Page 3 of 1331 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Quote Originally Posted by StormtrooperFX View Post
    Medicom Stormtrooper. Any eagle-eyed Stormtrooper experts have any notes on the sculpt?

Medicom MAFEX Stormtrooper and Catwoman | TheFwoosh.com

I think the armour looks kind of messy, especially the crotch piece. Glad we got the TBS ANH Stormtrooper...

This is a signature.

I don't know where you're finding BS Stormtroopers for $17.50, but please share.
    BBTS has them for preorder at $55. If you have a link for $35 shipped, please let me know.

I was thinking about buying some of these foreign 6 inch figures but at $55 a shot ...no way when they don't even look as good as Hasbro $20 figure.

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoscosCave View Post
    BBTS has them for preorder at $55. If you have a link for $35 shipped, please let me know.
    These probably come out to like $22.49 per dude, shipped:

Star Wars 6" Black Series Stormtrooper Set of 4 Action Figures

I probably won't be buying any of the Japanese Star Wars figures. I have several Figuarts, and plan to get more, but they are all native Japanese designs and seem to come out nicer.

I may be interested in Batman, though.

I like the MAFEX Trooper fine, I prefer the BS6 by a slight degree, but if the Hasbro one had looked like that I would have been happy with it. The size difference is enough to make it look like it's from a separate line, so I wouldn't try to mix the two together. But the biggest red light for me is the price - I can't imagine how anyone could argue that they are enough better than the BS6 Troopers to justify the huge price difference.

As for the Vader, there are things I like and things I don't - much like the BS6 Vader. Without actually holding them in my hands, I'd say I have a slight preference for the MAFEX Vader over the BS6. I'll be interested to see some side-by-side shots to see if I could get away with mixing it in with my BS6 figures. If so, I might do it as long as the price doesn't go over $35 - and even then, the in-hand photos would have to look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoscosCave View Post
    Not shipped, but here are the best prices I could find. Obviously, like with BBTS, you can save on shipping by combining orders.

~$34.50 @ amiami.com:
    AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | MAFEX No.010 MAFEX STORMTROOPER(Preorder)

~$33.50 @ biginjap.com
    Star Wars - MAFEX Stormtrooper - Big in Japan
    Blog: A New Hopeless Reviewer (anewhopelessreviewer.tumblr.com)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayBlue View Post
    If so, I might do it as long as the price doesn't go over $35 - and even then, the in-hand photos would have to look really good.
    Looks like BBTS will have them at $55 a pop (not including shipping), plus they have listed some height estimates:

Miracle Action Figure EX - MAFEX - No.006 Darth Vader - Star Wars MAFEX MAFEX
    Miracle Action Figure EX - MAFEX - No.010 Stormtrooper - Star Wars MAFEX MAFEX

So, for me $55 is too much for something that won't be in scale with the rest of the line I already have. Seem like nice collectibles on their own though.

Not shipped, but here are the best prices I could find. Obviously, like with BBTS, you can save on shipping by combining orders.

~$34.50 @ amiami.com:
    AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | MAFEX No.010 MAFEX STORMTROOPER(Preorder)

~$33.50 @ biginjap.com
    Star Wars - MAFEX Stormtrooper - Big in Japan
    Am I correct to assume these are Japanese sites that will high international shipping prices?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayBlue View Post
    Am I correct to assume these are Japanese sites that will high international shipping prices?
    Relatively high. If you have an order of 3 or 4 figures from them, shipping would probably be about $15 for registered/insured shipping. Less for uninsured, more for faster shipping. I buy a lot of figures from them anyway, so the shipping fees get spread relatively thin.

It also should be noted that even if you buy just one MAFEX Stormtrooper from Japan, it's still cheaper than buying from BBTS before shipping is added. And you'll receive it weeks earlier.
    Blog: A New Hopeless Reviewer (anewhopelessreviewer.tumblr.com)

Page 3 of 1331 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast