Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Walgreens

Quote Originally Posted by jalthe1andonly View Post
    Don't believe a word a manager tells you regarding these. I called three local stores two days ago and the manager "supposedly" looked these up and told me they didn't have them and that no stores around here had them or even showed them on order. I walked in tonight just to see and sure enough, there sat a new sandtrooper on the shelf. So they have them. They are just too damn lazy to either go look or they are saving them for themselves and telling people bull**** stories. Next time a Walgreens employee asks if they can help me, i'm going to say, yes....please tell me why your employees and managers are liars?
    I think the appropriate saying for this is, "Your mileage may vary" or "Give them the benefit of the doubt."

I encountered the polar opposite reaction.

When I went into the store, I was shown the monitor and indeed less than half the stores showed the WIC as in stock. But she pulled a bunch of the local stock to her store at my request, and let me choose what I wanted. She then put the rest on the shelf.

That may have happened here.

The tool I used to get ladies to look for me was I brought my three year old out with me and told them I would complete a customer service survey for them! Then they were all eager!

Don't believe a word a manager tells you regarding these. I called three local stores two days ago and the manager "supposedly" looked these up and told me they didn't have them and that no stores around here had them or even showed them on order. I walked in tonight just to see and sure enough, there sat a new sandtrooper on the shelf. So they have them. They are just too damn lazy to either go look or they are saving them for themselves and telling people bull**** stories. Next time a Walgreens employee asks if they can help me, i'm going to say, yes....please tell me why your employees and managers are liars?

And this is the kind of rude behavior that gives adult collectors a reputation. So eventually walgreens will have a collectables policy so they don't have to deal with the big man babies throwing tantrums to get a toy that will depreciate in value faster than a new car....

Quote Originally Posted by vanpatten View Post
    Congrats on the finds, I'm sure if they started selling them at a markup corporate would become even more furious. I don't think these stores are supposed to be selling these in the first place. I've heard that corporate has already cracked the whip and a lot of places are starting to turn people away until their resets.
    Really? Is there an official release date? Entertainment Earth has theirs as arriving Sept, so that seems about right!
    3.75" line = still my fav way to collect SW figs!

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    Really? Is there an official release date? Entertainment Earth has theirs as arriving Sept, so that seems about right!
    I think that he is referring to the proto Fett
    Que la Fuerza te acompańe
    Wants: 3.75" TFA Nien Nunb, Squad Leader Stormie
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade and FS List

Quote Originally Posted by AaylaSecurasMan View Post
    I think that he is referring to the proto Fett
    I see.......had no idea that he was not to be released yet; nor did any of the employees......got my one....!
    3.75" line = still my fav way to collect SW figs!

Well, there's definitely no conspiracy to keeping these out of collector hands. I live in Memphis, where laziness knows no boundaries. I found the stores in the better parts of town of course to MUCH MUCH more helpful and some of the other spots… I didn't even bother because it was clear that saying Boba Fett was obviously going to be just another language barrier… any way enough about Memphis.

Ask nicely in person from a manager for a list of where you can give Walgreen's your money for these products. They may have them at your first location.

They might not initially care to go digging, you may have to push, you may have to say… PLEASE of all things. If they don't have what you're looking for thank them for their time… tell them you appreciate the effort.

Moving on… the next store...

Use the list very overtly, ask for a manager. They dress the nicest and should care the most about you spending money with them. Never assume they are a manager though...always ask… just seems more polite… and less abrupt before you drop a mindf%$K on them like showing them with your hands how big a prototbobawookie you are looking for. Ease them in...

Explain your situation and that you are aware of the fall reset and that you show these items (on your list clenched and wrinkled in your left hand) to be on hand and were referred by another store.

Be very up front that you hate to ask for something like this but it is important to you and you'd gladly spend your money with them being you have probably been to several stores.

I always find that being easy to deal with makes it easier for them to give in and do your bidding… Coming in sweaty and pissed that you've been to every Walgreens in town just makes you sound like a smurf. <<wink>>

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSummit View Post
    Well, there's definitely no conspiracy to keeping these out of collector hands. I live in Memphis, where laziness knows no boundaries. I found the stores in the better parts of town of course to MUCH MUCH more helpful and some of the other spots… I didn't even bother because it was clear that saying Boba Fett was obviously going to be just another language barrier… any way enough about Memphis.

Ask nicely in person from a manager for a list of where you can give Walgreen's your money for these products. They may have them at your first location.

They might not initially care to go digging, you may have to push, you may have to say… PLEASE of all things. If they don't have what you're looking for thank them for their time… tell them you appreciate the effort.

Moving on… the next store...

Use the list very overtly, ask for a manager. They dress the nicest and should care the most about you spending money with them. Never assume they are a manager though...always ask… just seems more polite… and less abrupt before you drop a mindf%$K on them like showing them with your hands how big a prototbobawookie you are looking for. Ease them in...

Explain your situation and that you are aware of the fall reset and that you show these items (on your list clenched and wrinkled in your left hand) to be on hand and were referred by another store.

Be very up front that you hate to ask for something like this but it is important to you and you'd gladly spend your money with them being you have probably been to several stores.

I always find that being easy to deal with makes it easier for them to give in and do your bidding… Coming in sweaty and pissed that you've been to every Walgreens in town just makes you sound like a smurf. <<wink>>
    Lol nothing on the shelves in Whitehaven, staff clueless
    "Pain don't hurt" James Dalton in Roadhouse 1989

Jabbabon, you can step off! FYI my wife was the one who called and was very polite to all the employees she spoke to. I'm just tired of getting the runaround and being outright lied to by people who can't be bothered to DO THEIR JOB! It's this exclusive/limited crap that is slowly ruining this hobby. I've been collecting Star Wars, Hot Wheels and a number of other lines for the last 30+ years. If stores can't be bothered to handle the questions and inquiries regarding their own exclusives, then they shouldn't offer them in the first place! If that is considered being a "man-baby", then i guess they will just have to reap it. If they want to lie to customers, then they can deal with my attitude!

how can i get an employee to show me that screen that shows the stores and the # on hand (or on order, etc.?)

i've had even managers tell me they can't view what other stores have in stock on the computer. are they just stupid? lying? maybe lazy?

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast