Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Leia (Ceremonial Gown) Mini-Bust

^^^ love it LS! In fairness Sideshow are similar, I mean their big reveals for SDCC were 2 more Vader's, 2 more Boba's and 2 more Troopers, albeit one is a McQuarrie Stormie.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Nothing new, Kev. We've enjoyed a lot of what's been produced but it is an undeniable truth every GG collector finds himself/herself at some point going like this ....

I would've thought a celebration Han might have been a better choice now, if we have to have the same characters again as we have 2 Luke's on the way already but as we've had some unique offerings (Wedge & Porkins) I suppose I just got my hopes up too much that we'd see more. lol I'm sure Luke & Leia will both be nice busts though, all of the others are decent enough on the whole.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I don't understand why we can't get new characters (some that haven't been done). The only character "repeat" that I'd want to see would be the early armless busts redone with arms and a padawan Kenobi. I understand Luke, Han and Leia are the Star Wars trinity but I have the same problem with DC reproducing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman so much.
    king_marvel on gentle giant collectors forum

My feedback http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072337/

Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledjawa View Post
    I don't understand why we can't get new characters (some that haven't been done). The only character "repeat" that I'd want to see would be the early armless busts redone with arms and a padawan Kenobi. I understand Luke, Han and Leia are the Star Wars trinity but I have the same problem with DC reproducing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman so much.
    I don't understand it either. All of this keeps taking me back to my Hasbro years, and the so many Vader, Luke and Leia figures and blasters produced, almost within every new wave. Repetition becomes boring. The way I see it, collectibles are like intimacy in the bedroom: Variety creates interest, and New stands for excitement (that's what she said) ... but I don't think too many companies can grasp this concept.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    I don't understand it either. All of this keeps taking me back to my Hasbro years, and the so many Vader, Luke and Leia figures and blasters produced, almost within every new wave. Repetition becomes boring. The way I see it, collectibles are like intimacy in the bedroom: Variety creates interest, and New stands for excitement (that's what she said) ... but I don't think too many companies can grasp this concept.
    I really thought Gentle Giant were starting to wake up & realise repetition isn't the way when they offered up Wedge, Porkins & the Endor trooper, even Queen Amedala was a positive step I think..., I guess it's like Sideshow with their clone figures, they think they'll sell so chern the same things out over & over again, 10 Luke's is a bit of a record though.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

The only upside I see is there is a collector somewhere who is thrilled this version of Leia has now been made. Glad for that person but ill be passing on this one.
    Last edited by CaptainAlex; 07-26-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    Why aren't you like other kids? Break-dancing and wearing bell-bottoms and playing the Donkey Kongs?

True, I always notice people wanting more Luke's, Leia's, Vader's, etc..., & my first thought is WHY?!? But at the same time I seem to end up buying them all myself so I guess I'm not helping the situation with regards to wanting other unmade characters seeing the light of day.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Can see them releasing the ceremonial Leia, Luke & Chewbacca as ES of 1200 each.

Han being released last being an exclusive limited to 30 pieces. (Sorry, call me cynical)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthWenger View Post
    Can see them releasing the ceremonial Leia, Luke & Chewbacca as ES of 1200 each.

Han being released last being an exclusive limited to 30 pieces. (Sorry, call me cynical)
    You can guarantee one of them will have a low edition size, they did the same with the ESB Han's & Leia's..., both Leia's had a decent enough release (over 1,000) but the 2nd Han only had a release of 400.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by DarthWenger View Post

You are cynical ... but honest
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast