Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Rex - #59

Floating through the Alderaan debris field

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialOpsUnit View Post
    I'm in.

Cody looks pretty bad, hopefully he ends up much better than that.
    I don't know, the photos of Cody I saw over on toyark don't look that bad. The only issue I have, is that his paint job isn't "dirty" enough. Nothing a light black wash can't fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound
    "Sounds like a bad idea.. But, I'm all about Bad Ideas."

Cody itself looks pretty awesome I think. It's just the fact that Habsro again failed to include any self-evident accessories like a Clone head / alternate helmet, Obi Wan's lightsaber hilt or a Sidious hologram. However, a lack of accessories doesn't automatically make the entire figure less good. But each to his own.

This is a signature.

This is exciting news! I'll definitely be picking up Rex. I wasn't planning on getting any AOTC Clone Troopers but I might pick up a couple to go with him.

I'm curious is the holo-Palpie from the Vintage collection Cody will fit in BS6's hand. The VC version always seemed a bit large for the 3.75 figure to hold it. I'm already tempted to trim it down so that BS6 Cody can hold it in his palm "correctly".

If this figure comes in animated form, then I might seriously consider it. I'd love to see him in his phase II uniform. Both helmets would be aces, though. And since he was seen primarily just with blaster pistols, I'm fine with only those weapons as accessories. So, two helmets and two pistols, and I'd say that that is plenty of good stuff.

Hologram works in Cody's hand. Posted a pic in Cody thread

Because of my overwhelming affection for the character, I'm down with a few, no matter what version hits retail.

That said, if I had my druthers, this Rex would come packed thusly:

- In his Phase II armor (include a Phase I bucket as an extra, though, and I'll whistle a happy tune).
    - With a swappable, helmet-free head (or, failing that, a removable helmet).
    - A realistic sculpt.

If Hasbro somehow hits on all three of these, I'll be thrilled. If they give us this, while also including any number of additional extras?

Holy cow!

The Phase II thing does give me pause, though.

For a time I never thought it might actually happen, but I kind of feel as though, over the past few years now, Rex's Phase II gear has become his signature, iconic look.

I'd almost expect this to be how he comes packed.

Here's the rub, though. In that same JTA interview, the Hasbro rep also mentioned not to really expect any Phase II clones coming in the TBS6 line any time soon. Now, I suppose he may have been speaking more to the general troopers, and not Rex, specifically. But I have to wonder.
    Hey there Hasbro, Ben Skywalker, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Generation42 View Post
    Here's the rub, though. In that same JTA interview, the Hasbro rep also mentioned not to really expect any Phase II clones coming in the TBS6 line any time soon. Now, I suppose he may have been speaking more to the general troopers, and not Rex, specifically. But I have to wonder.
    I, for one, think your initial assumption is correct. Though it'd be easy money for Hasbro (quick, and subtle repaint potential), I'm willing to bet Hasbro will put out "key" phase 2 Clones (Cody, Commander Gree, etc.) first then perhaps provide Phase 2 generics. I think they went w/ the generic Phase 1 trooper early on due to the ease for "Army builders".

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiralJSK View Post
    Hopefully they pay more attention to detail to Rex than they seemingly did with Cody. I'd assume its going to be Phase II. If they don't do Cody with a removable helmet then Rex probably won't either which is a disappointment. Soft goods kama is a MUST!
    The Cody looks fantastic. Not sure what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthWad3r View Post
    The Cody looks fantastic. Not sure what you are talking about.
    If you call a lack of accessories of missing paint details fantastic, more power to you.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast