Page 265 of 268 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2673

Thread: EFX Biker Scout release has been announced

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Did any of the LE Scout Trooper helmets not have the horrendous visor gap and flaring ?
    They all have it, some to a lesser amount than others.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    They all have it, some to a lesser amount than others.
    That's what I figured. Not even worth finding one on clearance.

Havenít seen a single limited scout that *didnít* have a large gap on the top and poor closure on the sides at ďcheekĒ parts. On mine itís clearly two issues: one is that they over-trimmed the gap, possibly so that it would have clearance when opening, but thereís too much space even then. Looks really ugly in any event.

The other issue with mine (and Iím assuming others to varying degrees) is that the placement of the hinges is poor, and so the angle it makes when the visor is shut is such that it could never be flush and clean looking Iím not saying it needs to be perfect but itís not even possible to close mine in such a way that the black chin strap material that loops through is hidden. Again, looks really ugly.

Iíll be curious to see how the Legend version fares.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." -Euripides

My Scout helmet closes perfectly from the sides, but has the big top gap like all others.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Mine closes pretty well. The biggest issue can be seen in the first picture where the line formed by the top of the ear is not parallel to the line of the side visor. Doesn't bother me much though because the way I've got it displayed, you can't really see the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70 View Post
    Mine closes pretty well. The biggest issue can be seen in the first picture where the line formed by the top of the ear is not parallel to the line of the side visor. Doesn't bother me much though because the way I've got it displayed, you can't really see the sides.

I know it's not the topic but man, that AT AT Driver is sweet!
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I know it's not the topic but man, that AT AT Driver is sweet!
    My favorite Imperial trooper helmet too!

Yep, that shows a bit of what I mean. On the screen-used pics I’ve seen, that line is much more continuous/straight from the back piece to the visor. The difference in heights of the *bottom* of the helmet also doesn’t look right, compared to the screen-used where it’s more even. I think that issue is due to the cheek flare- if I hold up my visor slightly to where it would rest naturally with narrower cheeks, the bottom of the visor is more flush with the bottom of the main helmet. AND doing so corrects the “straightness” of the line discussed above (the one running above the ears and continuing onto the visor, parallel to the line below the ears, and parallel to the line formed by the very top of the visor and the “bump” part on the back of the main helmet.)

I believe all of the cheeks probably are flared, and the way each helmet was finished as far as drilling of the hinge holes may have something to do with how well they close. Thinking on it some more, if there are helmets that DO close well, and the cheeks don’t seem flared, then it would make sense for the issue to be in the hinge placement.
    Last edited by Jagjaguwar; 05-01-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." -Euripides

November 10, 2018

First, I want to personally thank you for your continued patience and support in regard to the delays associated with the Legend Edition of our Scout Trooper helmet. Rest assured that we are still working diligently on the manufacturing of the helmet.

Due to significant quality hurdles, we were forced to change vendors and are now working with a vendor who we are confident can manufacture our helmets to our standards. Although production has not begun yet, but we are working with the new vendor as quickly as possible towards that goal.

Please expect to get periodic updates as we get closer to shipping the helmet, which is on track to be shipped in the first quarter of 2019.

Our (obsessive) dedication to producing the most accurate, quality representation of the original prop is the root of this extended delay, and we take full responsibility for that!

We apologize if you received this emailed in error!

I thank you once again for your continued patience.
    Thanks!
    Bryan
    Last edited by catch; 06-01-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    New displays and presentation ideas..........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/591843260969622/

July 8, 2014 payment was made for my biker scout legend.

Coming up on 5 years. This has to be the biggest cluster***k in SW collecting history.

Last edited by BenObi_70; 06-01-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Page 265 of 268 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267 ... LastLast