Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Packaging for the Saga Legends line, would you buy them?

No - no nostalgia factor for me. I unpack stuff and mostly throw the packaging away. It's neat to have a good design in the shop, but the primary focus is on the figure.

And from my point of view, 5POA is a step in the wrong direction, so I am very, very selective in what I may buy.

I'm buying them anyway since I'm an opener. I'd still love to see this, since it means a stronger push for new product, and hopefully would get us more of these figures. I would love to buy the entire vintage line in this format. But I would hope they keep the price where it currently is. Sadly, Hasbro feels the need to jack up the price based on simple packaging.

Now, if they would only put out some new box-style cases with new vintage-style art, I'd buy multiples!
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play" - Captain Kirk, Shore Leave (TOS)

The whole vintage colours and packaging for modern figures idea has been around, debated, and customized since 1995's POTF2. These new 5POA figures are the first modern figures that really would make sense to me to market this way. I'm in the niche that would be game.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

not if it increased the price. But I think it should have been used to get the point across. Most ppl see these figures as being cheap and made to sell for little kids, instead of seeing they are Retro. If the packaging was Retro, that would have helped drive-home the point.

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    not if it increased the price. But I think it should have been used to get the point across. Most ppl see these figures as being cheap and made to sell for little kids, instead of seeing they are Retro. If the packaging was Retro, that would have helped drive-home the point.
    Hasbro doesn't get it

With the drastic decline of the SA 3.75 TBS line, I'm starting to look at this idea as a viable alternative / replacement. When the new movies start to hit, maybe they'll stick with 5 POA sculpts and vintage cardbacks to transport kids and adult collectors back to the original 1980's look and feel of the line. The lower pricepoint would likely drive sales as well.

If they released these with vintage card backs then I would return to MOSC collecting. I would even be game for something with a vintage style in the smaller packaging that they have been using. The current card and the Rebels card do not interest me so I will collect these figures loose for now.

i bought them for the sheer enjoyment that they bring. it's like a flashback to my childhood. I think if Hasbro were to release these on Vintage Cardback stock alot of collectors would be upset. I know I would as then I would need to buy 2 of everyone just to keep one carded and one loose.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

If these had been released on vintage style cards, I would have already bought a set to display carded. The SA figures look better on the shelf posed out of the package.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast