Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabba The Hutt - SDCC 2014 Exclusive

Jabba The Hutt - SDCC 2014 Exclusive

Well it's official now. Jabba with Hooka and Salacious Crumb is the SDCC exclusive!
    'Star Wars': First Look at Hasbro's new Jabba the Hutt Comic-Con toy | PopWatch | EW.com

How disappointing. Is that Salious Crumb figure even articulated?

I am somewhat relived to see that it's really nothing that special. Hopefully we will be getting the accessories with the general release as well. obviously we won't get the fancy box and cardboard dias. But really, what are we supposed to sit Jabba and Slave Leia on? Will the dias be something that they sell separately down the road?

It doesn't look like it. Just a static posed figure.

so umm yeah, how many of us saw that coming.
    "The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away." And praise God, so have the last remnants of mine...

Man, let's hope that either viperskingdom, tunghori, sinodolls, or whoever gets that Salacious in en masse, to save a lot of us a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by jalthe1andonly View Post
    Well it's official now. Jabba with Hooka and Salacious Crumb is the SDCC exclusive!
    'Star Wars': First Look at Hasbro's new Jabba the Hutt Comic-Con toy | PopWatch | EW.com
    I think they edited that article after a few minutes. I'm sure the first time I read it it went into a bit more detail and said that the dais was made of cardboard. But rereading it now, that part has been taken out and their is no mention of it. How very disappointing if it's true. This is meant to be a premium series, we should expect more than a cardboard dais.

Hasbro is just cheap and greedy anymore. I don't expect anything from them anymore. From what i've seen coming out at Disney, their in-house stuff looks much better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by jalthe1andonly View Post
    Hasbro is just cheap and greedy anymore. I don't expect anything from them anymore. From what i've seen coming out at Disney, their in-house stuff looks much better anyways.
    Right! Hasbro has had plenty of time and oppty to do some nice larger figs with dialogue and detail even if they weren't 12 inch and I thought the BS was a "collector focus" line... so much for that twice now. The Jabba is likely to be more than the Han on secondary and they know full well that not everyone get to those shows. I say its a case of "this hand gives you something nice whilst and at the same time the other hand is clawing you." This is exactly why I chose to give my money to the collector who did the cast molds of the Han in Carbonite. They are beautifully done, detailed, painted and reasonable in price. This is also another reason why I am glad that the few figures I wanted I only paid between 14 and 18 dollars for instead of full retail or more on secondary.
    "The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away." And praise God, so have the last remnants of mine...

Yeah, it's a Comic Con Exclusive... You figure you can charge whatever you want to cover the cost it would take to make the Jabba that collectors really want. They'll all sell no matter the price, so that's not a problem. I know I'd be willing to pay more for a 6-inch Black Series version of the original Kenner Jabba and his throne that I had when I was a kid. I always had plenty of figures, but vehicles and play sets were a little expensive for my parents. Then one Christmas I get the Jabba Playset and the Ewok Village... Greatest Christmas ever!

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast