Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by spudmanski View Post
    I received my shipping notice today.
    Mine was also pushed back until later this month.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

I received mine yesterday and I love it. Might be my imagination but it seems like it has better articulation than past troopers.

I am, however, super annoyed by the flimsy new mailer box - it's noticeably thinner (one layer of corrugated instead of two) and just way less sturdy. The inner box had some crushing, which seems inevitable if it's shipped in a box made out of such thin cardboard. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a new cost-cutting thing Hot Toys is doing? If so, I'm not excited about receiving every single new sixth scale figure with bends and dents in the packaging. I would love to hear what you have to say about this. Maybe even start a new thread?

Also - the taxes went way up, it looks like. I paid $48.50 on a $189.00 figure. That doesn't include shipping. Thanks, Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelstars View Post
    I received mine yesterday and I love it. Might be my imagination but it seems like it has better articulation than past troopers.

I am, however, super annoyed by the flimsy new mailer box - it's noticeably thinner (one layer of corrugated instead of two) and just way less sturdy. The inner box had some crushing, which seems inevitable if it's shipped in a box made out of such thin cardboard. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a new cost-cutting thing Hot Toys is doing? If so, I'm not excited about receiving every single new sixth scale figure with bends and dents in the packaging. I would love to hear what you have to say about this. Maybe even start a new thread?

Also - the taxes went way up, it looks like. I paid $48.50 on a $189.00 figure. That doesn't include shipping. Thanks, Trump.

Trade wars are easy to win!

I've experienced the same thing with my recent figures as well. Almost all of the boxes are creased or crushed in some capacity.
    I changed my signature because Hasbro is never going to make Tikkes.

You're just getting ripped off by someone, I also live in California and I only paid $17.62 in tax for mine.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You're just getting ripped off by someone, I also live in California and I only paid $17.62 in tax for mine.
    No doubt Shadow. I'm in CA too. Nothing more than normal taxes. It's an excuse to talk trash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe R1 and Solo can.

Looks like we got a case of fake news. You might want to call CNN they pay money for these stories.

That's not how the word works. Glad you ate the propaganda though.

Just had to pay 50 euro in taxes and customs for one of these. Gonna start buying the expensive stuff from european etailers going forward - surely would have worked out cheaper had i bought one from a belgian vendor. And we don’t even have Trump as an excuse. 50 euro, or 25% of the original price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    Just had to pay 50 euro in taxes and customs for one of these. Gonna start buying the expensive stuff from european etailers going forward - surely would have worked out cheaper had i bought one from a belgian vendor. And we don’t even have Trump as an excuse. 50 euro, or 25% of the original price.
    That's a pretty heft amount. I'd go with a European etailer as well at this point.
    T
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Buy from the Far East. Much cheaper than European retailers and most offer 'gift' and low value to help avoid taxes and customs.
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast