Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Obi Wan Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Oofa View Post
    And we will most likely see Ben watch Luke bullseye womp rats in his T-16, although if made very subtle, it's not too much of a fan service.
    I agree that including Luke briefly, similar to what we saw in Rebels, or as you say above, it would be fine - they've definitely met a couple of times before.
    That would be awesome!
    The pod race was great and showing Luke flying something at that age would be a great connection to Anakin and the PT.

PT is FANTASTIC!!

Agreed, because everything still haven't been connected enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    Why not? His dad flew super-dangerous pods at age 9. Even in the real world, kids learn how to drive at much younger ages in super-rural areas. After all, almost zero chance of hitting other speeders in the middle of nowhere.
    True, i was around 9/10 when I first learn to drive the Farm truck and tractors. And let me tell you that those things don't have power steering and brakes like the new cars. lol
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I drove a forklift when I was 12. it was a family business. (child labor FTW).
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Agreed. There's just not enough scope for either really. This could end up being 'The Hobbit' movie trilogy. Bloated and stuffed full of unnecessary faff to fill an ill advised run time.

I'm cautiously optimistic, though, that this will be a one shot 8 episode (or thereabouts) small(ish) scale story that, hopefully, doesn't include Vader, Jabba or even Luke. None of that needs to be in it. In fact, the inclusion of such figures inclusion would be very damaging to the 1977 film. If it remains a low key affair, then there exists the possibility for it to be a good and satisfying yarn about a day in the - really boring, hiding from the Empire - life of Ben Kenobi.

If they make it a smash, bang, wallop, rip roaring adventure with Kenobi using the Force all the time and lightsaber battles every second episode, then it could end up being a disaster.
    It COULD end up bloated. Or, it could end up as a beautiful story about loss, regret, isolation, triumph over despair, and show us pieces of all the things we've loved about the OT for years.

I'm imagining Mythos Obi Wan style. The show starts with Obi Wan, who has been living very nearby, being told by Owen (played by Joel Edgerton of course) to stay clear of their farm. Obi Wan gets captured by Tuskens, he trades with Jawas, he visits Mos Eisley maybe even Mos Espa, meets Kitster?, perhaps has to avoid Jabba's goons and a small Imperial presence. We could learn more about some of the Cantina patrons or Jabba's palaces denizens.

I see The Mandalorian pulling in Trandoshans, IG droids, Beskar, Death Troopers?, Quarren, Carbonite.... and I can see Obi Wan doing a lot of the same kinds of stuff. OTpalooza!!!
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

^
    Somebody somewhere was talking about perhaps the Obi-Wan series being 'The Searchers' on Tatooine. Now, I don't particularly like that film (I think it's vastly overrated, like John Ford films in general), but that idea could work really well. An 8 year old Luke gets kidnapped by Tuskens, because of some dispute between a certain tribe and the Lars homestead. This makes Owen have to approach Kenobi and go out into the desert of Tatooine to find the wandering tribe and rescue the boy.

That's enough of a broad story to hook an 8-10 episode show around.

It could also show new stuff and old too. Perhaps, Owen and Ben have to head into Mos Eisley to get some info on the possible whereabouts of this particular Tusken tribe.

But what absolutely needs to be left out is any contact with the Empire or Jabba, despite the temptation to include them. Such things will only end up interfering with the original films in a bad way.

If Obi-Wan is truly vigilant how would this happen in the first place? Wouldn't a Jedi sense these things, or do we just assume they stopped using the Force so that the Emperor couldn't track them?

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    It COULD end up bloated. Or, it could end up as a beautiful story about loss, regret, isolation, triumph over despair, and show us pieces of all the things we've loved about the OT for years.

I'm imagining Mythos Obi Wan style. The show starts with Obi Wan, who has been living very nearby, being told by Owen (played by Joel Edgerton of course) to stay clear of their farm. Obi Wan gets captured by Tuskens, he trades with Jawas, he visits Mos Eisley maybe even Mos Espa, meets Kitster?, perhaps has to avoid Jabba's goons and a small Imperial presence. We could learn more about some of the Cantina patrons or Jabba's palaces denizens. [/IMG]
    Anything is possible, and it could very well be good show. But what so far has led you to believe they are capable of such an endeavor? We haven't even seen the Mandalorian yet, not enough to know for sure whether it was good or what some of us needed. We've only seen short shots, the good ones, similar to how TLJ sucked me in.

However, him being captured by Tuskens, a Jedi? I don't know that I really want to see more about how a Jedi can be bested by a plot hole/point. Just for the sake vulnerability. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Anything is possible, and it could very well be good show. But what so far has led you to believe they are capable of such an endeavor? We haven't even seen the Mandalorian yet, not enough to know for sure whether it was good or what some of us needed. We've only seen short shots, the good ones, similar to how TLJ sucked me in.

However, him being captured by Tuskens, a Jedi? I don't know that I really want to see more about how a Jedi can be bested by a plot hole/point. Just for the sake vulnerability. etc.
    I choose to be optimistic I guess. I certainly can't give them the benefit of the doubt on doing a good Star Wars TV show sight unseen, but I have a lot of faith in Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and Taika Waititi as they've given us stuff that I really enjoy and it does look like they have an idea of what fans want when they show us stuff like what has come in the footage so far for The Mandalorian. Ewan McGregor was the best part of the PT so they have that going for them.

I've seen people saying 'fan-service'... I'm a fan so I'm in on that.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Well said...the creative people are fans like us, so we’ll see. All things being equal...whatever they turn in won’t please everyone. It’s pretty much a universal constant since the PT...especially for SW fans.

It could be interesting to see him dealing with the Tusken jedi from the dark horse comics.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

I suppose, but chronologically speaking, those events would have happened prior to the Purge. Or did he go back to Tatooine to hide for 20 years too?

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast