Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 371

Thread: Obi Wan Trilogy

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I’m not expecting “adult” as CellBlock seems so hopeful for. Just a story and aesthetic tone that fuses seamlessly with RO's is all I’m asking fo— and likely possible. I’d love for an R-rated SW, but as long as Kathy is involved with SW, it’s non-stop kiddifying ad nauseam.
    By "adult", I just mean something that's a serious production, where the protagonists take the situations seriously and there isn't a ton of unnecessary "comic relief". If ever there was something didn't need comic relief, it's Star Wars. It's not that tense in the first place.

    I'm not looking for Star Wars, by way of Gaspar Noe or anything. Something more akin to 'Rogue One'. A space fantasy that's adult enough to appeal to me, but the nippers can enjoy it too.

    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    (BTW CellBlock, you may want to give TCW a(...or another) chance. Admittedly, it’s more drudge than goodness, but the good episodes are really solid, giving that much needed tone of the iconic Clone Wars a deserved realization. But then agin, since you loathe the animation-style, it may not be more than worth it to sit through for just a few measly morsels of goodness amongst a banquet of fast food LOL)


    Ah, I've tried. But, there's just too much bollox covering the relatively good stuff and as you know, the character style and animation just irks me.

    I've got some heavily fan edited versions knocking around. But even they're slog to get through, to be honest.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    The Empire would have to be sparse, but part of the fun could be Obi Wan avoiding 'Imperial entanglements' in a place like Anchorhead. He is 'the negotiator' and perhaps he is able to strike a truce between the Hutts and the Tuskens. Perhaps the Tuskens have a leader like the "Howlrunner Hett" storyline (a former jedi... )

    I could write 6 hours tonight and it would be awesome
    I really think this has POTENTIAL, man! For sure! I just hope, like said, they keep Obi-Wan on Tatooine, have no Sith and limited saber stuff, and limited Imperial content. I think there's plenty to work with there, including action, and it adheres to ANH most. I saw some folks campaigned for Obi-Wan to go off world and even fight Vader...wha?!

    But I'm glad you brought up a bit more to the Tuskin's than just murderous savages. I too though of this and thought of the Hett from the old (sadly written out of continuity...I much prefer them to the CW show...I even prefer the original animated CW show) Clone Wars comics. I thought about some ideas: Say, at first, he's basically at war with them for a time. Like with my initial idea, maybe they killed a moisture farming family he's staying with initially. This drastically effects him as this farmer and family taught him to harmonize with the desert, how to endure its harsh landscape and survive. He reached a peace with nature. But due to something I haven't come up with yet (witnessing from afar perhaps some kind deem of the young Luke Skywalker?), attempts to reason with them. What about, say, Obi-Wan comes out of his depression and sort of abandonment toward the force because of the recent destruction of the Jedi order via an interaction with the sand people? I would have them appear very tribal and foreign, extremely outwardly primal and intimidating. Perhaps have him entering into an encampment, very tense. But now he can sense their fear...their planet was overtaken by off world peoples. Their cultures, heritage, and beliefs disrespected. They don't feel as if they're doing wrong. It's just their nature, harsh, like the planet itself that Obi-Wan has grown to adapt to. Perhaps this tribe and Obi-Wan reach, without even a word spoken, a sort of mutual respect. Yes, admittedly, it has an American Indian metaphor to it, but you don't go Avatar. Perhaps Obi-Wan offers a peace token...maybe gives that medicine I mentioned in my initial idea to help a small Tuskin child now that the moisture farmer friend is dead, remembering the Jedi do not take revenge and returning back to his beliefs. It could cause a Tuskin civil war, still causing a conflict between more violent tribes and this newly enlightened one, but possibly this tribe comes to, although slightly fear...also worship the outsider with the sword of light. I came to this because I really like how it juxtapositions with what Anakin did with the Tuskin Raiders. It can really parallel that prequel scene in AOTC's, showing how much he and Anakin differ, a very poignant theme in ANH.

    I also like the idea of Obi-Wan seeing from a distance the Toshie Station kids having Skyhopper races and bullseyeing Womp rats, just to echo Anakin at the podrace. Even if it's just brief, perhaps makes Obi-Wan smile. Just giving the PT a bit more interconnection.

    I also do think a Krayt Dragon has to come in at some point, like I said, hence how he knows how to replicate its sound. And I've already touched on my ideas for Mos Eisley.
    Just some ideas...spit-balling here.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 08-16-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    By "adult", I just mean something that's a serious production, where the protagonists take the situations seriously and there isn't a ton of unnecessary "comic relief". If ever there was something didn't need comic relief, it's Star Wars. It's not that tense in the first place.

    I'm not looking for Star Wars, by way of Gaspar Noe or anything. Something more akin to 'Rogue One'. A space fantasy that's adult enough to appeal to me, but the nippers can enjoy it too.
    Absolutely!

    K2 is a very solid character who is funny and not just relegated to a “comic relief” (which in SW-term, usually means annoying and unfunny)… And that’s why he’s one of the best SW character ever. Luke tickling Rey with a leaf and her thinking she was in “touch” with the Force was cringe-inducing and unfunny: It’s like Full House/Saved By The Bell brand of middle-America “comedy” that Disney for some reason insists on... :sigh: Peppa Pig has more charm than that brand of tired slapstick.

    A trilogy won’t likely happen, as it would get really tedious for the masses— and that’s what Disney is producing these films for: The general public. Devoted nerds would go for a trilogy starring Tarkin if given the option, so they’re the worst audience to gauge at. Let the GOT duo tackle their Old Republic/pre-Prequel in a trilogy; which is likely just Game Of Thrones set in a galaxy far far away— and if not R-rated, then hopefully at least adult-ish. An Obi-Wan series…??? Frankly, The Mando and Cassian are enough OT-stories. I’d be more than content if these two series are the last OT-era stories ever produced. And post-Sequel, the Sequel-era is even more dire and pointless without a single redeeming potential. The only direction to go now is pre-Prequel with the GOT duo, if Disney wants SW to have any sort of relevance again in pop culture.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Absolutely!

    K2 is a very solid character who is funny and not just relegated to a “comic relief” (which in SW-term, usually means annoying and unfunny)… And that’s why he’s one of the best SW character ever. Luke tickling Rey with a leaf and her thinking she was in “touch” with the Force was cringe-inducing and unfunny: It’s like Full House/Saved By The Bell brand of middle-America “comedy” that Disney for some reason insists on... :sigh: Peppa Pig has more charm than that brand of tired slapstick.
    Doing "funny" is hard. Probably the hardest thing to do in films, to be honest. Next would be horror. But comedy always risks the chance of just not landing and all too often a huge amount of it is simply terrible. It often doesn't travel well either. What's funny, or "funny" more like, in America is usually met with stony silence on the other side of the Atlantic. That coupled with the fact that most directors are just not funny people and you have a recipe for disastrous characters and scenes than can destroy entire films (hello Jar Jar).

    K2SO works, though, because he's naive and gets confused at human logic. That kind of fish-out-of-water thing is comedy that will usually hit a lot of the audience, because we all get confused at human logic too. But, the humour isn't stupid and that's the key. It's also very subtle and never interferes with the tone of the over all piece.

    But there is this ridiculous insistence in Hollywood to insert "comic relief" where none is needed. Comic relief is an old Shakespearian tactic that he used to offset his drama. The likes of the drunken porter in 'MacBeth', who appears after the king is killed is an example, which for an audience of those days was a horrific experience to see on a stage. But, in something like Star Wars, the idea of comic relief is just barmy and completely unnecessary too, which should rely on its strange setting, intriguing alien characters and exciting and spectacular action sequences.

    Sure, you can insert the odd sarcastically funny line (like Han Solo's remarks), or oddly humorous occurrence (like Jabba's frog creature using his tongue to catch his meal outside the palace). But, when you start putting jokes (yo momma), or just flatly stupid characters ( General Hux) into the mix, you're on a hiding to nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    A trilogy won’t likely happen, as it would get really tedious for the masses— and that’s what Disney is producing these films for: The general public. Devoted nerds would go for a trilogy starring Tarkin if given the option, so they’re the worst audience to gauge at. Let the GOT duo tackle their Old Republic/pre-Prequel in a trilogy; which is likely just Game Of Thrones set in a galaxy far far away— and if not R-rated, then hopefully at least adult-ish. An Obi-Wan series…??? Frankly, The Mando and Cassian are enough OT-stories. I’d be more than content if these two series are the last OT-era stories ever produced. And post-Sequel, the Sequel-era is even more dire and pointless without a single redeeming potential. The only direction to go now is pre-Prequel with the GOT duo, if Disney wants SW to have any sort of relevance again in pop culture.


    No, there'll be no trilogy and that's good.

    In fact, I don't know if there are any plans to do another trilogy of films again, as far as Disney are concerned, not even for the GoT lads. Looking at the bad reactions to their sequel trilogy, I'd say they'd be loath to lock themselves into another series of films. I think the course of action, film-wise, will be to put out several one off's, with enough open endedness to prompt a possible sequel and, to be honest, that would be a prudent move on their behalf.

    But, they've clearly shown that they just don't have the writers to produce satisfying storylines that can hold a trilogy of movies. Ep VII and VIII have been pis poor with regards to their actual story, which has been non-existent.

    At this point, realistically looking at it all so far, Disney have one film under their belt that was well written. 'Rogue One'. The rest have been poor to awful.

    As far as an R rated Star Wars from the GoT lads, it never needs to go there. In fact, you could say that 'Game of Thrones' never really needed to go there either. To be honest, its se x scenes got a little eye roly at times. But, at least, they've shown that they can do drama sufficiently well and that suits me.

  5. #285
    Maybe, maybe not. I've always felt that Obi-Wan's story was done and told. If they do a straight retelling of Maul vs. Obi-Wan though, I'd be somewhat bored. Already seen it, twice...

    If they can make it interesting though, having Ewan back could be fun. We'll see.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

  6. #286
    I think a 6-8 episode mini series would work well. An ongoing series would not work for Obi-Wan between ROTS and ANH. The story could even stretch over a number of years as well, but it would need a basic storyline to make it all fit together.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

    I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    .....I came to this because I really like how it juxtapositions with what Anakin did with the Tuskin Raiders. It can really parallel that prequel scene in AOTC's, showing how much he and Anakin differ, a very poignant theme in ANH.

    I also like the idea of Obi-Wan seeing from a distance the Toshie Station kids having Skyhopper races and bullseyeing Womp rats, just to echo Anakin at the podrace. Even if it's just brief, perhaps makes Obi-Wan smile. Just giving the PT a bit more interconnection.
    There really is so much that could tie in. If this Obi Wan series does come to fruition they'd be crazy NOT to find a way to include stuff like Tuskens and Jabba. I know him being on Tatooine would be limiting for some director's "creativity", but it's a matter of fleshing out what is there and not creating a totally new thing. This is what should have happened with they did the new ST instead of 'making it their own thing'. Seeing how the Tusken clans survive or more of what Jabba's world is like could be really interesting. Little callbacks like you pointed out with Womp Rats are fun. It shows that whomever is writing or directing, they took the time to know the material.
    Last edited by keknivek; 08-19-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007


    http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

  8. #288
    I'd rather Jabba didn't turn up, to be honest. Because if he does, it'll be some sub par CGI mess that will only serve to interfere more with the great puppet version that we were introduced to in 1983.

    I can't bare the sight of those abominations in Lucas's bastardised 'Star Wars', or 'The Phantom Menace'. They're ****ing awful.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    There really is so much that could tie in. If this Obi Wan series does come to fruition they'd be crazy NOT to find a way to include stuff like Tuskens and Jabba. I know him being on Tatooine would be limiting for some director's "creativity", but it's a matter of fleshing out what is there and not creating a totally new thing. This is what should have happened with they did the new ST instead of 'making it their own thing'. Seeing how the Tusken clans survive or more of what Jabba's world is like could be really interesting. Little callbacks like you pointed out with Womp Rats are fun. It shows that whomever is writing or directing, they took the time to know the material.
    So agree! I really, honestly, truly will HATE it if it goes how many, many, many youtuber predictions want it to. For me, no off world. No Sith battles. None of that! I think it has to be sort of a very personal, spirit journey sort of story to really stay true to what ANH established. People say that'll be boring! I disagree, many ideas in here, not just mine, have proven there's a lot of action that CAN happen WHILE keeping him anchored to Tatooine and the ANH lore established. Now I will say, I agree with Cellblock on Jabba though. But I assume you likely do too. I think Jabba has to have a presence, but I also agree he doesn't have to physically appear. In fact, I don't think he should physically appear. Just show HOW powerful he is on Tatooine, how many connections he has, how much control he has, and how corrupt he is. That can be IMO easily done without him ever actually appearing. Jabba is actually one of my all-time favorite SW characters. And I'd love to get a sort of firsthand view of the networks and industries he's created. It doesn't need him to ACTUALLY be there.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 08-19-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    ust begin with Obi-Wan and the twin right after Amidala’s death, and his plans to smuggle safely away. Pursued by the new Imperial agents, he’s aided by whatever is left of jedi. It’s a scenario that still maintains The Clone Wars/ Jedi Purge, that we never got to see in the Prequel. And take a cue from RO, with Obi-Wan meeting up and developing a bond with a team of doomed outcasts along the way.
    TBH, I probably wouldn't mind something along the lines of Jedi Purge. Especially if it meant seeing live action K'Kruhk on screen, possibly as one who assist Obi-Wan at some point. As well as maybe Dass Jennir and Kai Hudorra.

    I'm just not sure Him on Tatooine sipping blue milk and watching Luke from afar would be too exciting. Same as having adventures during TCW, which has been extensively covered whether one liked the show or not.

    If it will be a limited series, the adventures of him actually getting Luke to Tatooine may be more interesting.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •