Page 215 of 266 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2659

Thread: EFX Biker Scout release has been announced

Top of my RS Scout helmet:

COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    Hey Jez. Did you get a discount from Efx or another retailer ? Thanks.
    Hi - I'd pre-ordered this back in 2014 from a US Retailer (I'm UK based btw) but cancelled that a couple of weeks ago as was just didn't think it was worth the price it was going to cost me. However one of the UK retailers I know had a cancellation last week so offered me a 'deal'. I saved about $250 (even taking into account the lost pre-order deposit) so felt it was a more realistic price.

Sergiu - great photo showing what a scout should look like!

Cheers

Jez
    Last edited by StarWarsHelmets; 04-12-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFlavaFlave View Post
    I am looking forward to my helmet and do not care about the gap since the LE is an idealized prop anyhow....
    I'd hardly called it "idealized." Idealized would have zero gap, everything would be perfectly aligned, flush, and symmetrical - and more than likely wouldn't have an opening "lid" so that it could be easily achieved without "issue."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    I'd hardly called it "idealized." Idealized would have zero gap, everything would be perfectly aligned, flush, and symmetrical - and more than likely wouldn't have an opening "lid" so that it could be easily achieved without "issue."
    It is idealized since it is not true to the filiming prop...
    Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi.

Very true MrFlavaFlave, some people don't know what idealized means when referring to prop replicas. This one is made sturdier in fiberglass, with a padded interior. The original film prop was much flimsier made from ABS and did not have a finished interior. Personally I prefer idealized to strict adherence to screen accuracy, when on the whole I'm getting what I feel is a much better constructed item. I'm not in the habit of looking at my helmets from a top down perspective, from normal eye lines the LE looks just fine and is visually comparable to the other makers as evidenced in the above posted images.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

I've never understood the whole (I prefer my props to look different to the real thing)

I would hate to say to my friend looking at my collection who says these look great, O sorry my friend that is idealized the real thing didn't really look that good.

He would say what did they look like, that would be much cooler. I don't want to see a company's interpretation to how they should have looked and how comfy the company thinks it should feel on your head. I want to see how it was really done all them years ago.

To what i would say (touché my friend touché)

But each to there own

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Very true MrFlavaFlave, some people don't know what idealized means when referring to prop replicas. This one is made sturdier in fiberglass, with a padded interior. The original film prop was much flimsier made from ABS and did not have a finished interior. Personally I prefer idealized to strict adherence to screen accuracy, when on the whole I'm getting what I feel is a much better constructed item. I'm not in the habit of looking at my helmets from a top down perspective, from normal eye lines the LE looks just fine and is visually comparable to the other makers as evidenced in the above posted images.
    Well I have thought the same as Google

idealize
    regard or represent as perfect or better than in reality

Not to make it look worse than it did before. But that's just me.

Well that's not what they were aiming for when it was first advertised.

At no point have they ever stated it's an idealized version - particularly when they went on about it being from an original wood mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Keep reassuring yourself it was a good purchase... and worth every cent

Quote Originally Posted by 3phase View Post
    Well I have thought the same as Google

idealize
    regard or represent as perfect or better than in reality

Not to make it look worse than it did before. But that's just me.
    The fiberglass versions are better constructed than the ABS originals, so in that regard they are better than the reality of the original. Making it look more like what you see on the screen, (in universe), not what the prop maker turned out because the camera angles and FX hides the flaws of the actual physical prop. I'm just saying there are two ways to interpret what looks right.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

Page 215 of 266 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast