Page 2 of 1331 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Other 6" Star Wars Lines

The Mafex Stormie is nice. Looks like a ROTJ Stormie, but without having all the tells of the ROTJ Stormie. It's a combo. For now I'm not decided on it, waiting to see the price.

COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by xMClass View Post
    Armor looks pretty good. Helmet not so much. Sculpt is off a bit. Looks like they went for the ROTJ look. Mouth isn't supposed to be blue. But I'd say that sculpt is way better than Sideshow's ST. The best and most accurate Stormtrooper helmet sculpt is still Gentle Giant's Mini Busts.
    Yeah it does look off. Not sure until we see more pics.

I don't like the Mafex Stormtroopers at all. I am curious to see what Vader actually ends up looking like (I can't believe they'd make him the same size as the ST, so my bet is on a photoshop mistake).

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Elxsound View Post
    I don't like the Mafex Stormtroopers at all. I am curious to see what Vader actually ends up looking like (I can't believe they'd make him the same size as the ST, so my bet is on a photoshop mistake).
    Vader is listed at 170mm, or 6.7". The Stormtroopers are listed at 160mm, or 6.3". I'm hoping these are just an estimates, but they're probably not. MAFEX Batman and MAFEX Spider-Man were both around 6.3", so the MAFEX Stormtrooper will probably be a tad too tall too.
    Blog: A New Hopeless Reviewer (anewhopelessreviewer.tumblr.com)

They look like big dudes with small heads.
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsDad View Post
    They look like big dudes with small heads.
    Vader, yes. With the Stormtroopers, they're a bit tall, but I could definitely see someone's head fitting in one of those things. I still think it's better than the BS Stormtroopers overall but I'm probably gonna pass on them. Helmets could be bigger, but with the right posing, I could actually mistake the MAFEX Stormtrooper for a real person in uniform. Maybe a slightly inaccurate uniform, but still.

I prefer TBS one *shrugs

And at twice the price, couldn't be more of a pass

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoscosCave View Post
    I prefer TBS one *shrugs

Same.

I really like their Dark Knight Batman and Catwoman, but otherwise, I'm not a fan of these. I like the BS better. I cannot be pressed to $40 for this release. At that price it should be significantly better than the BS version, but right now it just looks like a variation, so they get no money from me for that release.

Quote Originally Posted by StormtrooperFX View Post
    Vader, yes. With the Stormtroopers, they're a bit tall, but I could definitely see someone's head fitting in one of those things. I still think it's better than the BS Stormtroopers overall but I'm probably gonna pass on them. Helmets could be bigger, but with the right posing, I could actually mistake the MAFEX Stormtrooper for a real person in uniform. Maybe a slightly inaccurate uniform, but still.
    the articulation on the BS6" makes it look attenuated. As for inaccuracies on this one..the most glaring being the ab buttons...almost looks like the ab plate is upside down??

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoscosCave View Post
    I prefer TBS one *shrugs

I don't know where you're finding BS Stormtroopers for $17.50, but please share.

Page 2 of 1331 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast