Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1139

Thread: Walgreens

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybeck1 View Post
    I could see Walgreen's bring the new Kmart, with one on almost every corner and little fear it would be closing down soon.
    Fingers crossed. It'll be way more convenient for me, as there aren't too many TRUs, Walmarts, or Targets close by me. I'd be even happier with CVS exclusives, but now that I've been in Walgreens a few times, I'm liking it.
    Blog: A New Hopeless Reviewer (anewhopelessreviewer.tumblr.com)

  2. #12
    Sub-Lieutenant djrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Florida


  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by StormtrooperFX View Post
    Early hiccups aside, I think there could be a bright future for these Walgreens exclusives.
    I hope not, this would totally blow for us international people every time a new exclusive pops up there.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by StormtrooperFX View Post
    Early hiccups aside, I think there could be a bright future for these Walgreens exclusives. And if not exclusives, I hope this experiences convinces them to carry the Black Series in the future.
    It's only because they basically have a wave to themselves, and a nice wave with iconic characters at that. If they continue carrying BS after the exclusive times out, they'll just end up with every other retailer that carries this line eventually: stuck with a selection of figures they can't sell.

  5. #15
    Also, they haven't fulfilled preorders despite definitely having stock. Bad form.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
    Also, they haven't fulfilled preorders despite definitely having stock. Bad form.
    I "think" the issue with this, is because these are wave5 figures plus Boba (8 figure case) which came through a different distribution and meant only for stores, and "solid cases" of Boba will be shipped to Walgreens for the online orders, and Walgreens hasn't received that shipment yet, so they can't mail out what they don't have!!! Personally, I wouldn't call it bad form, just unfortunate timing for those who want it sooner than they are receiving it!!!
    Scalpers are people too!!!

    My Feedback:
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097325/

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Bones View Post
    I "think" the issue with this, is because these are wave5 figures plus Boba (8 figure case) which came through a different distribution and meant only for stores, and "solid cases" of Boba will be shipped to Walgreens for the online orders, and Walgreens hasn't received that shipment yet, so they can't mail out what they don't have!!! Personally, I wouldn't call it bad form, just unfortunate timing for those who want it sooner than they are receiving it!!!
    I think you might be right about this. Or at least it's probably something similar to what you speculate. The figures that viperskingdom has been selling are probably from the same source as the figures that are showing up now at Walgreens.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan_Kenevin View Post
    I think you might be right about this. Or at least it's probably something similar to what you speculate. The figures that viperskingdom has been selling are probably from the same source as the figures that are showing up now at Walgreens.
    I think we all anticipated that Boba Fett would show up on Walgreens shelves with Wave 5, just not this soon. I also think Target can't be pleased that Walgreens is the exclusive retailer of Wave 5 right now. I suppose it's probably Hasbro's SNAFU for not just sending Walgreens case lots of just the PT Fett first, then. The figure is made, so it just comes down to how the cases are packed...could've been handled better.

  9. #19
    Don't believe a word a manager tells you regarding these. I called three local stores two days ago and the manager "supposedly" looked these up and told me they didn't have them and that no stores around here had them or even showed them on order. I walked in tonight just to see and sure enough, there sat a new sandtrooper on the shelf. So they have them. They are just too damn lazy to either go look or they are saving them for themselves and telling people bull**** stories. Next time a Walgreens employee asks if they can help me, i'm going to say, yes....please tell me why your employees and managers are liars?

  10. #20
    This is a Memphis TN list.



    Here's the list I was given today by a nice lady in Germantown. the biggest problem is the variety of star wars stuff they've got under the WIC# we've all been using. So for anyone who got something ordered for them I hope you don't get a case of 20" Darth Mauls.

    These locations that are boxed are ones I stopped at and actually picked up something. Actually #3 I didnt buy anthing since all they had was 2 Boba Fetts and a Sand Trooper.

    #6 I picked up 1 Chewbacca… almost more as a thank you to the lady for digging at all.

    #7 I picked up a Luke, Boba Fett, & Chewbacca.

    So in the end I'm still looking to snag a Darth Vader.. I'd really like 2 so I can experiment with the helmet and cape.

    In that interest I've got a Chewbacca and Boba Fett to trade if anybody's got an extra Vader in the Memphis Area.

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •