Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Walgreens

I would like a list of states the Boba Fett has been found in.Has there been any sightings in the south east?

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    I would like a list of states the Boba Fett has been found in.Has there been any sightings in the south east?
    sure, the Arizona scalper has 14 Fetts for sale fro $65 each from a three state radius...check his ebay listings

This post has some interesting information: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1111282-99/#post19463501

Walgreens may be clamping down as it seems stores are getting talked to about selling these "early".

Both stores that I found the figures at so far also carried the 3.75" line.

Well I must have been really lucky today, I found 2 sandtroopers (BP), Chewbacca, and Boba Fett this morning at 2 differnt Walgreens. At my first stop I found 1 sandtrooper hanging on a peg, asked the manager if they had anymore she looked and said no. My second stop none on the pegs, but a clerk checked the totes for me in the back and brought out Chewie, Boba and 1 sandtrooper. I thanked him and told him, "brother these are like gold", he kinda knew already with the calls he has been getting. Good luck everyone.

I finally found some black series at Walgreens last night, so here are some tips:

1. Go at a time when they aren't too busy. Late night probably works best. They will be more likely to help if they are bored or don't have anything else to do.

2. Check the aisles first. Look through the toys and especially at the top shelf risers along all the aisles. I found some like this:

3. If you don't see them on the aisle, ask an employee (most likely a manager will have to do it) if they will check if they have an item in stock. Tell them you have the WIC number for the item which is 352867. This is the number for all of the black series figures and will let you know if they have any including Proto Fett.

4. If it shows they have them, and they aren't on the shelves, they are in the back in totes labeled RST for reset. Some stores are putting them out as they get them or have time, and others are waiting for the holiday reset.

5. Now you have to turn on the charm and nicely ask them if they would go in the back and pull them out for you. It will depend on the employee, how busy they are, how friendly you are, etc. If they don't want to, you can always come back later when a different shift is working.

6. Be polite! These people are making minimum wage and don't really care if you get your Star Wars toys or not. If you're friendly though, they'll be more likely to help.

Early hiccups aside, I think there could be a bright future for these Walgreens exclusives. And if not exclusives, I hope this experiences convinces them to carry the Black Series in the future.
    Blog: A New Hopeless Reviewer (anewhopelessreviewer.tumblr.com)

I am 50 miles from San Antonio, Tx and have 1 Walgreens.....went looking last 2 days and nada; today, found one white fett, one sandtrooper and Chewie - no luke no vader. They were really nice there. Retail is $20 each which was nice. I expected a markup
    Original trilogy fan!

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    I am 50 miles from San Antonio, Tx and have 1 Walgreens.....went looking last 2 days and nada; today, found one white fett, one sandtrooper and Chewie - no luke no vader. They were really nice there. Retail is $20 each which was nice. I expected a markup
    Congrats on the finds, I'm sure if they started selling them at a markup corporate would become even more furious. I don't think these stores are supposed to be selling these in the first place. I've heard that corporate has already cracked the whip and a lot of places are starting to turn people away until their resets.

Quote Originally Posted by StormtrooperFX View Post
    Early hiccups aside, I think there could be a bright future for these Walgreens exclusives. And if not exclusives, I hope this experiences convinces them to carry the Black Series in the future.

I could see Walgreen's bring the new Kmart, with one on almost every corner and little fear it would be closing down soon.
    "Pain don't hurt" James Dalton in Roadhouse 1989

Page 1 of 113 1231151101 ... LastLast