Page 1303 of 1313 FirstFirst ... 30380312031253129313011302130313041305 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,030 of 13125

Thread: Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Finally starting my Bandai Grievous.

One of my very few gripes with this kit is the length of the lightsaber blades.

The hilts are about the same length as Hasbro's (although thicker) but the blades are far too long.

While looking at the kit hilts I realized I had 2 green and 2 blue blades from the Dollar Store 6 inch figures.
    For those not familiar, Dollar Stores carried 6 inch Star Wars figures that had 5 points of articulation. Some were duds, some were quite good.

The C3PO was excellent, Darth Maul was pretty good for a static (standing still) version of Maul. Funny thing, the saber staff was virtually the same mold as Hasbro's, it even split in two.

Anyway, I took some pics comparing Hasbro's sabers with Bandai Grievous sabers, then with Bandai hilts with dollar store blades attached.
    One glaring issue is the dollar store blades are a much darker plastic, and a bit thicker than Hasbro's.
    Also, the peg is a tad too narrow for Bandai's hilt.
    I would like to shorten the Bandai blades, but I'm terrified of it going wrong and not having replacements.

I haven't painted the Bandai hilts yet (and the Bandai hilt in pics is the one hilt with a slant at ignitor end, but if I use dollar store blades it would be simple to trim one blade to fit).

Whew...
    I wanted to know if anyone knows a way to shorten Bandai blades without "fogging up" the plastic where it is cut, or knows of similar shorter blades that would work.

Also, if anyone has idea on how to attach the dollar store blades (widen its narrow peg) that would not be permanent. In other words, I don't want to glue dollar store blades in.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or opinions.

MTFBWY

^ You could test your cutting technique on a piece of the sprue. You might be able to sand/buff the cut end to repair the fogged part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gree View Post
    ^ You could test your cutting technique on a piece of the sprue. You might be able to sand/buff the cut end to repair the fogged part.
    Thanks Gree.
    Been out of town for a few days, sorry for slow response.
    MTFBWY

Beautiful photos, GalaxyShot.
    MTFBWY

Ordered the AOTC figuarts Obi Wan from a third party seller on Amazon as I didn't have a decent Kenobi, and it was going cheap. The box with it in has been sitting sealed for a couple of weeks as I was waiting for my birthday today to open it.

opened it today... they've sent me the ROTS by mistake. I was never quite impressed by pictures of this one, but in hand I'm really blown away by it. What does everyone think? Lucky bonus, or am I missing out on a better figure?

Quote Originally Posted by OxnardMontalvo View Post
    Ordered the AOTC figuarts Obi Wan from a third party seller on Amazon as I didn't have a decent Kenobi, and it was going cheap. The box with it in has been sitting sealed for a couple of weeks as I was waiting for my birthday today to open it.

opened it today... they've sent me the ROTS by mistake. I was never quite impressed by pictures of this one, but in hand I'm really blown away by it. What does everyone think? Lucky bonus, or am I missing out on a better figure?
    The AOTC Obi-Wan is the weakest SHF Obi-Wan in my opinion. It's not horrible but the facesculpt doesn't quite nail the likeness like TPM, ROTS and ANH Obi-Wans.
    Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director...

My Feedback Thread

^ Agreed! You actually lucked out! Zoe further confirmation check out a Fwoosh review.
    Go figure!

Page 1303 of 1313 FirstFirst ... 30380312031253129313011302130313041305 ... LastLast