Page 1321 of 1331 FirstFirst ... 32182112211271131113191320132113221323 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,210 of 13307

Thread: Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Quote Originally Posted by RegJr View Post
    I am concerned that we are not going to see much from Bandai with regard to TROS. If you compare this movie to the last one, Bandai announced their movie offerings on September 1, and the rest of the year was devoted to the new movie. This time around, we have an OT release in September, two OT releases in October, nothing announced for November, and two ST releases for December. Is Bandai going to only release TROS figures in November? Or release TROS alongside the OT and ST offerings? Or wait until 2020? Or offer very little at all?

I'm concerned.

I may may be a little concerned too but keep in mind FF was earlier than last time. We have to wait until October to see what SHF has in store. I highly doubt they will ignore the release of a new SW episode and neglect the opportunity. TLJ figs may have had some issues selling but the Praetorians did rather well and wee likely overproduced. We see this time and again with SHF offerings. Too much stock and doesnít sell out so goes on sale later. Not enough stock and sells out. Itís simple supply and demand.

The Last Jedi figures were pretty lackluster to be honest. Rey was great, but Phasma, Kylo, and the FO Trooper were nearly the same as previous releases. The Praetorian was cool, but by releasing three of them (instead if one with three heads) Bandai flooded the market. They were trying too hard to make money off of pre-existing molds.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayBlue View Post
    The Last Jedi figures were pretty lackluster to be honest. Rey was great, but Phasma, Kylo, and the FO Trooper were nearly the same as previous releases. The Praetorian was cool, but by releasing three of them (instead if one with three heads) Bandai flooded the market. They were trying too hard to make money off of pre-existing molds.
    Kylo's outfit in TRoS is practically identical to his TLJ outfit. The only two exceptions being the cape with a hood and his reassembled helmet. This is just the kind of thing Bandai loves. I'm a sucker for completing the collection and Kylo happens to be my favourite character in the new trilogy. The three previous versions are all good in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PoesJacket View Post
    Kylo's outfit in TRoS is practically identical to his TLJ outfit. The only two exceptions being the cape with a hood and his reassembled helmet. This is just the kind of thing Bandai loves. I'm a sucker for completing the collection and Kylo happens to be my favourite character in the new trilogy. The three previous versions are all good in my opinion.
    I have two of the three Kylos (and I agree, if we get any SHF TRoS figures, Kylo will be one of them), but I can't see myself buying another unless it comes with a Adam Driver head that is clearly superior to the last one. I suppose it's possible that the movie will give me an affinity for the new mask to the point that I would consider getting one after the price drops. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by vadersvette View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for R2-Q2, even if he was only on screen for a split second. I'm working on my 2nd R2-Q2 now. After I finished the first one, I realized that the dome color is all wrong. It should be the same gray as the body, not silver. So I'm actually painting everything on my second kit. I found Tamiya TS-67 Sasebo Gray to be the closest match to the gray plastic the body is made from. (But I'm painting the body as well, since it doesn't match 100%.)

And I agree about the sticker for the dome. I haven't placed it on the new one yet, but I ended up ripping it on the first one.
    I just finished my second R2-Q2. Very happy with how this one came out. It's the one on the right.

Go for Papa Palpatine!

Vadersvette: Lovely! It looks like you followed the Black Series figure for your second one (like the differences in the back panels and the top of the dome). What was your reason for this? Is it more accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by samtheq View Post
    Vadersvette: Lovely! It looks like you followed the Black Series figure for your second one (like the differences in the back panels and the top of the dome). What was your reason for this? Is it more accurate?
    As far as I can tell, yes. Too bad he didn't have more screen time. Going frame by frame, it looked like the top of the dome is gray. And the black series, saga collection, and the artfx statue just had the two black panels on the back.
    Go for Papa Palpatine!

Does anyone know if the Bandai kit versions of 0-0-0 and BT 1 were Con exclusives or general releases?

It still amazes me that Bandai has never done IG-88 or Imperial Probe Droid (in 1/12 scale).
    I don't keep up with sales numbers, but I would certainly think that both of these would sell phenomenally.
    MTFBWY

Page 1321 of 1331 FirstFirst ... 32182112211271131113191320132113221323 ... LastLast