Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi Wan Trilogy

Well the question has always been, what will be be about? Everyone assumes it'll cover him on Tatooine post Episode 3, but do we really know that? Granted I assumed the same and really that's what I want, but Ewan is still young enough that I really think he could still play ROTS era Obi-Wan and even, really, post-AOTC's but pre-ROTS Obi-Wan AKA Clone Wars era in live-action. Would they really go there though? Disney knows that the fans seem to like more the OT nostalgia sense, on average, so despite all my talk...it likely is moot. Just say, we don't really know it'll be about him on Tatooine, right? Unless I missed something...

But what I would be interested in...Tuskin Raider invasions, for sure. I'd be shocked if that doesn't happen in an episode. Also when saying "You'll never find a more retched give of scum and villainy" about Mos Eisley, it translates to he's clearly been there. You could show him in the city and the cantina, getting supplies, and some shenanigans go down. You could easily cameo some of the background cantina aliens, possibly even have some play a role, though having them know Obi-Wan at this point wouldn't make much sense. They could show Obi-Wan spying on a very young Luke, I suppose, perhaps T-16 Skyhopper races? I mean, if we're ever going to see that, it would be here. Not sure if they would want to go there with showing young Luke, but it could be only ever from a distance. Could show Anchorhead. Could show Toshie station. Could show Womp rats. But one thing I am CONVINCED of is, with this NEED to explain EVERYTHING in SW...no matter how inconsequential (looking at you, dice), I'm CONVINCED we will see a Krayt dragon sequence...and it'll die...thus explaining the skeleton. While it's silly to explain it, if the sequence is cool enough...I can roll with it.

Two things I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT? Darth Maul and Obi-Wan leaving the planet.

I would def. include a LOT of things. I think, over the course of the series, some time-jumps would occur. The first three episodes would take place one day after EPIII and span maybe a few weeks to the first month Obi-Wan is on Tatooine. The last three would potentially take place over a span of Luke at different ages, the final ending with Luke (never directly appearing but rather only from a distance) a year or so away from EPIV...mostly because I'd really want to sneak in a T-16 Skyhopper race sequence to parallel his fathers Podrace and Luke's piloting abilities.

On his way through the desert, upon his Eopie steed, he encounters a Krayt dragon. His steed is killed and there is a primal struggle. The dragon runs off, dying in the Dune Sea of the wounds Obi-Wan inflicted, Kenobi collapses of exhaustion to surely perish in the desert. On a routine harvesting venture, a moisture farmer named Ben discovers the former master and takes him to his shelter, nursing him to health and returning the belongings his beast of burden carried. Perhaps he establishes a bond with a family that lives there. He's taught of the lands, how to survive in this wasteland, achieves a level of peace and harmony with the nature and laws of Tatooine...and eventually discovers the savage Tuskin Raiders. He learns of their violent culture, who make genocidal attempts upon the lives of what they deem off-world invaders. Eventually, Ben and his family are attacked by these sand people. Only Obi-Wan has the abilities to hold them back. He's informed that he must go into the local spaceport, Mos Eisley, for medical supplies. Here sleazy alien scum and villainy ensues, action beats that potentially could even be tied to Jabba the Hutt's smuggling ring, and Obi-Wan ends up returning...only now too late. Ben's last words are of how the sand people will continue to raid dozens of homesteads and outposts. They will never stop, it's their nature. Anchorhead, Toshie Station, eventually Mos Eisley itself, and the Lars farm is directly in line. He is now the owner of the home and adopts that name of Ben. As the years pass, he forever oversees the welfare of the peoples, most especially the steadily growing Sywalker boy with which he was tasked. He hinders this secret invasions of the sand peoples time and time again and other aggressive forces like the Empire's regional governors and enforcement to leave the peoples, especially the boy, mostly gleefully ignorant. Obi-Wan Kenobi, now Ben Kenobi, has accepted his new nature...as the ever-watchful guardian, the urban legend Jedi protector of this growing child, the galaxies new hope. Its only hope.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 08-16-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

We'll see at the disney convention but this is like the millionth time a "legit source" has run with a obi wan rumor from some obscure star wars site since Disney bought Star Wars.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    Well the question has always been, what will be be about? Everyone assumes it'll cover him on Tatooine post Episode 3, but do we really know that? Granted I assumed the same and really that's what I want, but Ewan is still young enough that I really think he could still play ROTS era Obi-Wan and even, really, post-AOTC's but pre-ROTS Obi-Wan AKA Clone Wars era in live-action.
    Even though I think the prequels were absolute rubbish, which did as much damage to the over all Star Wars as the sequels have done, I wouldn't be too adverse to a live action Clone Wars era TV Show with Ewan as Kenobi and even Christiansen back as Anakin, who also still has the looks to reappear in that period. But, only if it's done seriously and well. It would certainly allow much more freedom for the spectacular, than a "stuck on Tatooine hiding from the Empire" series.

Unfortunately, something like that is almost definitely not going to happen, because the cartoon exists, which stymies any hope for a proper adult series along the same lines.

The absolute worst case scenario is a series that has him tackling stormtroopers, facing off with Imperial baddies and heading off to other planets and making a nuisance of himself, because that will do further damage to the Star Wars lore surrounding the character.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Even though I think the prequels were absolute rubbish, which did as much damage to the over all Star Wars as the sequels have done, I wouldn't be too adverse to a live action Clone Wars era TV Show with Ewan as Kenobi and even Christiansen back as Anakin, who also still has the looks to reappear in that period. But, only if it's done seriously and well. It would certainly allow much more freedom for the spectacular, than a "stuck on Tatooine hiding from the Empire" series.

Unfortunately, something like that is almost definitely not going to happen, because the cartoon exists, which stymies any hope for a proper adult series along the same lines.

The absolute worst case scenario is a series that has him tackling stormtroopers, facing off with Imperial baddies and heading off to other planets and making a nuisance of himself, because that will do further damage to the Star Wars lore surrounding the character.
    I'm fine with some imperial occupancy in Mos Eisley, but that's it. Consider it more like a Spinter Cell game, its not about going in guns blazing...instead covert. You see them, they can't see you! It could parallel how he's so good at mind tricks and how he got around so secretively on the death star, he's been doing it in Mos Eisley. But imperial anything if it's POST-ROTS era should be VERY minimal at MOST in an Obi-Wan's story pre-ANH. And I want NOTHING Sith! Noooooo Maul! This period is NOT about that! Honestly, if he goes off planet, meets Maul or some Sith, and has major scuffles with the Empire, they truly don't understand ANH as a film. I want it about him losing his will for a time, becoming essentially a farmer, but slowly becoming connected to the force again through a series of natural occurrences like dealings with and losing moisture farmer friends, scum and villainy aliens, and attacks from tuskin raiders alongside his closeted overseeing Luke like I mentioned in my plot idea.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 08-16-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Having this be a series with Obi Wan on Tatooine seems perfect to me. I don't need planet hopping and space battles and lightsabers. In my opinion 6 hours would be perfect to do a story of that includes Obi Wan being alone and losing heart while keeping a distant watch on happenings around the Lars Family. I wouldn't include anything about Luke or the Lars family but would show the homestead once from a distant so we see that he's on mission. Show a young blonde boy near the homestead and be done with that.

There are some keys to Obi Wan: He doesn't like to fly. Doesn't like blasters (uncivilized). He wouldn't be using his lightsaber much if at all because he's not interested in being found to be a jedi. He knows a decent amount about Tusken Raiders (not precise shooters, hide their numbers, don't usually slaughter jawas). He has clearly been to Mos Eisley. He's become decent at mind tricks. He's learned to become one with the force. I'd base the entire story on the Mythos Obi Wan statue which is absolutely brilliant.

I think the Maul story is played out and Rebels finished it.

Anchorhead, Tosche Station, Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace, even Mos Espa would give long time fans a real addition to the saga like Rogue One. The ST, whether you enjoyed the movies or not certainly connected to the OT. Yes, the PT had better tech (easily glossed over with the ragtag rebels not having all the money that we see from Coruscant and Naboo... The Tantive IV was pretty PT in style compared to say... the Falcon) A Krayt Dragon could be involved somehow... perhaps the Tuskens have one or Jabba does?

The Empire would have to be sparse, but part of the fun could be Obi Wan avoiding 'Imperial entanglements' in a place like Anchorhead. He is 'the negotiator' and perhaps he is able to strike a truce between the Hutts and the Tuskens. Perhaps the Tuskens have a leader like the "Howlrunner Hett" storyline (a former jedi... )

I could write 6 hours tonight and it would be awesome
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

I'm fine with some imperial occupancy in Mos Eisley,
    Sure, Imperials can be in it. But that's about it. It would be odd, to say the least, if they weren't. But Tatooine was a backwater planet, with a very low Imperial foothold. So, there shouldn't be loads of them either. However, if he gets out the old lightsaber and starts hacking them up. Then no.

Honestly, if he goes off planet, meets Maul or some Sith, and has major scuffles with the Empire, they truly don't understand ANH as a film.
    Agreed. They have to stay in line with what has come before (or after in timeline terms). But, if he does any of that rubbish, I'll just consign the whole thing to my Legends bin and forget about it.

Sure, Imperials can be in it. But that's about it. It would be odd, to say the least, if they weren't. But Tatooine was a backwater planet, with a very low Imperial foothold. So, there shouldn't be loads of them either. However, if he gets out the old lightsaber and starts hacking them up. Then no.

Agreed. They have to stay in line with what has come before (or after in timeline terms). But, if he does any of that rubbish, I'll just consign the whole thing to my Legends bin and forget about it.
    Agreed 100%. I'm fine with him using his saber on perhaps non-basic speaking nomadic things like animals or even Tuskin's, but he should NOT use it any more than sparingly. In fact, I was thinking of a really awesome set-up for a scene when he's in Mos Eisley, getting some sort of supplies, and some shady business dealings go down. Perhaps like my loose plot idea where he needs medical supplies, tie that loosely to Jabba having a monopoly on vital goods. He's held at gunpoint or something and the whole scenario becomes defeating these scumbag alien smuggler guys, STOPPING a notable confrontation that will attract attention, AVOIDING THEM informing imperials (because one may catch him preforming a force ability...and sees a quick cash in thus now having to stop that informant from reaching the Imperials) whilst also avoiding Imperial notice himself on TOP of having to get the supplies he requires and all...without...a lightsaber. Essentially an extremely suspenseful "Don't get caught..." scuffle almost heist and race against the clock scene. We've never really had anything like that in SW.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 08-16-2019 at 01:25 PM.

I have no idea why the powers that be (hello Kathy babe and her useless story group!) are so clueless to the potential of a solid Obi-Wan story right before their noses. Maybe not a trilogy— I’d happily settle for a single film, as long as it’s tightly edited and richly expended on: Qualities that are all but missing in nuSW, except for the superior RO. Less is more works rather well in this case.

Bring Gareth (and Tom) back to write and tell a simple story of Obi-Wan’s trails and tribulations in getting the twins to the sanctuary destination of Tatooine. But let’s leave out Tatooine; my God, enough with this setting already. And skirmishes with Tuskens are as banal at this point as Anakn/Amidala’s “love story”.

Just begin with Obi-Wan and the twin right after Amidala’s death, and his plans to smuggle safely away. Pursued by the new Imperial agents, he’s aided by whatever is left of jedi. It’s a scenario that still maintains The Clone Wars/ Jedi Purge, that we never got to see in the Prequel. And take a cue from RO, with Obi-Wan meeting up and developing a bond with a team of doomed outcasts along the way.

It’s a long long way to Tatooine from wherever he started from. This is a good time as any to introduce the obligatory but all-essential planet-hopping; Perhaps we can even visit Jeda— in all its legendary splendour before the ruined shell it was by the time of RO. And we can smartly end with sole survivors Obi-Wan and the twins on remote and forgotten Tatooine. It’s the journey that matters, not the mundane going-ons post-journey.

I’m not expecting “adult” as CellBlock seems so hopeful for. Just a story and aesthetic tone that fuses seamlessly with RO's is all I’m asking fo— and likely possible. I’d love for an R-rated SW, but as long as Kathy is involved with SW, it’s non-stop kiddifying ad nauseam.

(BTW CellBlock, you may want to give TCW a(...or another) chance. Admittedly, it’s more drudge than goodness, but the good episodes are really solid, giving that much needed tone of the iconic Clone Wars a deserved realization. But then agin, since you loathe the animation-style, it may not be more than worth it to sit through for just a few measly morsels of goodness amongst a banquet of fast food LOL)

Deadline reports they were premature in their report...that Ewan is still in talks and has not signed.

This is correct. All of it.

If an Imperial gets word to Vader of a lightsaber it's game over, so that clearly can't happen in this show. I guess he c o u l d go off planet in between Ep III and IV if this is set immediately after III, but Vader is hunting down jedi and Obi Wan isn't just any jedi... he would be fairly recognizable to some and Vader would be using everything to find him.

Yeah, no. NO off-planet stuff for him in that time frame.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast