Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    because skrulls will turn up everywhere, from DisneyXD to AoS.

now lets talk about YOUR ridiculous theories. Coulson COULD be "joking"? LOL. yeah that makes a lot of sense. prove it. it's your dumb-*** theory so please elaborate. please PROVE that Coulson COULD be joking. dude. a LOT of things COULD happen. I'm asking why you think this WILL happen. you also said he COULD be a "spy". a spy? really? because the SPIES are going to impersonate someone who--at least from the other characters' perspectives--is dead? Because THAT won't raise any red flags? prove it. it's YOUR dumb-*** theory so please elaborate. what have we seen, anywhere in the MCU, to make us think he COULD be a "spy"? a spy for who? they got a lot of "SPIES" in the captain marvel movie? AoS tends to cross over with the summer blockbuster, afterall. so YOU think the Captain Marvel movie will be all about "spies"? hmmm. prove it. it's YOUR dumb-*** theory so please elaborate.

you said yourself the line could mean "almost anything" so why not skrulls? skrulls don't fit your definition of "ANYTHING"? not even "ALMOST ANYTHING"? prove it. prove that Skrulls are not "almost anything" in the MCU -- this IS what I was responding to, after all (your OWN musing on how "anything could happen") -- so: how are skrulls excluded, from YOUR definition of "anything"? this is YOUR dumb-*** theory. so please elaborate.
    WOW! Someone's dosage needs to be upped. Are you done ranting, crazy man?

Ok, first of all, I don't know why you keep using the word "prove." No one's asked you to prove anything. I said "elaborate." There's a difference. Someone who pretends to be as smart as you do should be able to pretend to know the difference.

Why would Coulson joke? Is this a serious question? Is this the best you can do? He might joke because he has a sense of humor that's been well-established over the last decade.

I didn't say Coulson COULD be a spy. I'm saying Coulson IS a spy. As in that's his profession. He's an intelligence agent. Very often, intelligence agents don't like to let people know they're intelligence agents. So he might say "never heard of it" when referring to SHIELD as a different way of saying "A spy? Me? That's ridiculous."

I think Captain Marvel will be about spies? What the f*** are you talking about?

Now, on to your, yes, dumb*** theory. Yes, I said "almost anything" and yes, Skrull qualify as "almost anything." But that's not the issue and you know it. The point of replacing someone with a Skrull is for the Skrull to blend in and fool everyone. It defeats the purpose if that person is known to be dead, or even widely believed to be dead. I literally can't believe I have to explain this to you.

So there you go. I elaborated. Still waiting for you to do the same on how replacing Coulson with a Skrull makes sense.

the world believes Nick Fury to be dead and yet he shows up all over the place.
    in Coulson's case it would depend on who the skrull is trying to fool. the entire world? 4 people? just you?
    you never know, when it comes to skrulls... they're capable of.. (wait for it).. "almost anything".
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    WOW! Someone's dosage needs to be upped. Are you done ranting, crazy man?
    I was holding up a mirror for you. I'm glad you saw the same thing I did. cheers.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 01-31-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    I was holding up a mirror for you. I'm glad you saw the same thing I did. cheers.
    Which is really you just saying "I know you are but what am I?"

I see we've finally reached a level of discourse you're comfortable with.
    Last edited by lister; 01-31-2019 at 01:37 PM.

more like, "turnabout is fair play"

(unless your original intent was 'name calling'...? I dunno dude. I guess I missed that part).
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 01-31-2019 at 02:25 PM.

If the 12 year olds are done, the adults would like to discuss.

I think it's very possible that Nick Fury in Spider-Man Far from Home is a Skrull.

I think any character that was 'erased' and then comes back in End Game will be a Skrull until proven otherwise for me. Agent May and Coulson would have to be included... as would Fitz.

We see Carol on Earth punching an old woman that we have to assume is a Skrull, so they ARE on Earth already. If the MCU decides not to go all "Secret Invasion" on us and it's all wrapped up in Captain Marvel, then I guess perhaps Skrulls won't be as big of a situation as I think, but I tend to believe AOS would be the perfect place to start in with Skrulls. They have way more time in the TV show than they do onscreen. Or MAYBE they'll start using the word Mutant?
    Last edited by keknivek; 01-31-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

If Nick Fury is anything other than Nick Fury in Far From Home, he's likely going to be Chameleon. I hoping Skrulls remain confined to Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Mildoo; 01-31-2019 at 07:59 PM.

I won't be shocked if the Skrulls play a larger role outside of Captain Marvel, but I think we'd be getting way ahead of ourselves to just start assuming half the characters in the MCU are really Skrulls. We'll obviously have a better sense of how they plan to use the Skrulls after Captain Marvel, but as of now all we really know is that Skrulls WERE on Earth in the 90s.

Any theories beyond that require information we just don't have yet or big leaps in logic.

It's certainly possible that some established characters could turn out to be Skrulls at some point. In fact, it's probably likely. But it has to make sense for those particular characters. In the same way I don't want time travel or multiple universes to be overused, I don't want Skrulls to be overused either. And I also don't think AOS should turn into the "Who's the Skrull This Week?" show.
    Last edited by lister; 02-01-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post
    If Nick Fury is anything other than Nick Fury in Far From Home, he's likely going to be Chameleon. I hoping Skrulls remain confined to Captain Marvel.
    That is the other thought. Chameleon is a good plot point, but not a great villain.

You really don't want to see Skrulls happen in the MCU? I'll be a little disappointed if we don't get at least one big Skrull reveal at some point. I don't want EVERYONE to be a Skrull. My last post was more of a "it could be anyone post snap" sort of thing.

Does everyone really not want to see the Secret Invasion type storyline?
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    Does everyone really not want to see the Secret Invasion type storyline?
    I do. And really, there's little point in even introducing Skrulls if you're not going to utilize their shapeshifting ability for a significant storyline. When The Avengers first came out, I remember some people saying they wished the Chitauri had been Skrulls. I never agreed with that. Using the Skrulls as cannon fodder would have been a huge waste of what makes them good bad guys.

So yes, I would like to see a Secret Invasion-inspired storyline. It's something they could really take their time laying the ground work for. I also like it because it's a very different kind of threat than what we've seen in the first three phases of the MCU. It's much more insidious.

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast