in the best possible way).
    I know. I thought it was a very satisfying ending. Everyone was clapping and cheering during the final battle scenes. After watching Endgame I can see why they may have scaled back the final battle of Infinity War. They needed to save something for Endgame.

I'm trying to put together a must see list of MCU movies that people would need to see to get the most out of the scenes in Endgame without going through all of them.

He's what I came up with in order of release date. I'm curious what other would add or take away.

Iron Man
    Not 100% sure if Iron Man is necessary, but it's the first movie. I'd say optional

Thor
    Also, optional perhaps, but it introduces Thor, Loki and what they are all about. In theory you could get by without watching it as long as you watch The Avengers.

Captain America: The First Avenger
    The Avengers
    Thor: The Dark World
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man
    Not sure if this should be there, but Ant-Man and the Wasp has to be on the list. I'm thinking the 1st Ant-Man to understand the 2nd Ant-Man movie. You need some knowledge of Ant-Man tech going into Endgame.

Captain America: Civil War
    Doctor Strange
    Thor: Ragnarok
    Avengers: Infinity War
    Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel
    Honestly, they could have written the story without Captain Marvel being involved, but since she is you probably need to see it before Endgame.
    Last edited by sharky; 04-29-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

I'm thinking you could pare down that list further. Other than understanding who some of the characters are, I don't think you'd need to see Thor: Dark World; Thor: Ragnorock; Winter Soldier; or Age of Ultron.
    Go mbíodh an fhórsa leat

You need to see all of them to get the most out of Endgame. So many call backs. For example, if you skip Ultron, you're missing context for the scene where he uses Thor's hammer. Skip the Thor movies and you're losing part of Thor's character arc. Skip Winter Solider and you're missing out on Black Widow's growth and you won't recognize the STRIKE guys or get the point of the elevator scene in Endgame. Skip Doctor Strange and you won't recognize the Ancient One.

I could go on, but the point is that Endgame was designed to be the pay off to 21 movies. Anyone going into it without seeing them all is doing themselves a disservice.

Loved this film more than words can explain!!
    It's basically a huge hat tip to the hardcore comic and film fans and the easter eggs, callbacks, and nods must number in the hundreds. There's too much to absorb in one viewing - which is exactly what I wanted. The emotions induced by this film are off the charts and there was at least one person in my theater who could be heard sobbing uncontrollably. Emotion got he better of me in at least three scenes.
    What a perfect bookend to all that came before it!
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post
    You need to see all of them to get the most out of Endgame. So many call backs. For example, if you skip Ultron, you're missing context for the scene where he uses Thor's hammer. Skip the Thor movies and you're losing part of Thor's character arc. Skip Winter Solider and you're missing out on Black Widow's growth and you won't recognize the STRIKE guys or get the point of the elevator scene in Endgame. Skip Doctor Strange and you won't recognize the Ancient One.

I could go on, but the point is that Endgame was designed to be the pay off to 21 movies. Anyone going into it without seeing them all is doing themselves a disservice.
    True, I personally am the type that would feel it necessary to watch all of them to get every nugget leading into Endgame. Some of the significance of the scenes in Endgame come from knowing the history of say Stark and Pepper Potts, or Hulk and Black Widow, or Black Widow and Clint. I was just trying to go through the exercise to see how it could be trimmed for a casual viewer to watch without going through them all. I was trying to eliminate movies that didn't necessarily deal with the infinity stones or advancing the Avengers plot. In other words the minimal amount of movies so as not to have to many complicated questions or questions with long answers going into Endgame to avoid confusion.

Oh crap. I meant to include Dr. Strange to the list. That was an oversight on my part. Dr. Strange is a must watch no doubt. Original post has been edited.
    Still a big list even when trying to thin it down some. LOL!

Interesting topic for discussion to me regardless.
    Last edited by sharky; 04-29-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Had to go into hibernation, but finally saw End Game last night. Almost can't comment because there is too much to comment about. I'm looking forward to the discussion with spoilers because I do have some beef with some things, but the good parts way overshadow that. All I can say now is what they have achieved with the MCU is beyond what anyone could have expected and hopefully they can continue making great content for years to come.

I sincerely hope they address what went on in Infinity War and End Game in Agents of SHIELD and Spider-Man: Far From Home and don't just gloss over it. The repercussions of what went on would have immeasurable affects on everything.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post

Exactly, they managed to tie into a lot of moments in every movie. And make it relevant to the story. Some very serious homework for someone. lol
    At first I thought, oh no this isn't going to go well. Rehashing all the old movies, but it worked and explains why the movie is and needed to be so long. I wondered why, of all points in time to take the stones, did they choose moments when they were pivotal moment to said characters. They could have simply slipped in under the cover of night, during a slow day of no action.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Exactly, they managed to tie into a lot of moments in every movie. And make it relevant to the story. Some very serious homework for someone. lol
    At first I thought, oh no this isn't going to go well. Rehashing all the old movies, but it worked and explains why the movie is and needed to be so long. I wondered why, of all points in time to take the stones, did they choose moments when they were pivotal moment to said characters. They could have simply slipped in under the cover of night, during a slow day of no action.
    I think the way they got the stones was pretty ridiculous as well. I can suspend reality for the sake of the movie, but Endgame really had a lot of holes to explain. When the directors have to explain numerous things after the movie, it really means they should have spent some more time thinking about how the story would work overall.

Personally, the way the next few movies/shows relate to the whole 'snappening' saga will make a big difference in how Endgame is looked upon in the future.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

As much as I enjoyed Endgame, it is definitely not without plot issues. Not only have the Russos had to explain things, so have screenwriters Markus and McFeely. The crazy part is that both duos have offered different explanations for the ending.

Not that it's super-important, but if it earns $75 million more (on top of it's $2.7 billion so far), it will pass Avatar as the worldwide highest earning film ever.
    Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 06-04-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast