Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Princess Leia in Boushh Disguise - #17

Recently purchased this figure and was extremely disappointed. The hypothetical figure is beautiful but I've now been through two copies from different sources with multiple fused joints that refuse to move without breaking. Seems very brittle.

If the joints worked out, I'd call it a great update, love how it looks a lot better than the previous version... but as it is, I can't pose her leaning on her staff which is... pretty much the main thing Boushh does onscreen.
    Retired from Star Wars, collecting and all, but I stop by RS, JTA, JB, etc. every once in a while for a dose of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by JVM View Post
    Recently purchased this figure and was extremely disappointed. The hypothetical figure is beautiful but I've now been through two copies from different sources with multiple fused joints that refuse to move without breaking. Seems very brittle.

If the joints worked out, I'd call it a great update, love how it looks a lot better than the previous version... but as it is, I can't pose her leaning on her staff which is... pretty much the main thing Boushh does onscreen.
    Try running very hot water on the problem joints for a bit until the plastic becomes more pliable. Then GENTLY try to work
    the joints articulation back and forth until it becomes free. It may help to keep the hot water running over it while trying.

If your hot water does not get VERY hot, fill a coffee mug with water and heat in a microwave for 1-2 minutes (just the water).
    After heating, remove the mug of water from the microwave and drop the figure in.
    While letting it sit for a minute get a hand towel (or any small towel) and some tongs or spoon.
    After the figure sits in the hot water (minute or more) get it out using the tongs/spoon (do not use hands).

BE CAREFUL AS THE WATER SHOULD BE VERY HOT!!!

Put the figure directly onto the towel before handling.
    Let the towel soak up any hot water from the figure.
    Then GENTLY try to work the joints articulation back and forth until it becomes free.
    Once done run the figure under cold water to make the plastic stiffen.

After countless figures, I have yet to come across any this did not work on.
    "May the Funk be with You!"

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334