Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hera & Sandtrooper

Whoops, I forgot to mention they seem to be fake.

I picked up this set as well as 2 of the TIE Pilot/ Stormtrooper ones for $3 each at a dollar store today. They honestly look and feel like Chinese knock-offs. Is that a possibility? The packaging seemed legit and had the Hasbro and Disney logos on it.
    Modern versions of vintage Return of the Jedi figures: 17/17; 9/14

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Hurin View Post
    I picked up this set as well as 2 of the TIE Pilot/ Stormtrooper ones for $3 each at a dollar store today. They honestly look and feel like Chinese knock-offs. Is that a possibility? The packaging seemed legit and had the Hasbro and Disney logos on it.
    I don't know about the others, but there are indeed a lot of cheap chinese KOs of the Stormtrooper/Tie Pilot 2 pack on Ebay with Disney/Hasbro packaging.
    "Bobby U-Wing"

They had this entire wave there: Leia/ Luke Stormtrooper, Cadet Ezra/ Kanan, Luke Hoth/ Han Hoth and the 2 I bought. I'm not entirely regretting it, but they sure are cheap. The TIE Pilot looks fine sitting in a TIE bomber.

It works out to $1.5 a figure so even if they are all pushed to the background I think they are worth getting. They are also good for fodder and testing out modifications or painting techniques.

Hell, I've given the blasters to some Rebel "partisan" customs I've made and between that and being able to see the top 1/3 of the TIE Pilot sitting in a fighter it makes it worth it.

I was more just curious. I didn't get any of the 5POA figures from that era and didn't know if they were actually that cheaply made then.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112