Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi Wan Trilogy

I just realized, they could do some young Obi-Wan and bring back Liam Neeson.
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

Mind: BLOWN
    If you give me money, I will blow it on more action figures than you could possibly imagine.

Only if McGregor is back.
    Another actor wouldn't make any sense unless it's a movie about kid/teenage Obi-Wan (and let us hope this isn't the case)

It's a mixed bag for me. On one hand, it just seems like an easy way for them to make a buck. rehashing old characters. Then there's the fact that I liked Obi-Wan, until the PT turned him into this character we didn't think he was.
    In a sense I feel his story is done, time to move on. The biggest reason I don't like watching prequel material. Is the simple fact that the character is never in danger, as you already know his outcome.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeeeee View Post
    My God.....are they going to water down Star wars the way they watered down Marvel. UGH!!!!! Please say it isn't so!!!!
    Marvel? Watered down? I think you've been watching different movies than I have, or somehow have traveled to the future and witnessed Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, the Netflix shows, and more to come to that conclusion.

I honestly always wanted MORE Star Wars. Sure they could drop some duds on us, but they could also put out some really fun stuff. It's like that classic song says, you take the good, you take the bad, and there you have, the facts of life.
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

This is why I ate up so much of the EU. There were plenty of duds in there, too (practically the entire run of Dark Horse's REBELLION was painful in writing and art, particularly following the enjoyable end of the EMPIRE run, and even much of the Brian Wood "Star Wars" grated on me with Angry Noob Luke and Seasoned Veteran Wedge), but lots of fun stuff like both LEGACY runs, the Thrawn Trilogy, the Jedi Knight games, KOTOR games, KOTOR comics, etc.

While I'm not terribly crazy about the notion of a whole trilogy about Obi-Wan's 19 years in (or out of) the desert, but "more Star Wars" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Hell, I wish they'd air DETOURS, too; only idiots would confuse it for REBELS, and it can't hurt the 'image' of Vader & the Empire more than the ridiculously-terrible aim of the stormies of REBELS already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    only idiots would confuse it for REBELS
    Kids might though. Detours sounds meh to me anyways. There's already enough Star Wars parody out there

Idiot kids. One is about a group of rebels having adventures around the galaxy; one is a parody that's all-comedy, all-the-time with a broad-shouldered Vader, tiny Palpatine, some tiny stormtroopers, tiny Leia with giant hair-buns, Han Solo, Lando, Sleazy Obi-Wan, etc all bumbling around in comedic situations. Night & day. And because it's by the Robot Chicken guys, it's Star Wars parody I still wanna see.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    Idiot kids. One is about a group of rebels having adventures around the galaxy; one is a parody that's all-comedy, all-the-time with a broad-shouldered Vader, tiny Palpatine, some tiny stormtroopers, tiny Leia with giant hair-buns, Han Solo, Lando, Sleazy Obi-Wan, etc all bumbling around in comedic situations. Night & day. And because it's by the Robot Chicken guys, it's Star Wars parody I still wanna see.
    Yeah that sounds dreadful.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast