Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiya Toys: Aliens

Hiya Toys: Aliens

Thought I'd create a separate thread for Hiya Toys' 1/18 (3.75") scale of aliens. I just ordered the Lurker and Soldier from BBTS and may preorder the Spitter and Boiler if the quality is what I hope it is. Does anyone else have any interest in or experience with these figures? There's been talk of Hiya expanding the line and making Colonial Marines down the road.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Alien Lurker 4
    Wish List: Vedain, Velken, Barada, Yotts Orren, Barge Weequay, Shasa Tiel, Geezum, Gauron Nas Tal, Fozec, Tessek, Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Mercenary Pilot, Gailid, human skiff guard, Pote. (Underlined figure needs update).

On the verge of getting these..but really want to see the marines before I get carried away. They look terrific...but if they can get some human army builders that look as good, then I'm all in.

$22.99 isn't bad. He's well articulated. He's in the scale for 3.75 inch figures, but he's about 5 inches tall, himself. I want the LURKER alien. I saw 4 reviews on Youtube. The best review was by Pixel Dan. I am totally going to put this on my TO BUY list!
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 08-10-2014 at 12:49 AM.

I'm simply excited by the fact that we are finally seeing some good looking Alien figures in this scale. Something tells me, though, that if I wait till we see some marines and they turn out great, then the aliens will sell out quickly, even at that price point. I'd rather just get a few now.
    Wish List: Vedain, Velken, Barada, Yotts Orren, Barge Weequay, Shasa Tiel, Geezum, Gauron Nas Tal, Fozec, Tessek, Lobot, Bib Fortuna, Mercenary Pilot, Gailid, human skiff guard, Pote. (Underlined figure needs update).

We had the MICROMAN Aliens line. Have you seen those? They are very much the same, and I would buy the one at Edward McKay's if it weren't $45, but they are/were cheaper at HLJ.com
    http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?q...d=Microman&c=c
    and they have the famous jaw tongue http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK59212/Act
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 08-10-2014 at 11:34 AM.

These just don't do it for me. Why would I pay more than a NECA xenomorph for something even smaller? Plus, I REALLY don't like thinking about/remembering Colonial Marines. Besides the Lurker and Warrior all the designs were stupid anyways!
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Rogue, Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    We had the MICROMAN Aliens line. Have you seen those? They are very much the same, and I would buy the one at Edward McKay's if it weren't $45, but they are/were cheaper at HLJ.com
    "Aliens" | HobbyLink Japan
    and they have the famous jaw tongue MA-13 Microman Alien Warrior by Takara | HobbyLink Japan
    Hmmm I hadn't seen those before. So they even made 3.75" Predators as well. They're not bad but definitely more than I'd pay.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentClaret View Post
    These just don't do it for me. Why would I pay more than a NECA xenomorph for something even smaller? Plus, I REALLY don't like thinking about/remembering Colonial Marines. Besides the Lurker and Warrior all the designs were stupid anyways!
    I never played the video game but I heard awful things about it. I have some of the larger NECA stuff but I just couldn't turn down a few of these at this scale, even if they do cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksmasher View Post
    Hmmm I hadn't seen those before. So they even made 3.75" Predators as well. They're not bad but definitely more than I'd pay.
    they were cheaper than the Hiya stuff. 1000 Yen is about $10

I got the microman alien and predators, and spent a pretty penny on a squad of marines from the hot toys snap kit line. The Breakage on those was amazing, though.... so I'm desperately waiting to see the Hiya versions. I like smaller scale preferably... and cost is o.k, considering I'm not spending big on Star Wars anymore.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast