Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    They will release the ROTJ Stormies
    I know they are planning on these, but I really would prefer one from ANH and was not expecting them to be so hard to come by, like they are

Quote Originally Posted by Imrahil2001 View Post
    The only difference I can see is the tube stripes on the helmet . Apparently it's also symmetrical but that's not an obvious difference to me.
    There are many more differences. Some out of my head now, with stress at work: helmet - symmetrical, ears buttons are different, indentations instead of decals on tubes, armor - different ab buttons/square, different armor assembly and strapping etc.etc.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Among others....the side of armour difference was quite glaring....

Last edited by ArTwoDeeTwo; 09-05-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArTwoDeeTwo View Post
    Among others....the side of armour difference was quite glaring....
    Like I said different armor assembly and strapping
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

I said the tube things. So strap on side and tubes. Ears look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrahil2001 View Post
    I said the tube things. So strap on side and tubes. Ears look the same.
    The ear bars/gray area there is different too.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

a wretched hive of scum and villiany...aka NJ

hey, those changes are enough for me to blow another $200 on a stormie... :p

that's sarcasm btw...
    The dark side of my Force has two moons

The new Stormies are a good option for people who missed ANH figures, and do not really care about R1 vs OT differences, and thus not want to pay after market prices for ANH, and for collectors who want R1 Stormies, knowing they are different from OT ones, and thus being completists.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Like I said different armor assembly and strapping
    Yup. That area was what got my attention the most...

The new Stormies are a good option for people who missed ANH figures, and do not really care about R1 vs OT differences, and thus not want to pay after market prices for ANH, and for collectors who want R1 Stormies, knowing they are different from OT ones, and thus being completists.
    I'm just thinking how clever the 'owners' are to do minor tweaks to a classic Stormie,
    just enough to target the types of collectors you mentioned above... milking it the right way I suppose....

I don't think it's milking it. They were trying to make it more comfortable and less clunky for the actors, and we're living in a world of 4K television so they were trying to make the details a bit sharper. It would have been a lot of work to make them as wonky as the originals. And the originals have so much variation that if you pick just one look then it might not look right either. This movie is going to do some things right and some things wrong--this to me seemed to be more about pragmatism. All the new troopers are more about milking fans love of troopers in my view.

They could have easily brought back the scout trooper and used an AT-AT driver for the tanks for variation, but instead we have 3 brand new troops.

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast