Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hera & Sandtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by John_Solo View Post
    I seem to recall seeing Bastilla, Torryn Farr, Mara Jade and Luminara on the 4" Black Series pegs within the last few weeks...
    How I would love to be proven wrong. I'll be first in line to buy Hera or Sabine. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyMe View Post
    My master has spoken pearls of truth.
    Heh.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    How I would love to be proven wrong. I'll be first in line to buy Hera or Sabine. We'll see...
    I think you're totally right, but I think it's just that Star Wars (and Marvel, and TMNT, etc) is weak on women characters, rather then Hasbro shortchanging the gender.

I think when there's a good business opportunity for a female toy in a mainly boys SKU, they go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliax View Post
    Ouch, She looks like a Burger King pack in. I really hope that Rebels get popular enough for Hasbro to release Black versions of the figures. They deserve it.
    No idea what Burger King you go to. The toys my kid has gotten from there are usually complete statues with no articulation, and usually no paint either. The last one he got was a glow in the dark dinosaur skeleton statue.

These figures are well sculpted and painted for the most part. You may disagree with the articulation (which I somewhat agree with... I like Clone Wars type articulation)... but that doesn't make it a crappy toy. As for realistic versions, that is clearly a collector oriented sub-genre. The kids will want figures that look like the show (as do I btw).

Does anyone know what the release date is for this figure? I can't seem to find it.

Anyone know when this pack is coming out?

Hasbro has not even announced the cases for this assortment yet. It's going to be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by poddie View Post
    No idea what Burger King you go to. The toys my kid has gotten from there are usually complete statues with no articulation, and usually no paint either. The last one he got was a glow in the dark dinosaur skeleton statue.

These figures are well sculpted and painted for the most part. You may disagree with the articulation (which I somewhat agree with... I like Clone Wars type articulation)... but that doesn't make it a crappy toy. As for realistic versions, that is clearly a collector oriented sub-genre. The kids will want figures that look like the show (as do I btw).
    I realized after the last 3 times that I tried to explain the difference between happy meal toys and 5 POA figures that people just wouldn't listen and liked using that particular bit of hyperbole. it's a windmill that those who actually know how bad a fast food toy is now should stop tilting at. we'll never win.

I myself am not a huge fan of modern 5 POA figures, but when I looked at these, I could see playing with them with my 2 and 5 year old. After all, I gave them some other figures with more articulation and had to track down hands and heads because they pop out so easily in play. I look forward to playing the adventures of the Ghost crew with them and these figures on Christmas.
    When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away. -Mitch Hedburg

Quote Originally Posted by ThorOakenfelder View Post
    I realized after the last 3 times that I tried to explain the difference between happy meal toys and 5 POA figures that people just wouldn't listen and liked using that particular bit of hyperbole. it's a windmill that those who actually know how bad a fast food toy is now should stop tilting at. we'll never win.

I myself am not a huge fan of modern 5 POA figures, but when I looked at these, I could see playing with them with my 2 and 5 year old. After all, I gave them some other figures with more articulation and had to track down hands and heads because they pop out so easily in play. I look forward to playing the adventures of the Ghost crew with them and these figures on Christmas.
    Yeah... the whole "Happy Meal Toy" thing is kind of pissing me off. Even saw Jedi Temple Archives main page posted it about Chopper. Just annoying and unnecessary.

What you say about the durability is exactly why I am digging these... my four year old can play with them and they survive. Give him a black series figure and I'm not sure how long it would last (and he's pretty careful with his toys based on the playmates I have seen him with). Personally, I like them because it's easy to stand them up in a decent pose without futzing with them for five minutes. I love articulation... but I kind of feel I have most of the characters I need in super articulation, and I'm ready to get some of these more basic guys. Hard to explain, given that just a few years ago I would complain about less articulation... but I like 'em.

Well When I was a kid in the 90s I was a huge fast food collector and would get all the disney movie toys and display them and I have to say these 5 poa figures strongly resemble the toys they used to do. While they aren't as bad as the episode 2 saga collection toys, which were worse than fast food toys, that is a pretty accurate statement to make.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast