Thread: Stride Rite shoes, box,etc. need value quickly

Stride Rite shoes, box,etc. need value quickly

Can anyone tell me what this pair of Boxed Stride Rite shoes, header card and bag would value at? I'm trying to figure out a good offer and need a value As soon as possible before the seller changes their mind.
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

In my experience, this is the toughest style in the set (besides boots). I think $40-50 is fair, but I lost an auction for a pair around $65 recently (I just wanted the original sales receipt), and I don't think $75 would be unreasonable.

Todd
    Todd Chamberlain (todd@toychamber.com - e-mail preferred over private messages)
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive (www.theswca.com)
    Collecting vintage Star Wars action figure items, Lili Ledy, vintage store displays, clothing, bedding, food-related promo items, and much more!

So, what happened???

Todd
    Collecting vintage Star Wars action figure items, Lili Ledy, vintage store displays, clothing, bedding, food-related promo items, and much more!

it was actually an auction and they sold for like $220
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

OMG I have never heard of any of the star wars shoes fetching prices that high (not that I check very often either lol). Just speaking personally, as a fan of the off-beat oddball items like this, I would have been in for $100 but no more than that.

Wow, yeah, crazy high. Off eBay auction? I can't seem to turn it up with any searches. As I noted, definitely the hardest pair of sneakers from the Stride Rite line, but $100 has been a pretty consistent max on any of the shoes. There were a couple old store finds a few years ago that leveled things out a bit for Clark's, although those will be thinning out again soon.

Todd

Did those cards come with them?

I have some cards that look identical but thought they were from an Australian (gas station?) offer.
    Wanted: TIE Pilots- ESB-C Baggie/ Rare Foreign MOCs/Prototypes
    Check out our podcast: http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/

Looks like they took it down, but here's the site Catalog
    final value $221
    Last edited by ThorOakenfelder; 12-10-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Grant, the artwork is the same (it was used frequently on products from that era). The Aussie gas station premiums are stickers and a set of five if I remember correctly. They were from Golden Fleece. The ones that came with the stride rite shoes are punch outs on card stock that could be stood up in the falcon's Hoth hanger backdrop that is the inside of the shoe box for "hours" of play fun.

Thank you Duncan. The pursuit for 3 more Aussie gas station stickers continues.
    Wanted: TIE Pilots- ESB-C Baggie/ Rare Foreign MOCs/Prototypes
    Check out our podcast: http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/