Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Troop Transport

Quote Originally Posted by DarthChevron View Post
    Very disappointing how small this is. And they couldn't even work out a way to have cockpit doors. That opening roof is bizarre to me.
    I don't think it is that small actually. It's just that it is now designed so the troopers aren't buried in the slots up to their waist -- which always struck me as rather odd. To me the slots are the exact same size -- look closely -- only they are now just lower at the top as part of it is a cut out... I like the roof and it looks like there is interesting weapon storage potential...
    Go check out my "Vintaged Up" custom SANDCRAWLER interiors in the Customizing Thread! My fist attempt at any such venture... And I think it looks pretty dang cool.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1094836/#post19072819

Great looking toy, seems like it fits 9 figures in total, 3 on each side and 3 inside, so 2 squads of 4 troopers plus a driver.

I'm really impressed with this new Rebels toys
    My only advice to JJ Abrams would be this:- please cast Anna Torv (aka Olivia Dunham in Fringe) as a female Jedi in the new Star Wars Trilogy, and make her the lead character

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    A few years ago I picked up a used Troop Transporter from Brianstoys. the electronics don't work but it was more of a show piece.
    I opened the used vintage transport I bought, and found no electronics in the modern sense...just an old-school motor and a tiny plastic disc that played like an old vinyl LP when you press the buttons. The mechanism only needed a little persuasion to get it working again. Great that Disney and Hasbro have brought this vehicle into the new show, but for my money, the vintage toy is the greatest...

For $25 bucks, I think this toy does all it needs to do.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

I don't mind that this vehicle doesn't have electronics... BUT if I had them, I would have GLADLY paid more for this toy. As it stands now though, I agree... It offers A LOT of bang for the buck...
    Go check out my "Vintaged Up" custom SANDCRAWLER interiors in the Customizing Thread! My fist attempt at any such venture... And I think it looks pretty dang cool.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1094836/#post19072819

Looks too small to me. This could have been much better.

Just wish this could be released in a vintage style box given that it's based in an original Kenner design. I'm still blown away by the fact that this is actually a new toy. Of all the vintage vehicles Hasbro has remade and improved upon, I never expected the Imperial Transport to get revisisted! It makes me hope that the Rebels cartoon might feature some of the Kenner mini-rigs, which in turn could result in some of those getting new treatments in the toy line too.
    Shabby Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Blue View Post
    Just wish this could be released in a vintage style box given that it's based in an original Kenner design. I'm still blown away by the fact that this is actually a new toy. Of all the vintage vehicles Hasbro has remade and improved upon, I never expected the Imperial Transport to get revisisted! It makes me hope that the Rebels cartoon might feature some of the Kenner mini-rigs, which in turn could result in some of those getting new treatments in the toy line too.
    I haven't bought a new Star Wars vehicle for years; I think the last one was the excellent Twin-Pod Cloud Car back in 2010. However, this new Imperial Troop Transport this is a must buy for me; as a child of the OOT, I was a fan of the original back in the day (though I never had the one with the electronics; I think I may have the non-electronic one floating around somewhere). And, I'm also surprised that they're re-doing this. Excellent!

This is the one vehicle shown that I'm excited about. I played with my original one quite a bit back in the day.

i think between this thing and the new walker i'll be using these for Rebel vehicles and not Imperial. my rebels need more then just x-wings and antiquated Y-wing molds for my figures.
    Dishing out the wisdom of a fool on a daily basis.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast